Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Was a bit tongue in cheek poke at Svetch.

But let’s be honest. That behind the scenes video, the little presser when he arrived in the building, and the fist bump, hugs was something special.

We have something special building here and you can feel it. Not just a collection of players, but almost family, and the fans have been able to start feeling like being part of something.

We have had many detached years, but this young group growing together, playing the way they do, and being led the way they are, has captured the excitement and hopes of a fan base thy so dreadfully needs it.

The play style of the kids, especially Brady, and Chabot is fiesty, but also Formenton, and potential kids like Grieg and Boucher, has given fans with an ingrained inferiority complex a reason to talk a little smack. Even without the wins our team was bearing down on teams and gaining grudging respect last season.

Those are all off ice feelings that fans of the Sens can relate to, and buy into.

It’s a glorious feeling. Something similar was when McGratton beat down Domi, and the entire fanbase finally knew that the years of Toronto bullying us were over. Such a burst of relief and swagger!

Emotional rant over :)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love that video so much.

Fitting and intellectual of that man in your tweet to mention Sokolov.

Listen... you guys are going to love Sokolov. I am willing to bet Sokolov, if he sticks on the team and doesnt bust, will be one of the biggest fan favourites to ever play on the Sens and he'll be revered here moreso than many stars.

If we thought Brady and co were the leaders, Sokolov is going to provide a dimension that you very rarely see. That man has heart and dedication of pure gold.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brady lining up against Karlsson Thursday night

upload_2021-10-18_8-52-36.gif

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Keith on Brady

He loves playing in Ottawa," Keith said. "He knows deep down they're going to do whatever it takes to get to the next level because they have the pieces right now even though they're young."

That bit about the right pieces is IMO what Dorion meant with his rebuild is over comment

Sportsnet.ca: Keith Tkachuk says son Brady 'loves playing in Ottawa'.
Keith Tkachuk says son Brady 'loves playing in Ottawa'

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
I liked this little bit in reference to the process of getting a contract done:

Brady's dad, former NHLer and US Hockey Hall of Fame member Keith, joined the Jeff Marek Show on Wednesday and was asked about the process of Brady and the Sens figuring out a contract.
"I don't share Matthew's enthusiasm on the subject," Keith quipped.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How? It got done.

I was bitter until the second they announced the length of contract. Now, not at all bitter.
Not everyone is the same, and maybe had they gotten this all done in August they could have used it to build up momentum, sold more season tickets perhaps, gotten sponsored commited for this year ect.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Every time I see this thread title and remember Matthew’s comments I am glad I’m not the Calgary GM.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Not everyone is the same, and maybe had they gotten this all done in August they could have used it to build up momentum, sold more season tickets perhaps, gotten sponsored commited for this year ect.
Oh, i would say undoubtedly they lost some early season ticket sales etc, but i dont think they wanted one of their stars sitting the first 3 games by choice.

Now they'll have momentum going into November and Christmas, which should be good.

I can't imagine someone crossing their arms and protesting that one of the toughest negotiations in team history (i think it probably was) didn't get done quickly enough for their liking and boycotted.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I listened to the Keith Tkachuk interview today at 1 pm on the Fan 590 as I was driving through Toronto on my 7 hour drive so that I can go to the game tomorrow night vs the Sharks. Keith seemed like a good guy and I also liked how he tried to temper Matthew's comments from September. He said Brady loves playing in Ottawa and I believe he said that the negotiations were stressful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad