Prospect Info: Tobias Lindberg (2013, 102nd)

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014

Looks like we have a new top line. :D

Also of note, Lindberg is 6'3" 215 Lbs. Adds some much-needed size to our Marlies top line.

Awesome, I was hoping that would be the line they'd go with. Lindberg should be a nice addition to that line, adding size and solid defensive play. Nylander and Kap should help him get his point totals up as well.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Sens fan here. He is a good prospect and should make it to the NHL in the next year or two. I would say his upside is similar to Benoit Pouliot - that is, a .6ppg player who is big but not physical, very good possession player, good hands, etc.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Comparing him to Lievo is a joke....he skates better, is better defensively and thinks the game at the NHL level.

Watched him a few times and Dave Cameron really liked his game and his camp this year. Hunter and Smith both wanted him and for good reason. A late developing forward with size and skill.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, he seems like such a smooth skater and very agile. Definitely something to look for when dealing with bigger prospects.

Let's see how he does with Nylander. He did very well offensively on a horrible Binghamton team, so now he should be able to take another step in Toronto.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Comparing him to Lievo is a joke....he skates better, is better defensively and thinks the game at the NHL level.

Watched him a few times and Dave Cameron really liked his game and his camp this year. Hunter and Smith both wanted him and for good reason. A late developing forward with size and skill.

You see to be underestimating Leivo here... he's got a good chance of ending up being better than Lindberg. Not sure how many Marlies games you catch, or if you got the chance to watch him in Sudbury, but Leivo has every single tool you'd want in an top-6 NHL forward. The only thing he seems to lack from time to time is intensity/focus.

Granted, my views of Lindberg are limited, but I have faith in Leivo.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
You see to be underestimating Leivo here... he's got a good chance of ending up being better than Lindberg. Not sure how many Marlies games you catch, or if you got the chance to watch him in Sudbury, but Leivo has every single tool you'd want in an top-6 NHL forward. The only thing he seems to lack from time to time is intensity/focus.

Granted, my views of Lindberg are limited, but I have faith in Leivo.

While in general I agree with you Josh is looking like a top 9 and lindberg is a better skater. As to who is better will be decided on the ice. Lindberg is only 20 so imho he has a good chance of becoming a better skating Leivo at the least.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Seems like a solid prospect, not a future star or anything, but a possible Stalberg/Pouliot type. If he can develop into that sort of player, he'd be a welcome addition to the team.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Yeah, he seems like such a smooth skater and very agile. Definitely something to look for when dealing with bigger prospects.

Let's see how he does with Nylander. He did very well offensively on a horrible Binghamton team, so now he should be able to take another step in Toronto.

I think he already played a little with Nylander, in the past.. He's from Sweden.. :)
He also played last season, with Desrocher...

I watched Tobias a lot last season, with the 2015 Memorial Cup & OHL Cup Winners.., the Oshawa Generals.. A good two-way player, that still has a lot more to offer than some might see, if they just look at stats... Works hard along the boards and in the corners.. and has a big frame to accomplish this.. Just made a new montage for him.. Check it out..

Tobias Lindberg
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jul 22 1995 -- Stockholm, Sweden
20 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 217

RECENT STATS: (*Up to Feb. 11th 2016)

2014-15 Oshawa Generals - OHL
67 Games... 32 Goals... 46 Assists... 78 Points... +33 *PPG+
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 OHL PLAYOFFS
21 Games... 7 Goals... 12 Assists... 19 Points... -1
2015 MEMORIAL CUP TOURNAMENT
4 Games... 3 Goals... 2 Assists... 5 Points... +5 "PPG+
2015-16 Binghamton Senators - AHL
34 Games... 5 Goals... 17 Assists... 22 Points... +10

Lovin' Lindberg: Tobias Lindberg 2014-2016 Highlights - TML

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Does this guy have some Daniel Winnik to his game? If so he could be the perfect fit for Willie and Kap on their line - a guy to help them out with the dirty work, and hopefully clean up some garbage too.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Does this guy have some Daniel Winnik to his game? If so he could be the perfect fit for Willie and Kap on their line - a guy to help them out with the dirty work, and hopefully clean up some garbage too.

Some.., yes... Think more of a tougher & more solid body Kapanen..
I wanted him here, last season...

One of Ottawa's Top Prospects.. and one of the reasons why the Generals went so far in playoffs.... :)

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think he already played a little with Nylander, in the past.. He's from Sweden.. :)
He also played last season, with Desrocher...

I watched Tobias a lot last season, with the 2015 Memorial Cup & OHL Cup Winners.., the Oshawa Generals.. A good two-way player, that still has a lot more to offer than some might see, if they just look at stats... Works hard along the boards and in the corners.. and has a big frame to accomplish this.. Just made a new montage for him.. Check it out..

Tobias Lindberg
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jul 22 1995 -- Stockholm, Sweden
20 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 217

RECENT STATS: (*Up to Feb. 11th 2016)

2014-15 Oshawa Generals - OHL
67 Games... 32 Goals... 46 Assists... 78 Points... +33 *PPG+
2015 OHL PLAYOFFS
21 Games... 7 Goals... 12 Assists... 19 Points... -1
2015 MEMORIAL CUP TOURNAMENT
4 Games... 3 Goals... 2 Assists... 5 Points... +5 "PPG+
2015-16 Binghamton Senators - AHL
34 Games... 5 Goals... 17 Assists... 22 Points... +10

Lovin' Lindberg: Tobias Lindberg 2014-2016 Highlights - TML

Nice video by the way, I am really excited about this kid (seem like a real prospect)

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Some.., yes... Think more of a tougher & more solid body Kapanen..
I wanted him here, last season...

One of Ottawa's Top Prospects.. and one of the reasons why the Generals went so far in playoffs.... :)

- Soft hands
- Quick release
- good hard accurate shot

All the ingredients to be a top 6 forward - nice addition

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Nice video by the way, I am really excited about this kid (seem like a real prospect)

Thanks, MJ.... Actually.., I would rate him a step above the average prospect.. He could easily be Leaf-ready, by next season.. :)
- Soft hands
- Quick release
- good hard accurate shot

All the ingredients to be a top 6 forward - nice addition

I think it was almost miraculous, that we didn't have to eat any of Phaneuf's salary and also got a real good, younger player back in return..

He's also not afraid to do the grunt work and play a strong defensive game, which adds a lot.. His wrister, slap, backhand and deeks are all equally developed, imo..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad