Todd McLellan Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Being an oilers fan is almost the same as being a sometimes drug user. The highs are fun but usually only happen once a year...for a month. It’s painful cheering for a team that is this bad repeatedly year after year.

But such is life when your roster looks like an AHL team. Can’t wait to see Chia try to save his own hide by trading RNH for a Gardiner caliber D man! My guess is Tanev

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
2dHNVgS.gif
This is literally my favorite gif in the history of HF. I LOL every single time I see it.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I don't particularly like Todd but he's not the reason the Oilers suck.

That falls on Katz and his merry bunch of idiots and that includes hiring Gretzky.

Of course Chiarelli is the biggest idiot with the trades he's made.

Reactions: 780il

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I thought his calling out of Draisaitl last year so early was a huge red flag.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He sucks! He's a terrible coach, he does NOTHING to help your team, he may make it significantly worse. He should have stuck to his job mowing Babcock's lawn.

This message is brought to you by the original #Nevertoddmaclellan member and founder.

Reactions: aufheben

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I find it hilarious that their game before Thanksgiving is in San Jose, which is where I'm pretty sure his family still lives. They can dump him there after that.

I'd love to see the Sharks be the team to expunge this loser from the job he took after the Sharks tenure haha.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
I find it hilarious that their game before Thanksgiving is in San Jose, which is where I'm pretty sure his family still lives. They can dump him there after that.

I'd love to see the Sharks be the team to expunge this loser from the job he took after the Sharks tenure haha.

What did Todd do to you?? lmao :laugh:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Coaches always take the fall for the GM’s mistakes. Not sure what firing McLellan will do to accomplish anything. Seems like a smart coach who keeps players accountable. What could a different coach do that would drastically improve this team?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
There should be a "Peter Chiarelli watch" too. Along with a "Roster Watch".

Problems run way deeper than coach

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Coaches always take the fall for the GM’s mistakes. Not sure what firing McLellan will do to accomplish anything. Seems like a smart coach who keeps players accountable. What could a different coach do that would drastically improve this team?
Smart coach that holds his players accountable?

McLellan refuses to use time outs to settle his team down. When his goalies are having obvious bad games he waits until they allow enough goals that the game is out of reach to pull.

He keeps struggling vets in high pressure situations no matter how much they suck (Lucic is the 6th man every time we pull the goalie and guy hasn't done anything offensively for eons). He plays favorites with players far to much and refuses to try the obvious in line combos.

The roster is badly built but I don't think a single GM in the league could get value for any of our players with how McLellan is coaching

Reactions: Smart Alek

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
MacLellan completely lost me after a game where the Sharks were playing on the East Coast. I can't remember if it was MSG or maybe against the Islanders. It was a matinee game and the Sharks had already been out East for 4-5 days. It definitely wasn't their first game on the trip or in the time zone. So it was a 1:00 PM start and they got blitzed and his response was something like ''Well, this a 1:00 PM game and start time, so this is like playing a 10:00 AM game our time'' being the reason they lost. It was dumb.

Then there was another presser after they had like a bad losing streak or the Sharks had lost like 8 or 9 of 10 or 11 games and he looked like he was drunk when he said something ''Well, we're not playing badly''. It sounded like someone who was not in a good state of mind. Even watching it, it looked really hilarious. You had to watch this presser to see the context here and see what I mean. Just really casually he says ''We're not playing badly'' he even had this smile and little smirk on his face when he said it. It looked like the kind of smile you'd have on your face when you know your GM isn't gonna can you and he didn't for at least another couple years after that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad