Today's Meeting: Any News???

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Good news would be if the PA does not walk out WHEN bettman is done going line by line over there proposal...

while highly likely that they are still just going over the counter, that is at this point pure speculation. :dunno:

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Leafer4Life said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall, right about now........ :yo:

Forget a fly, I'd love to be present in the meetings guarding the door and not letting the two morons leave until they've got a set date when training camps will open.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Im sure if you were a fly on the wall you would have fallen asleep and dropped into someones soup by now.

Theres no way listening to someone read through boring proposals line by line is entertaining.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
where in nyc is the league office again? maybe i'll do that. :lol:

and thankfully i'm an accountant, so I wouldn't fall asleep.

vopatsrash

Dec 9, 2004
coyotechrisz said:
yes.. maybe bettman has the hard cap as his last line.. :speechles

:lol

Bettman: "and in conclusion, <cough>....jfnds;lfjhflkajsfhslkjhardsalarycapwith30milliondollarceilingjhflkjhfkldshfkjhljlkfhkhf....<cough>. any questions?"

Hockey_Nut99

I was wondering if anybody is watching the Score here in Canada?...They did a summary of the lockout so far abd the music is so funny in the background it makes me laugh...The media is so good at making this into a huuuge warrrrr....Negotiation wise it is but it's just hilarious how they always portray it.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Kaiped Krusader said:
TSN has changed its headline from "Talks Underway" to "Talks Continue."

I'm waiting here with baited breath.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

I wonder how long their lunch breaks were...

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Hockey_Nut99 said:
I was wondering if anybody is watching the Score here in Canada?...They did a summary of the lockout so far abd the music is so funny in the background it makes me laugh...The media is so good at making this into a huuuge warrrrr....Negotiation wise it is but it's just hilarious how they always portray it.

Yeah, I've been watching.......

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
oil jack said:
I'm listening to the Fan 590 right now, but was wondering if there will be any live streaming when the press conferences begin?

Edit: I'm talking VIDEO here

I'm sure there will be some streaming.. also there was after last meetings

acr*

241 users currently on the Business of Hockey Board here...hopefully the NHL realizes that there ARE fans who want them to solve this problem and get the games started up again

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
X-SHARKIE said:
I still think players well have to accept a cap if they want Guaranteed contracts or vice versa.

I'm crossing my fingers here for some good news to come out of these talks!!!

I NEED THE NHL!!

Exactly!!! :handclap: ...the players are going to have to choose between guaranteed contracts, or a salary cap...

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Hockey_Nut99 said:

has the media dubbed it something like "Operation: Finanicial Freedom" and do they play intense music and show mushroom clouds in the background for the intro? :lol

creative giant*

Goodenow is supposed to talk in an hour... around 6pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad