Player Discussion TJ Oshie

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
My son is starting his first season of checking hockey coming up and I told him straight up that if he ever hits a player, even a little push, when he can see their name and/or number I will pull him off the ice immediately. Just way too dangerous and too many really bad things can come of it.
I can't believe I actually agree with one of your posts but I do.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Shoulder or collar bone. When he rolls onto his back that's exactly what he reaches for.

Disgusting that Brind'amour downplayed this as a legal hit that Oshie just wasn't ready for. Cross check to the small of the back, which pushes your entire center of gravity, directly into the boards from behind. Very dangerous and clearly intentional.
It wasnt a vicious hit but it clearly wasnt clean. How is a crosscheck to the back into the boards clean?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They can use this as an emotional rallying point and use the DOPS questionable decisions to fuel that.

They also used this as a physical rallying point. Ovi had Dougie tapping out for an easy goal. The refs were horrible once again, and maybe those PK kills helped rally the team. Heh I just heard Nick say the PK turned the game around.

Last edited:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Alright who had broken collarbone in the pool?

GleefulFarawayEquine-small.gif

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Collarbone is what? 2 months minimum? Pity

Ok, next man up

Maybe Oshie will be well rested for 3rd cup in a row now

Ps: have to eat some crow because tj showed he cares... But me picking him as a guy under question was only done as competitor for $$$/slot against all of vrana/connolly/bura

Surely Oshie is now 2nd on the chart of wingers to keep from that group (behind vrana). Imho ofc. Surely tj is now more important player but we are talking caps future in the end.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
They also used this as a physical rallying point. Ovi had Dougie tapping out for an easy goal. The refs were horrible once again, and maybe those PK kills helped rally the team. Heh I just heard Nick say the PK turned the game around.

Refs are always kinda bad but it’s a very hard sport to ref. No suspension to Foegele would bring Oshie back.

Glad Foegele played. He was quite bad that game. Maybe even constantly looking over his shoulder for 8, 43 and 25.

Hurricanes play far more bravely at home so Caps need to bring it. Vengeance for Oshie

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hopefully the rally cry of do it for Oshie lasts more than just game 5. Its cool the local NFL star Ryan Kerrigan chugged his beer Oshie style during the game, and more importantly, for the camera for all to enjoy.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Refs are always kinda bad but it’s a very hard sport to ref. No suspension to Foegele would bring Oshie back.

Glad Foegele played. He was quite bad that game. Maybe even constantly looking over his shoulder for 8, 43, 44 and 25.

Hurricanes play far more bravely at home so Caps need to bring it. Vengeance for Oshie

Fixed

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The argument is and always has been that the contract will be bad in the last few years.

There isn't a single Oshie hater on this board.

Why change other people's arguments to appear right?

The argument was that the contract would be bad and shouldn't be entered into. That entering into it was a mistake. Oshie hater? Not sure where that term was used first. Certainly not me. Should I put you in the category that it was a bad contract and they should have passed?

Jun 15, 2007
The argument was that the contract would be bad and shouldn't be entered into. That entering into it was a mistake. Oshie hater? Not sure where that term was used first. Certainly not me. Should I put you in the category that it was a bad contract and they should have passed?

No, the argument is that it's a good contract for the first few years but as he slows down with injury it will become an albatross.

I don't see why you are crowing victory in year 2 when the debate has never been about year 2. It's about years 4-8.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No, the argument is that it's a good contract for the first few years but as he slows down with injury it will become an albatross.

I don't see why you are crowing victory in year 2 when the debate has never been about year 2. It's about years 4-8.

Still missing the big picture I see. Players age...it’s life.

It’s about the Cup, and he was integral in getting us our first.

The Oshie contract can already be labeled a success IMO.

Jun 15, 2007
Still missing the big picture I see.

It’s about the Cup, and he was integral in getting us out first.

The Oshie contract can already be labeled a success IMO.

Of course it's a success. Who's arguing otherwise?

And if we trade Oshie, do we lose that cup? No, so I don't see why people get offended when someone suggests trading him before the contracts turns bad or getting Seattle to take him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Well...the debate has been about year 1 and 2 and 3. I think this is the disconnect the bad contract don't do it people have. The choice is would you rather make runs at more cups because that player brings something not replaceable or would you rather let him go and do without?

Its the Brooks Orpik argument. Orpik was worth the overpay in his last season all day and night. TJ Oshie has been worth the overpay in his last two seasons by what he has brought in the first two seasons. Players like Orpik and Oshie are NEVER an albatross. Its insulting to use that term.

They are trying to win NOW after having won last season. Like Orpik, I am perfectly comfortable with dealing with Oshie's contract when the times comes. Cross that bridge when we get to it. MacLellan has always handled these things well. I think ive seen people as recently as a month ago suggesting the Caps should trade Oshie in the off season. That is nuts.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad