Ticket/Attendance Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Mandel

Mar 11, 2021
I know seat licenses are common in the NFL, but is it the same with the NHL? For example, if you want to buy a season ticket in a non-premium section for, say, the Minnesota Wild or Columbus Blue Jackets, you need to pony up for a PSL?

yes every ticket in Bell MTS is pretty much under a season ticket. They had to pay a license fee. you get it back if you wanna leave after the term

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Vaccinations cure a lot of the problem, but you are correct to be cautious.

COVID is a disease that hammers endothelial cells, which do a multiplicity of tasks, including lining the microvasculature, release of key cytokines and paracrine signaling molecules and providing capillary conduits in multiple organs. Lungs, heart, kidney, muscle, etc etc. Some folks have heightened sensitivity to COVID infections for not-yet-well-defined reasons. Some barely become ill. Reinfections are rare, but can happen. Like any virus, mutations to their proteins are the modus du jour.

Sorry for slightly derailing this discussion, but gatherings at the tail end of this pandemic are salient to attending a Jets game.

It will be interesting to see what our world looks like come October. Lots of questions to be answered still like how many people choose to get vaccinated? “If” the death rates are materially impacted by the fall how does society and government adjust?

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
yes every ticket in Bell MTS is pretty much under a season ticket. They had to pay a license fee. you get it back if you wanna leave after the term
There are just over 2000 seats that are left for walk up which is mandated by the league.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020

OK, so you mean the refundable deposit that we all pay in Winnipeg as STHs. But is this common in other NHL cities? For instance, if you want to buy a regular, non-premium seating ST in a place like St. Paul or Nashville do you have to enter into a multi-year commitment the way we do here?

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
So on March 16 the Jets sent this out.

Your 2021-22 Regular Season invoice, typically sent in mid-March, will be delayed until mid-April.

On March 29 they sent this out.

We would like to learn more about what you value when choosing to purchase Winnipeg Jets season seats and ticket packages. The survey shouldn’t take longer than 12-13 minutes of your time.

My calendar reads April 27.

Did I miss my invoice in my email or is TNSE re-thinking asking for money in the 3rd wave of a pandemic with no clear site of what the 2021/2022 season will look like.

After much thought and discussions my group is going to take on a new partner and renew after the next season barring any crazy price increases.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
So on March 16 the Jets sent this out.

Your 2021-22 Regular Season invoice, typically sent in mid-March, will be delayed until mid-April.

On March 29 they sent this out.

We would like to learn more about what you value when choosing to purchase Winnipeg Jets season seats and ticket packages. The survey shouldn’t take longer than 12-13 minutes of your time.

My calendar reads April 27.

Did I miss my invoice in my email or is TNSE re-thinking asking for money in the 3rd wave of a pandemic with no clear site of what the 2021/2022 season will look like.

After much thought and discussions my group is going to take on a new partner and renew after the next season barring any crazy price increases.
I've seen nothing from TNSE of late. I did see (and do) the survey.

Reactions: blues10

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
What do you know, I got my update today. From the Jets.

In preparation for the start of the 2021-22 season, be aware that the seating map for Winnipeg Jets games has been revised. We are pleased to introduce expanded seating and pricing options, from 8 to 27 levels, for Winnipeg Jets games. The new structure allows for an increased variety of options based on more detailed segmentation of seat locations. We encourage you to review our new seating map by clicking on the link below.
Additionally, we are introducing variable pricing of individual games in your Season Seat package, differentiating the per ticket cost of pre-season and regular season games. The price of your invoice will not change; however, prices for the pre-season games will now be up to 30% lower than the regular season games.

Seats

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
What do you know, I got my update today. From the Jets.

In preparation for the start of the 2021-22 season, be aware that the seating map for Winnipeg Jets games has been revised. We are pleased to introduce expanded seating and pricing options, from 8 to 27 levels, for Winnipeg Jets games. The new structure allows for an increased variety of options based on more detailed segmentation of seat locations. We encourage you to review our new seating map by clicking on the link below.
Additionally, we are introducing variable pricing of individual games in your Season Seat package, differentiating the per ticket cost of pre-season and regular season games. The price of your invoice will not change; however, prices for the pre-season games will now be up to 30% lower than the regular season games.

Seats

That change in pricing for pre-season versus regular season is real helpful for those of us managing groups :rolleyes: I can hardly wait for the arguments about 'I should pay less cuz I got stuck with a preseason game'. All they did was shuffle deck chairs, package pricing remains the same.

Reactions: thegr8one66

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
That change in pricing for pre-season versus regular season is real helpful for those of us managing groups :rolleyes: I can hardly wait for the arguments about 'I should pay less cuz I got stuck with a preseason game'. All they did was shuffle deck chairs, package pricing remains the same.
Last year my rep told me they were not going to charge us for the pre season going forward. Guess that is not happening.. much like me renewing.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Last year my rep told me they were not going to charge us for the pre season going forward. Guess that is not happening.. much like me renewing.

I understand that TNSE is trying to react to the general comments and lack of desire for pre-season games. So that they are trying is ... something, at least?

From my perspective as a STH whatever they do is going to be pretty much meaningless simply because they aren't going to go back in price on what the product costs. In the latest email they note that the "face value" (not specific terminology but you get the meaning) of the pre-season games has gone down and on face it is considerably less expensive than a regular season game (regardless of whether it is a C, B, A, A+ category). I think they think and believe that means there's some sort of "savings" for STHs. But there isn't.

The overall price for the STH for a full (and presumably half) game schedule is exactly what it was before they "changed" the ticket pricing structure. I'm in a group and have to manage it as such with an occasional whine from someone about the value of the games they get but even if I was a sole ticket holder the outcome of the "change" would be the exact same at the end of the day - exactly nothing. Oh sure, were I to sell a pre-season game for $25/seat I might be able to delude myself that I took less of a loss compared to previous seasons when pre-season games were just C category games and I took a theoretically bigger loss. But that's nothing but lipstick on a pig. I'm still paying the exact same amount for my STH, so do people really not understand this?

Hey, I'm not a marketing guy. I'm quite the opposite. I worship at the cult of the house hippo. Every single add or piece of marketing contains blatant lies (spend more to save more - really?). Of course they (and I mean marketing types in general, not casting shade at TNSE specifically here) don't believe they're lying, they're just euphemizing or whatever they want to refer to it as. Very government-y thought processes going on there. So when the change doesn't really change anything does it matter?

To answer my question at the end of the third paragraph, I believe the answer is yes, a significant chunk of people don't really get that the change is meaningless. I think so many of us have been conditioned to accept that some action is better than none, even if it amounts to one big fat nothingburger is just a sign of the times. So kudos to TNSE for giving the appearance of change.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
I understand that TNSE is trying to react to the general comments and lack of desire for pre-season games. So that they are trying is ... something, at least?

From my perspective as a STH whatever they do is going to be pretty much meaningless simply because they aren't going to go back in price on what the product costs. In the latest email they note that the "face value" (not specific terminology but you get the meaning) of the pre-season games has gone down and on face it is considerably less expensive than a regular season game (regardless of whether it is a C, B, A, A+ category). I think they think and believe that means there's some sort of "savings" for STHs. But there isn't.

The overall price for the STH for a full (and presumably half) game schedule is exactly what it was before they "changed" the ticket pricing structure. I'm in a group and have to manage it as such with an occasional whine from someone about the value of the games they get but even if I was a sole ticket holder the outcome of the "change" would be the exact same at the end of the day - exactly nothing. Oh sure, were I to sell a pre-season game for $25/seat I might be able to delude myself that I took less of a loss compared to previous seasons when pre-season games were just C category games and I took a theoretically bigger loss. But that's nothing but lipstick on a pig. I'm still paying the exact same amount for my STH, so do people really not understand this?

Hey, I'm not a marketing guy. I'm quite the opposite. I worship at the cult of the house hippo. Every single add or piece of marketing contains blatant lies (spend more to save more - really?). Of course they (and I mean marketing types in general, not casting shade at TNSE specifically here) don't believe they're lying, they're just euphemizing or whatever they want to refer to it as. Very government-y thought processes going on there. So when the change doesn't really change anything does it matter?

To answer my question at the end of the third paragraph, I believe the answer is yes, a significant chunk of people don't really get that the change is meaningless. I think so many of us have been conditioned to accept that some action is better than none, even if it amounts to one big fat nothingburger is just a sign of the times. So kudos to TNSE for giving the appearance of change.
Spot on! TNSE clearly is misunderstanding the market and such a "ploy" is disrespectful to long term STH. The value of having ST is greatly diminished as TNSE pours money into its community ventures. As a STH I want to pay for the on ice product and gameday experience. I don't want a cent of my ST $ going to TNSE community goodwill ventures. It is highly unlikely at this stage that next season starts with many or possibly any fans in the stands. TNSE needs a renewed look at their business marketing model as it seems to completely disregard their consumer base.

Reactions: thegr8one66

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
By keeping overall costs the same and lowering the sticker price of pre season games this will actually make it worse for some STH. Rather than selling these games that I have no interest in attending for pennies on the dollar I donated them to the TNSE charity. I assume I will now be making a lower tax deductable donation but actually still paying the same for the pre-season games.

This pig needs way to much lipstick to not see through it.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just me...

I'm paying what the Jets are asking me to pay, so in the overall scheme, having the 4 pre-season games being at a lower price than before isn't moving the needle at all.

I would just rather have no pre-season games at all. Play all the pre-season games in Brandon or Selkirk or Grand Forks or wherever, just some place I don't have to deal with them. I don't have to try and sell them, I don't have to share them with someone who has no need for them either, I don't have to go to the game because I couldn't dump them.... I just don't want them to exist.

And if the regular season price goes up a few bucks, it is what it is, I can sell / share that.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just me...

I'm paying what the Jets are asking me to pay, so in the overall scheme, having the 4 pre-season games being at a lower price than before isn't moving the needle at all.

I would just rather have no pre-season games at all. Play all the pre-season games in Brandon or Selkirk or Grand Forks or wherever, just some place I don't have to deal with them. I don't have to try and sell them, I don't have to share them with someone who has no need for them either, I don't have to go to the game because I couldn't dump them.... I just don't want them to exist.

And if the regular season price goes up a few bucks, it is what it is, I can sell / share that.

The True North business model, graphically explained. :laugh:

shaking_figure_for_money_anim_md_wm.gif

Reactions: jetswin and cbcwpg

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I guess you've attended your final jets game then, because that is never going away.

While you're not wrong about it never going away one can still use the "will call" to get tickets on site an hour prior to the game. It's hit and miss according to the retired guys in my group that don't have cell phones any longer. Sometimes good, sometimes not. But Hollywood3 can still get in if he really wants to.

Simplest solution is offer printed tickets to groups that want it and make them pay for it. Too easy though, doesn't fit TNSE's philosophy. Canucks do it, costs about $100 for full printed set of 45 games. My brother in law opts in for this with his law firm. Way easier to give away tickets for everyone (notably their wealthier, older clientele). As I've mentioned previously I know a number of restaurants that have given up their tickets because it's too full of hassles to give away tickets (people giving incorrect/incomplete email addresses and then getting mad at the restaurant for not receiving tickets). Didn't hurt TNSE of course, someone else picked up those P1/P2 quick enough.

I did suggest the pay for printed option in the survey. I do not expect them to listen.

For the record, I use my phone for entry.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
While you're not wrong about it never going away one can still use the "will call" to get tickets on site an hour prior to the game. It's hit and miss according to the retired guys in my group that don't have cell phones any longer. Sometimes good, sometimes not. But Hollywood3 can still get in if he really wants to.

Simplest solution is offer printed tickets to groups that want it and make them pay for it. Too easy though, doesn't fit TNSE's philosophy. Canucks do it, costs about $100 for full printed set of 45 games. My brother in law opts in for this with his law firm. Way easier to give away tickets for everyone (notably their wealthier, older clientele). As I've mentioned previously I know a number of restaurants that have given up their tickets because it's too full of hassles to give away tickets (people giving incorrect/incomplete email addresses and then getting mad at the restaurant for not receiving tickets). Didn't hurt TNSE of course, someone else picked up those P1/P2 quick enough.

I did suggest the pay for printed option in the survey. I do not expect them to listen.

For the record, I use my phone for entry.
I had enough hassles transferring tickets. Their system used to be easy going back to Moose days. Then last season they changed everything and by early season I'd had enough. I contacted the Jets and they had nothing but BS cliches about convenience and security, as if they were doing me a favour.

Edit: I brought this up a long time ago, but their "service fees" are atrocious. Also, there is no way to purchase tickets without paying the "service fee". IMO this is false advertising and violates provincial consumer laws.

Last edited:

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I am a Wait List member and they sent out a general email basically saying to think about where I'd like to sit next year and they'll be following up with options in a couple weeks.

Reactions: Saitama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad