Confirmed with Link: Toffoli (50% retained) off to Winnipeg for a 2024 3rd and 2025 2nd rounder per Seravalli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think the rule of thumb is that a pick a year later is worth a round less value. I know the NFL looks at it that way.
I don’t think it would be the same in the NHL.

NHL and NFL drafts aren’t similar at all and I think the value in draft picks from round to round is a lot closer in the NFL.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
My guess is the plan for W is to look at UFA. We probably need LW more than RW, with Meier and Holtz and Bratt there. LWs include Guentzel, Teravainen, Mantha (all 29 right now), Henrique (34), DuClair (28), Martinook (31), Zucker (32)... there could be something there.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
these picks today aren't going to move the needle on getting us a goalie which is what we need the most importantly for next season. the ask is still going to be holtz first and something else or casey first and something else.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If winnipeg wanted Toffoli, Fitz should've told them it's Montreal's 2nd or they can f*** themselves. If you offer the same deal (2024 3rd, 2025 2nd) to the universe you get 5 takers immediately.

Huh, weird. Fitzgerald must just be completely incompetent, then. Toffoli must've been a highly sought after player and Fitzgerald just took less for no reason. When you explain it that way, it makes a lot of sense.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
yes it is junk. a 3rd is total junk a 2nd is a little less junk but still junk.

The Devils traded a second and 3rd round pick to acquire Kyle Palmieri who went on to score 266 points in 397 games with the Devils.

They don't have to actually make the picks, and frankly it would be surprising if they did.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
these picks today aren't going to move the needle on getting us a goalie which is what we need the most importantly for next season. the ask is still going to be holtz first and something else or casey first and something else.
Except that probably isn’t the ask. I think most of us believe Fitz would absolutely have made that deal if that was the ask. The ask is clearly more and we’ve heard that they have been asking for Nemec or Mercer.

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
I think the rule of thumb is that a pick a year later is worth a round less value. I know the NFL looks at it that way.
The NFL is not comparable. Draft picks make immediate impacts in the NFL and due to 22 different positions there’s a lot less variance between a good draft and a bad draft. The difference in the NHL between 2024 2nd and a 2025 2nd is negligible.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Rebuilding teams dont hit 112 points. That's a organizational failure if they are going back to rebuilding after making the playoffs and being the third best team in the east.

You're either coping or not very in touch.
112 point teams don’t often have 19 and 20 year old dmen in prominent roles. We are in a strange spot — both competing and obviously not there yet.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The Devils traded a second and 3rd round pick to acquire Kyle Palmieri who went on to score 266 points in 397 games with the Devils.

They don't have to actually make the picks, and frankly it would be surprising if they did.

they used similar packages for mojo/mango/goose and how did they turn out

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Huh, weird. Fitzgerald must just be completely incompetent, then. Toffoli must've been a highly sought after player and Fitzgerald just took less for no reason. When you explain it that way, it makes a lot of sense.
Ahh, see! I knew we'd eventually agree.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
With one year left on his contract after this one, it looks like Allen will be our backup goalie once we acquire whoever will be our starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad