Todd Richards future?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I still can't believe people want to replace a coach after what was essentially the best season in team history. Sure we had an extra hot goalie but considering expectations coming into the season nothng warrants his replacement. Let's face it, this team isn't the most talented. They got where they were because of the hard working attitude he helped instill.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I still can't believe people want to replace a coach after what was essentially the best season in team history. Sure we had an extra hot goalie but considering expectations coming into the season nothng warrants his replacement. Let's face it, this team isn't the most talented. They got where they were because of the hard working attitude he helped instill.

I'm not so sure anyone wants to replace him - though has squarelaces weighed in yet? :sarcasm: I definitely don't want to, and I think we should extend him soon, probably before the season, because I feel putting him through a lame duck season wouldn't be fair and would go against precedent.

My concern was that he's not JD or JK's guy and that a decision will be made to let him go so they get their guy. But that's not my concern anymore, I don't think he's going anywhere, for the reasons you and many others have already stated.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm not so sure anyone wants to replace him - though has squarelaces weighed in yet? :sarcasm: I definitely don't want to, and I think we should extend him soon, probably before the season, because I feel putting him through a lame duck season wouldn't be fair and would go against precedent.

My concern was that he's not JD or JK's guy and that a decision will be made to let him go so they get their guy. But that's not my concern anymore, I don't think he's going anywhere, for the reasons you and many others have already stated.

I'd put it this way, I’m sure there were moments early in the season JD (before JK was hired) was browsing his list of coaches he knows as possible replacements, but at the same time I believe JD is wise enough to know when no changes are required.. Richards will be around at least one more year perhaps longer.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
There's no need to replace Richards. We could use a new special teams coach though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad