TNSE Efforts to Acquire an NHL Team Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
proof please?

Remember, ASG probably has a lot of consultants and lawyers working with them on this transaction. Obviously we don't know what they are earning, but we do know that they are probably working overtime and on weekends, in addition to an already bloated hourly wage. The bill is going to be pretty hefty at the end of this IMO.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Not to speak for him, but I think he/she means Lawyer Fees- Lawyers don't for free unforunately ;)

SIGH, again, what htpwn said ;) (I swear htpwn waits until I'm about to post and then says "HA! I'll beat that chump to it!" :laugh:

I say "again" because htpwn ALWAYS seems to post JUST before I do ;)

HA! I beat that chump to it!

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Remember, ASG probably has a lot of consultants and lawyers working with them on this transaction. Obviously we don't know what they are earning, but we do know that they are probably working overtime and on weekends, in addition to an already bloated hourly wage. The bill is going to be pretty hefty at the end of this IMO.

Oh the lawyers will be making millions off this. I wouldn't be surprised if all told the lawyers fees on both sides would be over 5 million a piece. Corporate lawyers fees make most lawyers fees look like a parking meter.

ThrasherMinion

Just Chucky
Oct 2, 2006
ASG is suing their own lawyers right now. Who cares what it costs. I hope it drives all of them into bankruptcy (ASG I mean.)

And how about another example of just how cheap these guys really are?

Winnipeg fans are excited that there is currently 17 million free on the cap....

Rich Peverley is a FOURTH LINE Center for Boston right now. He was brought in off the WAIVER WIRE for half price to be Ilya Kovalchuk's first line center last year and was on the top 6 this past season until the Wheeler trade.

Steve Rucchin, Glen Metropolit, Niko Kapenen and Bobby Holik didn't work out for Ilya. All these guys were brought in as top liners after Don Waddell refused to offer Marc Savard over $4 million a few years back.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Out of curiosity, how much longer until the Globe and Mail reporter gets called out for flat out being wrong about saying the deal was done? Pretty damn obvious that there's some snag if there hasn't been an announcement yet, meaning that the deal wasn't done.

You'd think that they'd want to report it either before or after the Stanley Cup Final, and from Winnipeg's perspective having as much time from the announced relocation to puck drop would make the most sense.

AugustBurnsRed*

It's all about the definition of done. I don't think True North wants an announcement before all the details are sorted out.

ThrasherMinion

Just Chucky
Oct 2, 2006
Local news in Atlanta tonight at 6 had a statement by Don Waddell that said ASG continues to look for someone to keep the team in Atlanta (yeah, sure DW. :shakehead). NOTHING will be finalized until the BoG votes in June and anyone can still approach about buying the franchise for a "big discount" to keep it local...

Last night, the bozo known as Gearon said it was 80% but room for a local still. No Exclusive Period.

Not trying to ruffle feathers in a basically Winnipeg thread, but it was reported by legit TV news on 2 different channels in Atlanta. The media has really started to rally around this and it's almost exciting to see the media attention for the first time ("almost" because it sucks that it is taking this event to bring attention at all).

As much as the Canadian media had all the rumors flowing since Phoenix, I'm thinking Atlanta media might be the real deal because they have nothing at stake. Tomorrow will be college football summer practices for them when the Thrasher future is decided.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad