OT: To Trotz or not to Trotz

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
V8XDYrB.jpeg

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Trotz has expressed interest in a larger front office role, either in combination with head coaching duties or in totality.

So, no.

Besides, he's a bad fit for this team.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I really just don't want to watch Trotz hockey either. Even if he rights the ship and they eek into the playoffs, I'd rather not watch the kinda "muck up the neutral zone, bend but don't break, rely on your goalie and counter attack" style.

Like SomeDude said; Give me 6-5 losses for the rest of the season than low scoring, boring affairs. I mean, what we're getting now is pretty f***ing boring, but it can still get worse. :laugh: That's what you'd get with Trotz or Julien, imo.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
We will hire that Russian guy that had Malkin play PK before he came to the Pens as our coach and Malkin will be a main PKer for us. Forget his name.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Who is on the desirable list?
Short of going full evil empire and somehow getting Rod Brind'amour, Jon Cooper or Jared Bednar, I don't think it's a sitting head coach or recently fired head coach.

I'd look at tenured, experienced assistant NHL coaches who have had success. Jeff Halpern in Tampa. Joe Sacco in Boston. Nolan Pratt in Colorado. Jeff Daniels in Carolina. Guys with some pedigree and success.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Not much to choose from. We had our chance in the summer.
Which is a big reason I think Sully survives the season regardless of the outcome. Between a pretty barren field of coaching options and the team owing Sullivan like 5 years of salary, I highly, *highly* doubt he's fired any time soon.

Hextall on the other hand. There were reports from May back when the Pens botched the Rangers series that FSG basically called him in and asked him to explain himself and the direction of the team. Dude barely made it to the off-season as GM. He's as good as gone if this team's still floundering around by Christmas/NYE.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yes I want the team to Trotz away from Sullivans contract.

But he would only come here if he's gonna also have a chance to be the GM.
So give him Hex’s job??? Hextall is a f***ing clown. Why is he still here???

Reactions: Zbynek

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Which is a big reason I think Sully survives the season regardless of the outcome. Between a pretty barren field of coaching options and the team owing Sullivan like 5 years of salary, I highly, *highly* doubt he's fired any time soon.

Hextall on the other hand. There were reports from May back when the Pens botched the Rangers series that FSG basically called him in and asked him to explain himself and the direction of the team. Dude barely made it to the off-season as GM. He's as good as gone if this team's still floundering around by Christmas/NYE.
Still sometimes wonder how we would look with MacFarland here as GM. It was between Hex and MacFarland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad