Player Discussion Tobias Rieder

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Rieder had a strong game tonight. Some better luck and he would have had a goal.
His line was great as well.

Rieders luck this season in terms of goal scoring has been like nothing I have ever seen.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Didnt see a thread for this player but I think he is still worthy of some discussion.
Although I think he was the 4th best RW in camp I still have high hopes for Rieder. My thinking is that he will be better served by starting lower down in the lineup so he can just play his game. He is like a much better version of Aberg to me...great skater...and unlike Aberg he kills penalties and actually has the potential to play in the top 6 IMO.

In the mean time I wanted to share this video of Gene interviewing Toby. Good fun interview...both Gene and Toby seem to be enjoying themselves.
Notice that Gene is the only human that is wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Everybody else is in long pants and a coat...lol

Gotta love Gene. :nod:

It was a pretty nice October Day. I immediately lol when I saw that video, posted it on FB with a comment like "hoser". It was really great having those Edmonton people around enjoying the warm weather. Overall atmosphere was great.

More importantly Tobi Rieder scored in that game!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Trying to think of another Oilers forward who has had a more disappointing season than the one Reider has had this year. I’m coming up empty and I’ve followed this team since the seventies.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Rieder has looked so uncomfortable with the puck this year that I don't know if they can really keep him around, he needs a fresh start somewhere else. He has had multiple empty net attempts this year and fumbled and many times he has received a perfect pass on the wing for a wide open shot, instead he puts on the breaks and passes off which means he is not confident in his scoring abilities. It's pretty sad that Brandon Manning has 2 goals this season and is getting benched in the AHL. Hopefull Rieder can turn it around, if the Oilers somehow miraculously make the playoffs, he might be one of those sleepers that ends up scoring a lot just because the playoff game is different than regular season and adrenaline takes over instead of nerves.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Has anyone else noticed how often he gets nailed into the boards and rubbed off the puck? Seems like every time he enters the zone with possession he gets hit hard. Must be exhausting lol.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Looking forward to him signing in Vancouver next year for league min and proceeding to go all Tyler Arnason on us every time he plays against us. Awful player.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was a pretty nice October Day. I immediately lol when I saw that video, posted it on FB with a comment like "hoser". It was really great having those Edmonton people around enjoying the warm weather. Overall atmosphere was great.

More importantly Tobi Rieder scored in that game!

I have never seen anything like this. I mean you would think that a fluky one would have gone in by now.

He needs to position himself in front of the net every shift.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Rieder had a strong game tonight. Some better luck and he would have had a goal.
His line was great as well.

Rieders luck this season in terms of goal scoring has been like nothing I have ever seen.
This really was the case for a good chunk of the start of the year. He and Strome were both quite snake bitten.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
im going to give him 6 more games to score, before his name gets changed to anton lander

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This really was the case for a good chunk of the start of the year. He and Strome were both quite snake bitten.

Its astounding just how snake bitten Rieder has been this year. I dont see this happening again and I think this is a perfect opportunity for the team to use this to sign Rieder to a value contract next season.
Somewhere around $1M/yr for 2 years would be perfect.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Its astounding just how snake bitten Rieder has been this year. I dont see this happening again and I think this is a perfect opportunity for the team to use this to sign Rieder to a value contract next season.

I could get on board with this too. At that price, I think it's worth a gamble to see if he rebounds - he did pretty decent work with Draisaitl earlier in the year as well.

Reactions: guymez

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
This season reminds me a lot of Riley Sheahan's unreal season a few years ago. He was a 10-15 goal guy who went 79 games without a goal before scoring two in his last game of the year. He went back to being a 11 goal guy the next season.

Reactions: Aerrol

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

He was pretty good earlier this season. He collected quite a few assists. Just seemed like he could never get back on track after his injury.

He is a pretty good skater and pretty good on the PK. Trying to get him signed under 1mil and hoping for a bounceback isnt the worst idea in the world.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Bobby Nicks using misdirection.
Hey everyone...look at Rieder...he is the real reason why we are in this mess.

What kind of a message does this send to the players? That Katz and his cronies can do whatever they want and they will never be held accountable.

This organization is such an obvious dysfunctional mess. The media is complicit in this. They refuse to shine a light on this team and talk about the obvious. That goes a long way in perpetuating things.
Katzs influence is a large part of the problem here.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
whats the tweet? cant see it at work

Mental Gas @mental_gas

· 2h

Replying to @mental_gas
The one thing I’m disappointed in, is Nicholson threw Tobi Rieder under the bus in the breakfast. Calling out a 4th liner for being the reason for the team not making the playoffs is complete horseshit!

Mental Gas @mental_gas

To paraphrase the comment by Nicholson, - had Rieder scored 15/16 goals we would likely be in a playoff position. We will not be signing Tobi Rieder next season.
9:11 AM - Mar 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

28 people are talking about this

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Holy crap I can't believe he said that.

What a piece of shit. Sure rieders been a disappointment, but what about some accountability for the rest of the sad excuse for forwards you signed for longer term and more money.

That's absolutely disgusting, and the most obvious case of deflecting blame I've ever seen.

What a god damn joke.

It's one thing for fans and media to talk like that, but the president of a team talking about a player like that who's even still technically under contract for you is disgusting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00