Todd McLellan Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He’s a good coach, that entire roster outside of McDavid is awful.
If you actually paid attention to the Oilers; the system they play, the way special teams are utilized, the head scratching lineup decisions etc.. you would know he is not a good coach. I think there's a lot more within this roster and McLellan has failed to get the most out of it. That's not to defend Chia because he's terrible too. Bouchard, for example has been good to start the season and should 100% be on the PP. He's not even in the lineup tonight. They have 5 left handed shots on one PP unit and 5 right handed shots on the other. Neither are threatening. It took until around game 50 last season for them to try a right handed shot in Strome on the left side of the ice. He will shuffle lines every single game, but he fails to make adjustments when something isn't working systems wise.

Infuriating coach.. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Reactions: McCupofOil

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
What for? To take his team completely out of it? His rock bottom PK is still a rock bottom PK. His rock bottom PP can't even hold the zone. Let him walk his plank alone.
Not saying he doesn't deserve it. Just that I'd be surprised Chiarelli sends him off by himself before that mark.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well, Katz can't fire himself and the Old Boys Club have a lifetime contract as long as Katz is owner so we'd settle for firing twittle Dee and twittle dumb Chia and McLellan.
I don't think they've helped (especially Chia), but the team has been a mess for a while. I mean, the list of personnel they have syphoned through in high level positions since he took over is quite impressive. Lowe, Tambellini, McTavish and now Chiarelli at GM, and as HC they've had MacTavish, Quinn, Renney, Krueger, Eakins, and McLellan. I didn't include Nelson because he was interim.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
If Edmonton's going to go the "fire the coach" method, it has to happen before game 10.

Then there's at least a shot at making the playoffs.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
In the last 9 years, 4 times picking #1OA and another time at 3, and another at 4.

Compared to Nashville who has had one pick in the top 5 since 1999.

Winnipeg with one top 5 pick since moving from Atlanta in 2011.

They need to fire everyone from the President of hockey ops down to the towel boy and start fresh.

Reactions: 780il and PerdFan

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's either him or Chiarelli the way I see it. I don't like how the Oilers playing their system. For a team of their talented players, they need a more creative freewheeling style. Losing McLellan will be good for them. It worked for a short time 2 years ago. But it seems to have worn out its welcome.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
On one hand I’m glad we won

On the other hand I feel like winning this game is gonna be a cover how how terrible we played before the 3rd.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I laugh cause Oilers fans are so happy about this win.

This just mean Tmac stays longer, Bouchard won’t draw into the lineup anytime soon, and McDavid will have to score 4 points every night for the oilers to have a chance to win.

Not a flawed team in any regard.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Well our record is 2-2 bitches

(Todd still sucks this is all the doings of McJesus. Literally all him)

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I don't think they've helped (especially Chia), but the team has been a mess for a while. I mean, the list of personnel they have syphoned through in high level positions since he took over is quite impressive. Lowe, Tambellini, McTavish and now Chiarelli at GM, and as HC they've had MacTavish, Quinn, Renney, Krueger, Eakins, and McLellan. I didn't include Nelson because he was interim.

The irony is that, Nelson was our best coach too.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Shame McD is so great that it makes the team look better than it is and now the coach job is probably safe for the time being. The easily should have lost today but McD.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Shame McD is so great that it makes the team look better than it is and now the coach job is probably safe for the time being. The easily should have lost today but McD.
not really. other then the 1st period it was mostly edmonton. this isnt a coaching thing its a players effort thing.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I just feel that he might just get fired if the Oilers lose tonight. Their upcoming games look tough too:

Bruins
Preds
Pens
Caps
Preds

Never want to see anyone lose their job but something has to give.
oilers schedule to start the season is painful. plus insane travel

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

This just mean Tmac stays longer, Bouchard won’t draw into the lineup anytime soon, and McDavid will have to score 4 points every night for the oilers to have a chance to win.

yeah we should be crying that we are 2-2 after playing 4 really good teams on the road without a home game yet

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s a good coach, that entire roster outside of McDavid is awful.
What exactly makes him good? Because he won all those games, divisions, presidents trophy and quite a few playoff rounds with a top 5 roster in the league? Because the Oilers made the playoffs when McDavid scored over 100 points in 2016-2017?

I WANNA KNOW WHAT MAKES HIM A GOOD COACH DAMMIT!

Because even if you wanna argue he isn't a bad coach, I don't see much of an argument for good coach.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yes McDavid factored in on all the goals but the TEAM looked a million times better when McLellan switched the lines to what us Oiler fans have been clamouring for since preseason which is Puljujarvi with Draisaitl and Yamamoto with Strome. All the lines looked dangerous the moment the switch was made.

The coach has been holding them back this season. Still a flawed roster but a lot better than the junk we saw in the first 3 games.

Reactions: ujju2

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The third period of tonight's game was the first time this season the Oilers didn't look like they were skating in quicksand, but without McDavid it would have been an ugly loss. Unfortunately the Oilers will be all positive tomorrow and proud of themselves. Hopefully they don't come out and lay an egg on Thursday. They need to show some hunger to win at the start of games.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018

What kind of hockey fan doesn't cheer a win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad