Confirmed with Link: Toews/Hawks agree that he will not be traded. Health related.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Toews and Kane have surpassed Mikita and Hull in greatness. No matter what happens from now on they have already achieved this status.

Kane maybe... At least tied with them

Toews, no.. I get recency bias and three cups but with how mediocre he has been the past 8 years just no.

He would be the guy guarding the gate with guys like Keith but not necessarily inside the party.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Toews is absolutely getting into the HHOF. I can understand why he shouldn't in the eyes of some, but the bar has been lowered so much and Toews checks off every - and pardon the usage - intangible the committee can dream of coming up with. Kevin Lowe made the hall of Fame. It's a popularity contest.

Reactions: AzHawk and Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
bigger hater then I thought.

Do you think you may have been to hard on the blackhawks legend? Questioning his work ethic every week.

I'm a hater because I tell it like it is? Sure thing. Better than being an unwavering fanboy who takes it personally any time someone criticizes your guys. One word of advice: Don't ever meet your heroes buddy. It might destroy your world.

I found it interesting he is saying it's Long Covid and not the "illness that isn't even an illness" anymore. Especially considering his COVID stance prior to now. Nobody remembers those comments I guess. Lol

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I'm a hater because I tell it like it is? Sure thing. Better than being an unwavering fanboy who takes it personally any time someone criticizes your guys. One word of advice: Don't ever meet your heroes buddy. It might destroy your world.

I found it interesting he is saying it's Long Covid and not the "illness that isn't even an illness" anymore. Especially considering his COVID stance prior to now. Nobody remembers those comments I guess. Lol
I think they do not know what actually is wrong with him. Hope our medical staff is better than when Bickel was here….

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013

Toews, no.. I get recency bias and three cups but with how mediocre he has been the past 8 years just no.

He would be the guy guarding the gate with guys like Keith but not necessarily inside the party.

Toews might be the main responsible for this franchise ressurection, not Kane, not Keith, no Corey, not Q. He has been the most important piece during this era, despite the all ups and downs and not being the same for quite a time. He's not good as Kane, nor vigorous as Keith, and maybe he doesn't have Hossa's hockey IQ. But I think he was the glue that made everything works. After all he has written his name in history as the face of the franchise in its most successful period and I belive this is the way he should be remembered by the fanbase.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Toews might be the main responsible for this franchise ressurection, not Kane, not Keith, no Corey, not Q. He has been the most important piece during this era, despite the all ups and downs and not being the same for quite a time. He's not good as Kane, nor vigorous as Keith, and maybe he doesn't have Hossa's hockey IQ. But I think he was the glue that made everything works. After all he has written his name in history as the face of the franchise in its most successful period and I belive this is the way he should be remembered by the fanbase.

Keith is the single biggest piece out of all of those cup wins. Hands down, no debate. It's criminal how badly he's underrated around here.

For perspective: In the 3 cup runs Keith put up 51 points in 67 games and was a +28, while logging almost 30 minutes a night...

Last edited:

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Didnt he miss a couple games due to illness? I wonder if he caught Covid again and it retriggered his condition. I hope this legend is able to get healthy and go out on his own terms, or at least live comfortably (health wise)

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO

CIRS is a real condition. Just because its uncommon doesnt make it less real. Curious where you’re getting the idea that its made up? Not seeing anywhere he is saying it isnt CIRS, hes saying its both things which makes sense because studies are showing links between the two.

You also aren’t calling it like it is you’re doing what so many did with Seabs and dragging him based on the conclusions you've drawn yourself.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
You think that stalock will need more practise and stauber/mrazek share this road trip games still no?

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
CIRS is a real condition. Just because its uncommon doesnt make it less real. Curious where you’re getting the idea that its made up? Not seeing anywhere he is saying it isnt CIRS, hes saying its both things which makes sense because studies are showing links between the two.

You also aren’t calling it like it is you’re doing what so many did with Seabs and dragging him based on the conclusions you've drawn yourself.
CIRS is Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. Toews says he has Chronic Immune Response Syndrome. I'm pretty sure he means he has Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome but it is kind of weird he's still getting the name wrong. When I google "Chronic Immune Response Syndrome" articles about Toews are pretty much the only thing that pop up.

CIRS also doesn't have a Wikipedia page and when I search for it on Mayo clinic nothing pops up so that's interesting.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

I don’t know how old you are but as much as I loved drinking beers with Mikita at Stimaks (in Berkeley) he was very mediocre his last several seasons.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The NHL voluntarily named Toews a top 100 player of all time. There is zero chance that Toews isn’t easily easily making it into the HoF. Everybody with an opinion that matters in the hockey world absolutely loved prime Toews.

Toews international resume also helps overcome any claims of a lacking NHL resume (Mainly now because of illness, He would have easily been on pace for 1k+ career pts without illness)

Its hockey HOF not NHL HOF

I would view him like some of the Soviet/Russian players whose international play factored into induction

Reactions: Muffinalt

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I don’t know how old you are but as much as I loved drinking beers with Mikita at Stimaks (in Berkeley) he was very mediocre his last several seasons.
His linemates were Cliff Koroll and John Marks, the roster was depleted then. He would have had better stats with a sniper or two, but I still enjoyed having Stan stick around for as long as he did. I thinK Savard could have played another couple of years too.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Toews had an argument that he was the second most impactful player on the ice for a team from 2009-2015 if you like advanced numbers. His fall off was incredibly steep but don't forget how good he was for plenty of years. His 2013 was incredible.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

like it is? when you consistently said he didn't give a shit? Your in your own world.

Now you frame the poor guys illness like there's a conspiracy around it. We get it you dont like him.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Torws never was the same player after thex3rd Cup in 2015 except for brief periods like tge bubble orcdirca onevitctwimonth period out of an 82cgamecsesdon...all under his new $29.5 cobtract.

So well beforexCovjdcever cane hexwas not tgevold Toews ofctge Cup years in terms of hos eye test try/hustle/strip pucks/hard on puck style that hexexcekjedcin during his prior contracts ..You could excuse the lazier Ciubtry Club pkay in 2015/16 as tired Ness from a Cuo run in the season prior or forc3 cup runs in 6cseadibs abdxakk tgexextra games and wear on the body...but Fter tge mulligan year you exoectedvold Toewszandvhjs impact work habits to return...never did. Except for shorter periods in a season.
Latxseaskband thus I've he particularly looked skier and having very little energy...traiing plays.. not able to stick on checks...huffing and puffing when coming off shifts s..but this was already during and after Covid ..
So maybe if soneting had already affected him after tgex2915 Cuo it may have either gotten worse by Covid or enabled Covid to beconevlong Covid?

Hardcti de-cobstructcwhat has gobexwringvwith his health..

But he never was the same after sumner 2015 in his style and effectiveness of hard play on the
puck and this affected hisciffense but mostly his defensive impact..
Now many blamed his decline on simply the fat contract of$10.5mil per...and tgectendency to CountryvCkub it...but maybe hecsinoly picked up his syndrome in thexsimnerbifc2914 Nd health was affected which affected his pkay...notctgatvhe got lazy butvtgatvhe struggled to "keep up" and could nolongervimposevon the play ?

Of course the summer of 2015 was when went to Mach Picchu...dodvhevoick up sone bug inOeru that has affected him since?
Hard to know...buttge FACT is he did visit Peru that summer and never really got back to where he was as a player before that...something may have been affecting his immune responses thereafter and that would be a medical explanation for his decline of hard on the puck ability ratger than attribute any attitude problem /lazynesdsCountry Club /out of shape ,don't care anymore to hustle bad habits he formed..

When Covid came along it may have exacerbated his medical syndrome issue or the syndrome enabled a long Covid response...
Whatever tge case,he has heakthbussuexoutbin the open now ...will he ever get back to even pkaying level let alone his former level ore-summer 2015?

Nobody knows...maybe he decides to retire this summer if he cannot recover?Maybe Hawks or another team give him a PTO at training camp to see IF he can still play...or not..if he irises he can tgey will then sign him at a huge discount over tge $10.5...simply now hebisxa big risk to sign...because nobody knows even if he presents healthy at camp,if this syndrome affects hom at the next viral season...he is a big risk now due to this syndrome the doctors cannot seem to eliminate fron his body.

• Haha
Reactions: Otto31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad