Post-Game Talk: To catch a predator 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Just watched the game, and yes we got gifted a goal too, but that giveaway was a killer. Up 3-4 in the third and on the pp. after that goal the game turned into a neutral zone mess and you just knew what would end up happening. Carlson was all alone coming back, make the smart play and we most likely win. The pp had zone time it wasn’t like they weren’t generating anything. The goalie needs to win games or just not lose them for you.

Reactions: Calicaps

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Just watched the game, and yes we got gifted a goal too, but that giveaway was a killer. Up 3-4 in the third and on the pp. after that goal the game turned into a neutral zone mess and you just knew what would end up happening. Carlson was all alone coming back, make the smart play and we most likely win. The pp had zone time it wasn’t like they weren’t generating anything. The goalie needs to win games or just not lose them for you.
When your PP stinks to high heaven, you force things trying to get an advantage.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I interned for the Kings from 1988 to 1990 and met Lemiuex three times, biggest prick I ever met. Rude to adults, kids, staff, just a tool.

I expected nothing less from him. Always, and still does, think he is bigger than the game.
Did you ever meet Kareem Abdul Jabbar? I heard he was the same.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I admit that being a celebrity and coming across as a nice/good person is a good bit harder than it appears, but when you are around someone with some regularity or in a non public situation you can tell who is who. Some people are just pros at being good to people they don't know. Garth Brooks, Richard Petty, Brooks Robinson. Some are conditional on that behavior. Paul Newman, Steve Perry, Howard Stern, Nicholas Sparks for me. Some are just jerks and entitled. I wont name names there.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Best pro athlete interactions I ever had was Brooks Orpik and Priest Holmes

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Best pro athlete interactions I ever had was Brooks Orpik and Priest Holmes

For me it will always be Gretzky. Just the most amazing man, so nice, took time to learn everyone's names, from an intern to the parking lot attendant.

I was carrying a bunch of stuff once and dropped a bunch of it and he comes running over to help me pick up all the papers I dropped, I was so embarrassed and he made me laugh. Greatest player ever and he's helping me pick up game sheets.

He could tell I was a fan of his and had no problem signing a few things for me and giving me a stick on my last day there.

Second closest would be Jay Beagle and Nick Backstrom, they just get how important the fans are.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
For me it will always be Gretzky. Just the most amazing man, so nice, took time to learn everyone's names, from an intern to the parking lot attendant.

I was carrying a bunch of stuff once and dropped a bunch of it and he comes running over to help me pick up all the papers I dropped, I was so embarrassed and he made me laugh. Greatest player ever and he's helping me pick up game sheets.

He could tell I was a fan of his and had no problem signing a few things for me and giving me a stick on my last day there.

Second closest would be Jay Beagle and Nick Backstrom, they just get how important the fans are.
How about Brooks Laich! He did change a tire for damsel in distress!:DD

Reactions: Sam Spade

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
That play by Holtby is how you get benched. Goalies passing the puck up ice is not in the Caps power play game plan. Its not what they do. Reirden said this post game. I'd say that Holtby be is in the doghouse now.

Probably should be, but you've probably seen Holtby make that pass before. I know I have.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

How do you get to meet all these people? That’s cool as hell. What other caps players have you met?

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
Yes, so we must keep him on the payroll forever even though he's been a bottom tier goalie for quite a while now.. :rolleyes:

Matt Murray was a 2 time cup winner... now backup.

Sorry your feelings are hurt.. but doesn't change the fact that he's a terrible goalie.

Is there a single person saying we need to sign him to a high-dollar, long term deal? I genuinely don’t think there is.

The Samsonov era is underway and Reirden is wisely not overworking the rookie. Do you really need to repeat yourself over and over every time Holtby has a bad game? Where were you and all the whiners the game before last?

We get it. He’s playing bad. That doesn’t mean he’s a “terrible” goalie. Some of us just have the incredible ability to remember what happened 18 months ago.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How do you get to meet all these people? That’s cool as hell. What other caps players have you met?

The internship I mentioned. I met or saw every player from that era pretty much. I worked in the bottom of the Great Western Forum where the locker rooms were.

Met a ton of Caps players basically from picking good days to head to Kettler.

This is one of my favorite posts here cause it has a lot of my player interactions:

Your caps collection, now with more Lord Stanley

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Reirden is wisely not overworking the rookie.

Not overworking him. Ok. Not exposing him at all to the required load at the same time. Not putting him out against the best teams in the league. His starts remain very managed. Not a lot of hot/playoff teams on his dance card so far.
Lets see if he gets to play against Pittsburgh on national tv and see how that goes.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Not overworking him. Ok. Not exposing him at all to the required load at the same time. Not putting him out against the best teams in the league. His starts remain very managed. Not a lot of hot/playoff teams on his dance card so far.
Lets see if he gets to play against Pittsburgh on national tv and see how that goes.

I would like Samsonov to get the start against the Pens, for this reason alone: he's never played them before and he's having a fantastic season, so let's see what he can do.

Holtby: we know he's been amazing in the past, but he's awful right now. There is nothing that gives me any confidence in him going out there and being amazing against the Pens. It is literally a coin toss.

So it might as well be a coin toss with Samsonov out there instead.....the big difference being the team probably starts the game with a much better mindset and belief that they can win with Samsonov in goal. I don't think anybody here
can say that if Holtby starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->