Player Discussion TJ Oshie

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I know. Kids have stop signs on the back of their jerseys now to get those hits out of the game. He knew what he was doing but still won’t get a 5 min major

My son is starting his first season of checking hockey coming up and I told him straight up that if he ever hits a player, even a little push, when he can see their name and/or number I will pull him off the ice immediately. Just way too dangerous and too many really bad things can come of it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Shoulder or collar bone. When he rolls onto his back that's exactly what he reaches for.

Disgusting that Brind'amour downplayed this as a legal hit that Oshie just wasn't ready for. Cross check to the small of the back, which pushes your entire center of gravity, directly into the boards from behind. Very dangerous and clearly intentional.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
My son is starting his first season of checking hockey coming up and I told him straight up that if he ever hits a player, even a little push, when he can see their name and/or number I will pull him off the ice immediately. Just way too dangerous and too many really bad things can come of it.
My parents told me they weren’t paying my hockey fees to watch me sit in the penalty box.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
At this point maybe our best hope is a bruised shoulder. But it seemed too painful, for a bruise.

Dislocation provides for a possible quick return, at the expense of a higher risk of it happening again. But the heavy pain he was in, can point to a dislocation.

me.gif

Last edited:

Ovi4Pres

Apr 19, 2019
Do dislocations typically hurt more than breaks? Seems like that what everyone is implying.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I doubt it's just a dislocation. TR wouldn't have been so quick to say TJ's out long term if that was the case. Unless he was grandstanding for supplemental disciplinary action.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Was just reading the series thread on main board and there was a GIF of Wilson hitting faulk.....

A couple posters were citing that hit as being the same as the one oshie took. Lmao

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They are extremely painful. You can’t use your upper body without moving it in some manner.

Maybe mine wasn't severe/almost no pain, just obvious something was wrong.... the internet doctor in me IDIM thinks a break in the middle of a bone presumed has less nerves vs near a joint. Maybe we will one day find out his diagnosis when the season is over. although in recent years, injuries after the seasons over are not being shared the day after nor at all IIRC

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Was just reading the series thread on main board and there was a GIF of Wilson hitting faulk.....

A couple posters were citing that hit as being the same as the one oshie took. Lmao

It's utterly ridiculous. There are a few Canes fans still trying to spin things in their direction but now it's mostly Pens fans piling on because they have nothing else to do.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
When is the last time someone got suspended for a hit or something on a Capitals player? Honestly curious. If someone bothers would be good to see couple last ones.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Every chance, hit them and give Mrazek a hard time. If DSP is playing I would give him that duty. Caps need to come out and show support for Oshie. I realize it was late in the game and we were trying to even up the game, so not many options. Saturday is a new game and time to punish them. Run up the score and then take liberties. Unleash Wilson on their defense.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
When is the last time someone got suspended for a hit or something on a Capitals player? Honestly curious. If someone bothers would be good to see couple last ones.

Whoever concussed Kempny got suspended, but usually they walk. I expect the same here.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
It's utterly ridiculous. There are a few Canes fans still trying to spin things in their direction but now it's mostly Pens fans piling on because they have nothing else to do.

Be sure to remember this when they are relocated within 10 years. I remember folks back in the day saying, "Oh, I'll miss our rivalry". The only thing they know is Steelers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00