Confirmed with Link: TJ Brodie to TOR | 4 years 5M per

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The only acquisition of this off-season that matters. By the summer of 2021 Thornton, Simmonds, Boyd, Vesey and Bogosian will all be forgotten but Brodie will still be here. As far as I'm concerned the 2020-21 season rides on the success of this signing. Fingers crossed, he seems to be a better fit than Barrie and Ceci were.

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty10

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
It might look rough in 2025 but it's 2020 Vegas is loaded for bear they don't care about 2025 not in 2020.
They actually look worse than last year to me. THey handled things horribly in trying to add AP.
Take a look at that roster, do you really think it's "Loaded"?

My point was anyways every team has bigger concerns than TJ Brodie in his last 2 years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They actually look worse than last year to me. THey handled things horribly in trying to add AP.
Take a look at that roster, do you really think it's "Loaded"?

My point was anyways every team has bigger concerns than TJ Brodie in his last 2 years.

I think they look really good, sure there are things that are not ideal for example 12 million in goaltending but that is the best goaltending tandem in the NHL.

I think losing Statsny hurts but I think it kills them.

I think nate Schmidt is very good and Vancouver got a steal but AP is different he's another level.

I expect Vegas to be great again.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
I think they look really good, sure there are things that are not ideal for example 12 million in goaltending but that is the best goaltending tandem in the NHL.

I think losing Statsny hurts but I think it kills them.

I think nate Schmidt is very good and Vancouver got a steal but AP is different he's another level.

I expect Vegas to be great again.

You don't get better by dumping Nate Schmidt for a 3rd and Stastny just to sign AP. Vegas handled that horribly.

We'll see how it works. Don't like their centres at all. And sounds like Lehner is out for awhile.

Reactions: qqaz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Is that how you get better though? Think of the reaction if Dubas did that? a 3rd for Schmidt is terrible asset management. Would have been much better to not have to lose in other areas to gain AP.

If Dubas did that, as long as it didn't cost Rielly because that would defeat the purpose of getting AP, I think most would be good with it.

If AP costs you Holl and Kapanen, or Kapanen and Johnsson so be it.

Hell Brodie cost them Kapanen and Johnsson and most don't care do you know why? because we NEEDED Brodie Kapanen and Johnsson as good as they are, and they are they are replaceable.

Depth pieces can ALWAYS be replaced that's what makes them depth pieces.

Core pieces are MUCH MUCH harder to replace.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
If Dubas did that, as long as it didn't cost Rielly because that would defeat the purpose of getting AP, I think most would be good with it.

If AP costs you Holl and Kapanen, or Kapanen and Johnsson so be it.

Hell Brodie cost them Kapanen and Johnsson and most don't care do you know why? because we NEEDED Brodie Kapanen and Johnsson as good as they are, and they are they are replaceable.

Depth pieces can ALWAYS be replaced that's what makes them depth pieces.

Core pieces are MUCH MUCH harder to replace.

What if AP cost you Muzzin? That's the equivalent. That was my question.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Then that REALLY sucks but I still think most would be good with it AP is different he's a difference maker.

But I think Dubas would try to find a way around that.

It doesn't really matter because they got Brodie and I'm mostly happy with the defense although I would like to see Holl on the 3rd pair but that's a deadline deal.

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
A lot of our season rests upon TJ's shoulders.
IF he is able to "free" Morgs to fully commit to his skillset, he will have a huge boon on the ice as a result.

I still believe that we need a "right handed Muzzin" to make our defensive core solid and flexible in all matchups but Brodie is a very solid addition to the roster.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
With how this team is built, I think we're much better off with Brodie and Muzzin than we would be with Pietrangelo.

Rielly is a good #1. Muzzin and Brodie are both decent 2's or high-end 3's. That depth is so incredibly important to a team that has about half their cap in 4 players.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Is that how you get better though? Think of the reaction if Dubas did that? a 3rd for Schmidt is terrible asset management. Would have been much better to not have to lose in other areas to gain AP.

I trade Nate Schmidt, Stastny and a 3rd
for
Petro and a 4th every day

Was hoping to use the nickname Petro Canada if he joined the Leafs

Reactions: ACC1224 and Korg

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
I trade Nate Schmidt, Stastny and a 3rd
for
Petro and a 4th every day

Was hoping to use the nickname Petro Canada if he joined the Leafs

The point to getting better isn't to trade other players to subtract from the team and then get screwed in deals in order too add a D like AP. That was handled horribly. They got fleeced.

I know Dubas would get lots of crap for dumping Muzzin in such a poor return just to sign AP.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He's outplayed Rielly so far imo. Other than the bad Ottawa game, he's been fantastic. Great signing thus far.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He hasn't outplayed Rielly imo. But he sure as hell been better than Muzzin. Brodie is very quickly becoming the number 2 on this d corp.

Meh. I've liked Muzzin, other than tonight's gaffe. Goes up against top lines and comes out positive. Haven't loved Rielly's game so far.

Reactions: Atomos2

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Muzzin has started poorly, but I'm pretty sure be dis the same last year too.

But nice to see Brodie show his defensive chops in crunch time tonight, both with and without the puck.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Great signing and a much needed player for the defence. Will have his bad games like Friday, but overall very steady.

Reactions: saffronleaf

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Muzzin has started poorly, but I'm pretty sure be dis the same last year too.

But nice to see Brodie show his defensive chops in crunch time tonight, both with and without the puck.
Yeah I'm not worried about Muzzin. He started slow last year too, and then got it in gear. Might be one of those players who needs training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad