Post-Game Talk: To catch a predator 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Holtby's ass needs to be glued to the bench after that one. Samsonov needs to get a real shot as the number one guy, he's more than earned it. It's beyond ridiculous to keep giving Holtby an equal amount of starts at this point, especially with his contract situation,

Reactions: Pomee

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Well after the last game against Montreal, I understand the decision to see if Holtby could play well back to back. After this game though, now you have to make a decision..

Exactly. And if they don't it's going to be a real head scratcher. Same goes with the powerplay.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Another loss on Holtby’s shoulders. I hope he turns it around, but at this point he can’t even be counted on to be a league average goaltender. It’s incredible they are leading the league in points with one of the 3 worst starters in the NHL this year. It’s been a month and a half of this. Time for Sammy to get the majority of the starts

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can't win them all.

I am NOT in the blame game, I know nothing about the goaltending position, I simply wouldn't have started Holtby based on his numbers in his career against the Preds. Sometimes a team just has your number. Sort of like Holtby against the Bruins.

saved us from having to pay him anything at all.

He was never coming back next season. I also think he will still get paid from someone.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
I have significant concerns about this team and while goaltending is one of them, its by far not the most concerning. There doesnt seem to be a lot of structure or coaching.. they can't fix the PP.. and doesnt look like they are being real innovative in their efforts to do so.. sustainable offense from the bottom 6 is abysmal.. overall, the effort hasnt been consistent since November. Dont let the points/standings fool you.. I dont see this team winning a 7 game series in the east as currently constructed/coached.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I have significant concerns about this team and while goaltending is one of them, its by far not the most concerning. There doesnt seem to be a lot of structure or coaching.. they can't fix the PP.. and doesnt look like they are being real innovative in their efforts to do so.. sustainable offense from the bottom 6 is abysmal.. overall, the effort hasnt been consistent since November. Dont let the points/standings fool you.. I dont see this team winning a 7 game series in the east as currently constructed/coached.
The bottom 6 has been fantastic recently. Power play and Holtby are what’s been terrible. At times the defense looks suspect but it’s no surprise they look a lot better with Samsonov in net. Things look a lot worse when your goalie can’t stop a beach ball.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I don’t know if I agree on all of this BUT I will say their defensive game has been trash. They give up a ton of high quality chances.

Reactions: McVechkin

illpucks

May 26, 2011
What happened to Ovi at the end? Nice move to get around defenders and then ???

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Can't win them all.

I am NOT in the blame game, I know nothing about the goaltending position, I simply wouldn't have started Holtby based on his numbers in his career against the Preds. Sometimes a team just has your number. Sort of like Holtby against the Bruins.

He was never coming back next season. I also think he will still get paid from someone.
You don’t have to be in the blame game to realize Holtby is off his angles and is playing deep in the net.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Holtby's ass needs to be glued to the bench after that one. Samsonov needs to get a real shot as the number one guy, he's more than earned it. It's beyond ridiculous to keep giving Holtby an equal amount of starts at this point, especially with his contract situation,

Sammy is young.....he just said in an interview he was exhausted....Holtby probably has to carry at least near a split load down the stretch IMO.....

And as someone else pointed out, with his starts challenging, keeps the team from coasting that’s for sure..../cry

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Not going to argue that. The play behind our blue line is pretty sloppy most of the time. Maybe the loss of Niskanen and Orpik...I have my doubts about Cashman as a defensive coach.

Forsythe is a huge problem. It seems we do very poorly in games we have a lot of PPs. It’s a momentum killer and deflator. He made his name on OV’s office one-timer, has nothing else to offer. He will be our Achilles heel come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad