Eklund Rumor: Toews/Montreal

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Damnnnn Ek suggests this so now there is no way of the Habs furthering the crippling of their franchise by 'adding' Toews.

Also Im convinced that Eklund is someone who straight up proven to be a legit person to those behind closed doors (HF) but has absolutely no legit sources and people who add anything meaningful.

Or Eklund pays some money to allow his garbage to still be shared.

Reactions: S1C1L1AN78

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
if Chicago somehow managed to get something of value for Toews and his awful contract it would be a deal of the decade type move

we're talking an Erat for Forsberg type steal

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
A trade involving Toews to Montreal isn't going to happen but if it did the player going to Chicago would be Galchenyuk ..

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Getting rid of Toews and adding some quality signings puts the Hawks right back into contention

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think it would matter. Decline/overpaid aside i have a hard time seeing Chicago dumping Toews. They don't have the players in the system to replace him.

Unless it involved the top 3 pick Montreal has, but that's unrealistic at best.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
A sick part of me thinks this could happen.....

Montreal needs a center desperately bad and Bergevin is unpredictable

But its Eklund..

#3 and Galchenyuk for Toews+ is a Bergevin move (not one i'd do)

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Yeah ok. Fine, whatever. We're not going anywhere, why not bring toews and see if he can help the team get out of the suck. We have some decent offensive guys who could, oh I don't know, use a proper center.

Do it bargainbin

That plan also has the added benefit of accelerating the habs eventual "burning of the place down". Toews contract, weber's, price, f*** it, bring Tavares in too. 4 contracts, 60% of the cap! ITS NEVER BEEN DONE! Stack that mother up Bergy!!

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Lol I am immediately thinking of Galchenyuk playing with Kane lol

How hilarious would it be if Chicago made Chucky a star at C and Toews regressed in MTL .

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That would be such a Montreal thing to do (which I assume is the only reason Eklund said it). No way anybody is trading real assets for Toews right now.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Toews has went from being one of the most overrated to one of the most underrated in a short period of time.
Huh? Not one single person in this thread has even mentioned anything about his quality of play.

People have mentioned his contract, which is objectively awful. That has nothing to do with being over/underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad