Confirmed with Link: TJ Brodie to TOR | 4 years 5M per

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Brodie has been as advertised. solid top 4 dman. Is he the perfect player? no. but he is very good at certain defensive skills that we desperately needed an upgrade on. great stick.

very large upgrade on what we got from Barrie or Ceci.

Mar 26, 2010
Brodie has been as advertised. solid top 4 dman. Is he the perfect player? no. but he is very good at certain defensive skills that we desperately needed an upgrade on. great stick.

very large upgrade on what we got from Barrie or Ceci.
I will give you that, he is way better than Barrie.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
I think the Leafs D have just been so bad for so long that the fanbase has a really weird skew on what a top-4 D is supposed to be. Rumors of being in on guys like Pietro, Hamilton, Parayko, etc. have made it seem like what the Leafs ended up getting is never going to be good enough.

I think pretty soon other fan bases will start dreaming up their own scenarios of how to get guys like Justin Holl onto their top pair :sarcasm:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He's been okay, just needs to be a steady presence, nothing fancy. I've noticed players keep giving him forehand passes, even though he has to receive on his backhand. Once things like that are corrected he'll have an extra second to operate.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
He has room to improve, but he is already a BIG improvement over Barrie.

He is a quiet player, and as a D-man that is a skill. I think he's going to be great for our team over the life of his contract.

Reactions: banks

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Such an improvement over Barrie.

I’d say he’s been better than Muzzin so far this year. Both are great #3 guys, can be complimentary #2 guys

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad