Confirmed with Link: Toews/Hawks agree that he will not be traded. Health related.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
451B26A0-30A1-45B1-B7B5-D5066F9AD0C9.jpeg

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
1 down. Kane to go.

Why does it look like Toews' cardio has been cut in half? Because his body has not fully recovered from his illness.

People need to cut him some slack. Seabrook tried to play with a broken down body and he caught hell from everyone but no on knew how rough a shape his body was in.

Toews is in the same boat. He has been trying to play these last 2 years and everyone has been calling him a waste of time/money but his body still hasn't recovered from his covid issue.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I hope he gets healthy and resigns.
Resigns or re-sign. Normally I don't point out that spelling but I hope he just "resigns" and retires.

Players always want to push and push to play but some choices to stop should be made. Like it bothered me clearly Shaw was on his last legs with injuries yet still came back before he finally got enough head injuries to stop. I don't think there's much more for Toews to do or prove on the ice.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sucks to see he's still dealing with this. I'd love for him to re-sign for next year, but as others here have said, feels like he may hang them up instead.

Curious how this affects the other potential trade options for us. Not trading Toews keeps open a retention spot this season and may persuade Davidson to be more aggressive moving someone else (like Domi, who seemed like he might stay).

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
My first concern is for his health. I hope he gets better and can play again but it night be in his best interest to retire. Time will tell.

Personally even though the picks would have helped, I am glad I wont have to see him in another teams jersey and if he plays again next year, I hope it will be with Hawks at a reasonable contract. Be nice to see him reach 1,000 points as a Hawk.

Reactions: Muffinalt and Giovi

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Over the past couple years I have been struggling with health issues myself, not as serious as his but every day is a different struggle and I could only imagine how hard it must be trying to compete at the highest level when not feeling well. I wish him all the best, in the end health is one of the most important things in life and should be the main thing considered going forward.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Would be sad if this was the end of his career. Kind of like Hossa who went out in an uneventful way.

Hope he's able to recover.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Was hoping this wasn’t the case, but had a feeling it was. I thought Toews looked great early in the season and looked like he had his wind and his legs back. That changed after about 20 games. Seems like we have the reason for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This is a business. They should have traded Toews 3 years ago when he still had value. Respect Kane for staying healthy and playing well. If they try to trade Kane first I hope he says screw you, retires, and becomes a first ballot HoFer.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If he has long covid,why was he even playing before he went out of the lineup this last time?
Andduds the Chronic Immune Response Syndrome affect him much much much longer than tge Long Covid symptoms?

Like maybe since hexwent to Machu Piccu after the last Hawks Cuo in Summer 2015 and NEVER again was the energetic dominating shift guy he was before then?He akwatsxseenedcto be saooedvof energy except for sone brief period in the seasons he then played.

So I guess he us now shut down for tgexseon..

Maybe Hawjs bri g him back on a 1 tr trial basis at a much reduced pay =to a replacement 3C=$3-4 million with a bonus for GP ?

That way maybe he can earn upto $5-6milkion if he stayschealthy and useful ...OR if he tries it in pre-season and he still gets energy sapped,he then coukd walk away from the gane into the sunset and Hawksxwoukd lavish tge full Jersey to the rFters retire #19 night for hom.

Point is he may eothercwantvto prove he can still play...with the Hawks...or retire as a Hawks lifer.So maybe not a goes ufa signs elsewhere to ve 4C elsewhere ..

Even if we get Newark this team still is either going to be very young and inexperienced or Stull have too many vets to ditch and insert tgevyutesxwhen ready eitger nextcseso or by seaso after.

With so much youth coming then,not going tovrose out of basement certainly next season and maybe in 2024-25 too..

Toewsxwilk have no illusions about Wi Ning anitger Cuo hefeif he re-signs...but he either might not want to play anymore because his health is not good enough to withstand the 82 gane grind...OR he may accept that while he may not be around long enough on any extention for Hawks to reach the top level again,he WANTS to play a lesor role mentor role for the yutes coming in and to retire as a Hawks lifer ...so we shall see.

But at least we have clarity now and he is off the will he/won't he go at TDL distraction to the team.

Now for the Kane decision..Has to cone soon...Will he go or stay and then decide where to sign as ufa thus summer...such that if Hawks lick out inthe Bedard sweepstakes,maybe he re-signs in Chicago at sone discount ...but gets his chance to be both a lifer and to pkay with Bedard and get back to adding to his career stats substantially for several more seasons in that scenario.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Resigns or re-sign. Normally I don't point out that spelling but I hope he just "resigns" and retires.

Players always want to push and push to play but some choices to stop should be made. Like it bothered me clearly Shaw was on his last legs with injuries yet still came back before he finally got enough head injuries to stop. I don't think there's much more for Toews to do or prove on the ice.
You're right about the spelling. It is re-sign. And I still want him to get healthy and re-sign.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This is a business. They should have traded Toews 3 years ago when he still had value. Respect Kane for staying healthy and playing well. If they try to trade Kane first I hope he says screw you, retires, and becomes a first ballot HoFer.
WTF even is this post?

Trading Toews 3 years ago? Which teams do you think had $10.5m laying around that he'd be willing to move to?

And Kane should retire if the Hawks try to trade him? Kane has a full NMC, he goes only where he wants. And even if he didn't and got shipped to a tirefire organization (Arizona or Ottawa as an example), he'd still only have to be there for a few months. Not at all worth giving up the entire rest of his career over.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00