Prospect Info: Tobias Lindberg (2013, 102nd)

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Just by virtue of his size, I think this guy makes the Leafs. However, I think there is a lot of player there as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed and be able to move up and down the lineup. A really smart pickup by Lou and D.J. Smith et al.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
De la Rose stinks. He's definitely better than him.

But he's a good bit behind the younger Kempe imo.

Is de la Rose that bad? I saw him at the WJC's and he looked pretty good. Decent with St. John's in the Boxing Day game too.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You see to be underestimating Leivo here... he's got a good chance of ending up being better than Lindberg. Not sure how many Marlies games you catch, or if you got the chance to watch him in Sudbury, but Leivo has every single tool you'd want in an top-6 NHL forward. The only thing he seems to lack from time to time is intensity/focus.

Granted, my views of Lindberg are limited, but I have faith in Leivo.

Leivo is like I said, not a great skater and lacks a lot more than focus/ intensity. He simply does not process the game that well....Frattin 2.0 in my opinion.

Last edited:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He didn't look all that good yesterday. It was his first game, but still, didn't seem like there was a lot to like about his game other than his size.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Sens fan here. He is a good prospect and should make it to the NHL in the next year or two. I would say his upside is similar to Benoit Pouliot - that is, a .6ppg player who is big but not physical, very good possession player, good hands, etc.

thanks. i can see his skating stride doesn't seem to his strong point, if he makes the nhl then that's a win for us. we need our bottom 6 filled out. although i think engvall may be n-s faster than him.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Leivo is like I said, not a great skater and lacks a lot more than focus/ intensity. He simply does not process the game that well....Frattin 2.0 in my opinion.

Frattin wish he had Leivo's hockey iq. Poor comparison.

His skating, I agree, is one of his weak points. As it was on draft day. But his puck management, ability to fend off forecheckers, aswell as his shot, should take him further than Frattin. If that means it's a 3rd line role, that's fine.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015

His skating, I agree, is one of his weak points. As it was on draft day. But his puck management, ability to fend off forecheckers, aswell as his shot, should take him further than Frattin. If that means it's a 3rd line role, that's fine.

funny, I think Frattin's game fell apart when he lost a step in his skating due to injury. It exposed the lack of game he had. But I still remember when he started off in the NHL with the leafs and had something like 10 goals in 15 or 20 games, thought we had a gem. :amazed:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

They are similar in my eyes......both do not process the game very well. Frattin had a great shot as well....still did not translate in todays NHL.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
They are similar in my eyes......both do not process the game very well. Frattin had a great shot as well....still did not translate in todays NHL.

completely different players.

Leivo is all head and hands, which were Frattin's biggest weaknesses.

bigcotch

Feb 14, 2016
from the trade thread I saw some saw 4th liner to other saying should be a good middle 6 guy.

sounds like he'll be NHL material but where he lands we'll see... 4th rounder from 2 years ago... seems to be jumping up but how high we'll see.

Big sweed on the LW.

Next JVR when we deal him for a king's ransom. 1 Top 4 RHD Prospect and high draft pick please.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Bump.
His first game with the leafs and he had the most toi of all forwards. Yes, it's only his first game but the fact babs played him that much seems telling. Also, he looked very steady out there, a more skilled Hyman?
Good first showing kid, keep it up.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Bump.
His first game with the leafs and he had the most toi of all forwards. Yes, it's only his first game but the fact babs played him that much seems telling. Also, he looked very steady out there, a more skilled Hyman?
Good first showing kid, keep it up.

Looked good, I thought his line looked the best out there tonight. Babcock liked both his & Kapanen's performance.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
He was faster and better with the puck then I thought he would be. He looked like an NHL player out there. But there is really not good to judge a players performance either way after one game in the NHL.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Babcock played him a lot and he did really well.

I absolutely love how Babcock handles the kids when they come up.

Gives them lots of ice time to get rid of that energy and adrenaline early on then as games go on starts to focus on positioning and detail while giving them different situations to test themselves in.

How many times over the years did we call up a kid only to stick him at the end of the bench and not put them in any position to succeed? Give them 8 minutes on the 4th line or bottom D pair and wonder why they didn't show anything.

These last few weeks have been better then the last 3 years.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

Gives them lots of ice time to get rid of that energy and adrenaline early on then as games go on starts to focus on positioning and detail while giving them different situations to test themselves in.

How many times over the years did we call up a kid only to stick him at the end of the bench and not put them in any position to succeed? Give them 8 minutes on the 4th line or bottom D pair and wonder why they didn't show anything.

Well stated and nice observation on what Babcock does for the kids coming up!

Refreshing indeed...

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

Amen to that. And I agree with the rest as well.

So glad we have Babcock here to guide and coach these young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad