Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signs 3 year deal (7 million AAV)

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I was watching his press conference after he resigned the other day, and the vibe I got from him is he wants to stay here a long time. I totally misread his vibe over the summer and assumed him holding out= he wanted a 5 year contract and wasn't afraid to walk away in UFA. However I think he really wants to win with this group. He wouldn't sign at the expense of us losing a Brodie or Frolik, and mentioned how much he loves his teammates multiple times. Real gud guy. His maturity really showed during the interview. I seriously think he's an emotional leader for this team and I think he's our next captain. Hope he's a Flame for life.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
^ Yeah, like I love Tkachuk. He’s the closest thing we will get to Iginla, this guy gets it and knows what it takes to win. I know many on here point to the Allstar break for the reason we went cold last year, but I think Tkachuk being out was the bigger reason. He’s the guy that stirs the drink for the Flames and changes momentum during a game more than anyone else we have on board. He knows how to get under the skin of the opposition and can totally get them off their game.

This is the reason I’m so pumped about Lucic. I just want him to come in and be Looch. Any offence he can provide is gravy, but having him, Chucky and Benny all on the squad makes me so excited for this year.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
^ Yeah, like I love Tkachuk. He’s the closest thing we will get to Iginla, this guy gets it and knows what it takes to win. I know many on here point to the Allstar break for the reason we went cold last year, but I think Tkachuk being out was the bigger reason. He’s the guy that stirs the drink for the Flames and changes momentum during a game more than anyone else we have on board. He knows how to get under the skin of the opposition and can totally get them off their game.

This is the reason I’m so pumped about Lucic. I just want him to come in and be Looch. Any offence he can provide is gravy, but having him, Chucky and Benny all on the squad makes me so excited for this year.

Matty, Benny and Looch sounds like a cast from children's show friendship tour...

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Pretty sure Lucic is the next Iginla but okay.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad