Player Discussion Tocchet What Is/How He Doing?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
arizona are the only team in the league with travel comparable to vancouver. this isn't new to tocchet

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No just watching another eastern guy wrapping his head around the travel and being tired. He is mentioning playing tired and playoff teams play through it a lot. I think it took him by surprise.

Imagine if the team does make the playoffs and have to play Vegas 7 games in 12 days, play, travel, day off, play, travel, day off repeat. OR LA? They will have more travel in one series than an eastern team like Boston through the whole playoffs
Well in the playoffs the travel distance evens out over a series

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Well in the playoffs the travel distance evens out over a series
Only for the two teams playing against each other.

When Vancouver played Boston they had over ten times the travel miles and all those hours in a plane dehydrate people. People don't rehydrate that quickly especially if exposed often.

That and time zones, Canucks played in three different one, Boston in one until the last series.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Are Beau ,PDG, or Aman missing their defensive assignments..?..Cheating on the back check.?..Lacking effort...Thats what puts you in the press box.

We won against the Kraken..Do you think that Kuz would have been the difference maker against SJS ..Judging by his recent play, he would have been a non factor.

I' m sure he'll be back in the lineup next game.

Typically when you want to send a message to an important top-6 player you bench him for a couple shifts or perhaps a period. A full scratching definitely would have done the job.

If you think any of those 3 players are more important to team success I don't know what to tell you except that it's a completely asinine notion.

Do you think that Kuz would have been the difference maker against SJS ..Judging by his recent play, he would have been a non factor.

Considering we lost by 1 goal and the lack of ability to finish plays (which is a strength of Kuzmenko's outside of his cold streak) cost us the game against an at best average goalie, perhaps. But we'll never know :P

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Typically when you want to send a message to an important top-6 player you bench him for a couple shifts or perhaps a period. A full scratching definitely would have done the job.

If you think any of those 3 players are more important to team success I don't know what to tell you except that it's a completely asinine notion.

Considering we lost by 1 goal and the lack of ability to finish plays (which is a strength of Kuzmenko's outside of his cold streak) cost us the game against an at best average goalie, perhaps. But we'll never know :P
This isn’t the 39 goal scorer from last season..This is the player that has 3 goals at the quarter mark of this season..He’s miles away from being a finisher this season ..You’ll probably have better luck with Rafferty

If you’re not scoring,you better not be a liability which Kuzmenko has been.

Aman,PDG,and Beau don’t play on the top line or PP1..they have different roles on the team than Kuzmenko

Tocchet knows when a guy is dogging it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flik

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Thing with Kuzmenko is you can't just drop him down to the third or fourth line. I think it was equal parts Kuzy not executing the system play, and the coaching staff wanting to see more detailed players on Pettersson's line. It is hard to assess the needs of that line when one player isn't executing, and Petey's line desperately needs a new dimension added to be competitive against the top end teams in the league. They haven't looked very good. Kuzy will be back, and hopefully he comes back with some fire and some more instruction on what he needs to do to fulfill his assignment. He can definitely give more. If he doesn't figure it out and struggles with the coaching, we will probably see a deal at some point to add a top six guy that fits what they are looking for. I could see them pursuing Jason Zucker for a short term fix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad