The90

Feb 27, 2017
3 second liners if on a good team

VS

2, 1B players and a second liner

Montreal fans, you’re option 1

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
I hate the Habs as much as the next guy but Suzuki is a far more complete player than Stutzle. It also doesn't help that Tkachuk and Stutzle might have the two most punchable faces in the league.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
id go the sens trio now but if slaf can carry over his production into next season then this becomes very close.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Stutzle took a step back this year but has almost 100% been playing through injury. While this could be the new norm for Suzuki going forward it is also just as likely that he regresses next year as he isn't going to continue shooting 18.4%.

Ask me again next year

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Stutzle took a step back this year but has almost 100% been playing through injury. While this could be the new norm for Suzuki going forward it is also just as likely that he regresses next year as he isn't going to continue shooting 18.4%.

Ask me again next year

Suzuki might or might not continue to shoot at 18.4%, but his linemate Caufield isn't going to continue shooting at 8.1% and Slaf is only going to get better

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Suzuki might or might not continue to shoot at 18.4%, but his linemate Caufield isn't going to continue shooting at 8.1% and Slaf is only going to get better
He almost certainly won't continue to shoot at 18% just like Stutzle wasn't going to continue shooting 17%. I agree Slaf is going to get better given his age and promising play this year, just like I believe Stutzle will rebound next year after clearly playing injured for much of the year.

While his play has been excellent this year, Suzuki is clearly the beneficiary of a career year so I'm genuinely curious to see how he progresses next year.

Hence, ask me again next year.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He almost certainly won't continue to shoot at 18% just like Stutzle wasn't going to continue shooting 17%. I agree Slaf is going to get better given his age and promising play this year, just like I believe Stutzle will rebound next year after clearly playing injured for much of the year.

While his play has been excellent this year, Suzuki is clearly the beneficiary of a career year so I'm genuinely curious to see how he progresses next year.

Suzuki shot at 16% last year. If he shot at 16% this year, it would've resulted in only 4 fewer goals, which isn't much of a difference.

Reactions: danisonfire

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
My belief in Suzuki tilted this in favor of MTL. But it's close.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I voted Ottawa. Pool was who was the best trio right now. Montreal’s could potentially become better long term though

Just for fun

Career highs:

83-90-62

Vs

60-75-48

That's like 15-20 points per player on average lol
Ottawa has had a lot more support offensively than Montreal did in the past couple of years. We’re also comparing a 26-24-22 years old to a 24-23-19 years old. Not that fair.

I think it has more to do with the fact that he’s finally playing with quality players. I believe last year he finished the last 35ish games with Harvey-Pinard as the second best forward and Barron as the best D. The guy was literally alone.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'd expect Slaf to become better than Tkachuk down the line but he's not there yet.

And I think i'd give Stutzle the benefit of the doubt for 1 more year over suzuki. As annoying as the diving is, it does provide significant value.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtydanglez

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Voted for the Habs

The best player of both team is clearly Suzuki, since he has the most points, plays the better two way game and bonus point: he ain't not bitch like Timmeh

Caufield had a down year and still put up 60 points

Slafkovsky is on the rise and could actually be the best player of them 6

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Voted for the Habs

The best player of both team is clearly Suzuki, since he has the most points, plays the better two way game and bonus point: he ain't not bitch like Timmeh

Caufield had a down year and still put up 60 points

Slafkovsky is on the rise and could actually be the best player of them 6

I'm not surprised, you sound very one sided.

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What, are you going to argue that Suzuki isn't the best player of them all 6 this year?

That's not what I said. Re read what I said.

You're writeup was promoting all 3 habs players while trashing the sens...

For example, you praise Caufield for still getting 60 points on a down year.

But then stutzle has 70 points on a down year and instead of getting praise like Caufield, gets bashed.

Your whole post just read like it was very one sided. Like you weren't giving a fair and honest unbiased opinion but rather acting like a Habs fan trying to promote Habs at all cost.

Has nothing to do with how good Suzuki is or anything. I didn't even mention Suzuki. Your post just is very obvious that it comes from a Habs fan. I don't recognize your username or pic, yet I know right away by your post that you're a die hard Habs fan lol.

Maybe just try to not make it look so obvious? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad