Eklund Rumor: Toews/Montreal

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Before Weber was a hab he was one of my favourite and most coveted players but I never imagined I’d see him in a habs jersey. Before drouin was a hab he was one of my favourite and most coveted players but I never imagined I’d see him in a habs jersey. Jonathan Toews is one of my favourite and most coveted players and I would love to see him in a habs jersey. Not sure the price is worth it though. Might go sideway. Rather try for Tavares first

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
as others said, Toews has a full NMC - so this is likely a bunch of hot air coming out his ass...

but, if Toews would be open to waiving for Montreal, not sure why to be honest, it would make sense for it to be built around Toews and Weber...the Hawks would not even dare look at Price as an option regardless of Crow's condition, that contract is beyond brutal...Weber makes more sense as we would have to take some cash back and he would be of use here, but damn is his contract long too...this could be the battle of bad contracts!! Getting Weber would save us $3mil and then we could sign Tavares to replace Toews...Hey, just trying to get inside the brilliant mind of Eklund here!

so trading Toews turns into Weber and Tavares......woot woot!!!

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It's part of their master plan. Toews for Weber, convince him to retire (by paying him a lot to be a consultant or something), which causes Nashville to be hit with a recapture penalty and sell off a piece or two cheap, then sign Tavares, and compete with Winnipeg for the division

Reactions: Hulkacaniac

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I love Ecklund threads.
Nice to have some light hearted comedy and humour on this board, even if some posters can’t take it as such.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Meanwhile at Eklund's HQ.....

darts.jpg

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Even an incompetent baffoon like Bowman wouldn't trade the heart and soul of the team and the city. The Hawks would be nothing without Toews, nothing. They would have not even sniffed the Cup finals without him the past 10 years.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Even an incompetent baffoon like Bowman wouldn't trade the heart and soul of the team and the city. The Hawks would be nothing without Toews, nothing. They would have not even sniffed the Cup finals without him the past 10 years.

If you are under the notion that the team is still competitive as is sure. I think it would actually be smart for him to ship Toews. Kane will still produce no sense in that, if you can get a premium get one. You guys might as well go under another down phase for a 3-4 years and get some top 5 picks and hope they turn out anywhere close to this core. That defense is scary bad and Keith isn't getting any younger

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I havenever wanted Eklund to get one right so bad in my life

Towes 10.5

Price 10.5

Weber 7.8

Alzner 4.6

If my math is right that's 33.4 in 4 guys, even if goes to 80 million that's over 40% of the cap.

Add in Drouin and Petry and that's over 50% of the cap on 6 guys

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Well this season they weren't much with toews, so are you saying nothing would change?

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad