Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

A few things:

1. The Senators have figured out how to use social media properly and to their advantage, they have been pumping out absolute gems the past while from a marketing standpoint.

2. Brady is no doubt the Captain of this team, literally everyone loves him, how can you not?

3. He is looking bigger and stronger, the whole time watching that clip I am thinking "this guy is no longer a kid in a man's body, he is looking manlier". Bad news for our opponents, because a Brady Tkachuk with more maturity and more "man-strength" is going to absolutely dominate the league, just watch, so many people are under-rating him especially during the contract talks. He will prove all doubters----and even the ones on the fence----wrong.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
A few things:

1. The Senators have figured out how to use social media properly and to their advantage, they have been pumping out absolute gems the past while from a marketing standpoint.

2. Brady is no doubt the Captain of this team, literally everyone loves him, how can you not?

3. He is looking bigger and stronger, the whole time watching that clip I am thinking "this guy is no longer a kid in a man's body, he is looking manlier". Bad news for our opponents, because a Brady Tkachuk with more maturity and more "man-strength" is going to absolutely dominate the league, just watch, so many people are under-rating him especially during the contract talks. He will prove all doubters----and even the ones on the fence----wrong.
Very underated thing to be all for one in a dressing room like that,very good vibes from that end part where he is with his brothers

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Can we start Norris now?

Just this is worth like 1 M$

Indeed
The team needs a policeman but a more feared and better player than Sabourin. I hope we get one soon to play on the 4th line. We don’t want our top 9 forwards breaking their hands.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The team needs a policeman but a more feared and better player than Sabourin. I hope we get one soon to play on the 4th line. We don’t want our top 9 forwards breaking their hands.
Love Watson ,but he really isnt a good fighter....Maybe we can clone a young Chris Neil

Reactions: BigRig4 and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I might be in the minority, but I'm just filled with a sense of dread over this signing.

I do not have a sense of dread as we have him for his prime 7 years. After that given how physical he plays, I expect a decline thereafter and maybe shorter career than if he played a softer game.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
It really does feel like we're building something special here.

As good as our cores have been in the past, I don't think I can ever recall seeing players so genuinely excited for one another and (seemingly) so closely entwined. Recalling how toxic things seemed to get late in the Karlsson era, it's like a breath of fresh air.
Chabot almost knocking him over giving him a hug is the highlight of 2021.
This is especially critical I think given that these two are the frontrunners for the captaincy. One of these two is practically guaranteed to be wearing the C - and it's moments like this that give me confidence that it's not something that'll create any sort of conflict between them.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Look how pissed off the Senators players are with his contract.

You can sense the seething anger.

The love was beautiful to see, especially from Chabot and Stutzle.

But why would they be angry though? That contract means good contracts for them too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The love was beautiful to see, especially between from Chabot and Stutzle.

But why would they be angry though? That contract means good contracts for them too.

There were all kinds of theories put forward about how Tkachuk was putting himself ahead of the team.

Clearly the team disagrees.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I was never negative on Tkachuk himself over this but I 100% doubted the team's ability to convince him to commit long-term but credit where it's due they really managed to do it.
To quote Childish Gambino, "People only see you how they want to see you 'til you make 'em see you in another way." I think the org managed to convince many — myself included — to see them in another way yesterday.

Reactions: Ed Wood

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The way Chabot hugged Tkachuk.

We are in excellent hands with those two. Man i freaking love Chabot. We are ridiculously fortunate to have him. We are going to make some damage soon.

I don't think people know just how much stronger Brady looks. He's gonna have himself a season.
Both are leaders,doesnt matter what letter they wear

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It really does feel like we're building something special here.

As good as our cores have been in the past, I don't think I can ever recall seeing players so genuinely excited for one another and (seemingly) so closely entwined. Recalling how toxic things seemed to get late in the Karlsson era, it's like a breath of fresh air.

This is especially critical I think given that these two are the frontrunners for the captaincy. One of these two is practically guaranteed to be wearing the C - and it's moments like this that give me confidence that it's not something that'll create any sort of conflict between them.

These bros are mostly single guys. It's a great time for them to bond, good for the team that they lay this foundation together. Let's hope that, five years from now, their wives are chill and get along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad