TNSE purchases old Jets logos, discontinues production indefinitely

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
So last week they get control of all the logos, this week they send out a pile of cease and decist orders.

...which when combined with bringing in the WPS to deal with scalping would suggest that their simply trying to reel things in a bit. Sending messages. I guess the cities really going crazy now that the teams actually hit the ice, the Honeymoon far from over. Imagine when they start winning, put together some streaks, make a run in the playoffs'?... Yikes.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005

MHX

Hockey Makes Us...
Nov 2, 2006
I get the whole 'new logo' vs. 'old logo' debate but let me ask this: Had the Jets not moved to Phoenix, does anyone realistically think they'd still be using the old logo today?

Me thinks it would have been changed by now especailly since a lot of teams have updated their logos in recent years including the Coyotes.

Good on TNSE for purchasing the rights though. Smart!

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
...which when combined with bringing in the WPS to deal with scalping would suggest that their simply trying to reel things in a bit. Sending messages. I guess the cities really going crazy now that the teams actually hit the ice, the Honeymoon far from over. Imagine when they start winning, put together some streaks, make a run in the playoffs'?... Yikes.

Ya, it was getting bad as the season got close. You saw lots of places with the old jets logo on their business, companies (non-sponsor) adverising draws for "Jets" tickets (I've heard one in the last week that now has a draw for "professional hockey" tickets not "Jets").

Set the tone early that if you're not a sponsor you can't ride on our goodwill. I also expect the scalping thing to calm down too, the bad eggs will have the ST's revoked and the prices will come down to a more reasonable level soon (really if a STH sells for face value there's enough "considerstion" there to make most happy (25% to 55% markup)).

fatloui

Apr 1, 2008
Western NY
So lemme get this straight....

There will be no more merchandise or jerseys etc. made with the old classic Jets logo?

Currently there will be no more made with the old logo. It makes sense that they would wait to make bank on fans buying the new jerseys, then re-release the old ones as third and/or heritage classic jerseys.

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004

I don't know if I'll still be alive in 25 yrs

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004
Winnipeg is one of only 4 teams Worldwide (pro & major junior, minor leagues etc) to feature as their central logo a piece of hardware whose sole purpose is to kill people. The Abbotsford Pilots of the BCJHL also features a CF-18, however, theres an over-lay of a puck. The other 2 North American teams sporting weapons are the Huntsville Flight of the NBA & the Houston Colt .45's; while elsewhere, the Mozambique FC sports crossed AK47's on their crest; FC Arsenal an antiquated Cannon as is the case with the NHL's Blue Jackets shoulder patches'.

Windsor Spitfires?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So lemme get this straight....

There will be no more merchandise or jerseys etc. made with the old classic Jets logo?

:nod:Correct, once the stock in the system is gone it's into the Disney Vault (Good thing Mick E. Moose got out before they closed the door) for a few years.

Well that just blows. :(

Funny thing is, I had said during the Jets first game the other night that those new Jets jerseys would look way nicer with the old logo on them.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Windsor Spitfires?

Oh sure, along with the Brampton Battalion etc. Plenty of examples. However the folks that had/have an issue with the CF-18 instead of the passenger jet is that its' still in-use, a "weapon of mass destruction", militarizes sport, glorifies war & killing machines, just on & on ad nauseum. Personally I think its fantastic, pretty much an instant classic, something to be proud of & far far superior to the retro jobbies, be they the originals bearing the name alone; the Coca Cola bottlecappers or the collapsed grain silo models.

Scottrocks58*

One thing is for sure, TNSE is not going to mess around when it comes to protecting their rights. It's a smart business move to make the old logos go away for a while. Disney Co. has a "vault" where they put their films after initial DVD sales and they don't sell them again for a decade. They don't mess around either and this may have been what gave TNSE the idea to pull the old logo stuff off of the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad