Speculation: TJ Brodie the odd man out this offseason?

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
If we get rid of our best defenseman to give Holl and Timmins a raise there should be riots in the streets.

That's a shit right side.

In any case Muzzin is going to be litir most likely so that opens the extra 5 mil

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Isn’t Holl a UFA? I’d have to think he’s gone, he’s gonna sign with a team willing to give him top 4 minutes and pay.

We will still need Brodie.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Brodie was not a signing I had enthusiasm for, as I had Weegar (and still do) on my mind.

Since then he’s completely won me over. Steadying veteran presence, works with everyone on either side, and can slot anywhere in the lineup.

He’s a keeper, and I can easily see him take the mantle on from Gio when Gio decides it’s time……. Like after he gets his Stanley Cup win with us…. ;)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I always find it curious when someone starts a thread and doesn't return to discuss the topic.

I have a new born baby. I can't sit on a hockey forum responding instantly to everything. I made the thread and came back when I had a chance to see the discussion

Reactions: Teeder Keon

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
cannot discount experience man. In playoffs, experience is king, fancy stuff doesn't fly much. Discipline, focus and ability to adjust is supreme.

Brodie's help would be required more than people realize

jiFfM.jpg

Reactions: LeafSteel

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Keep in mind OP is the same poster that wanted Dubas fired for trading Douglas for Timmins, and called Robertson a bust after 1 period of prospect tournament play. His hot takes are famous.

I still think Robertson is a bust. I never changed my opinion outside of 1 main boards thread I was talking with someone who called him a bust and said he played well when he had his 2 decent games.

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
As for the rest, we will see I guess but I think if the Leafs could get a first or trade up with their 2nd or 3rd + Brodie for a first they should if it means they can keep Bunting.

I know he is a good dman, hence why I said he is a top 4 guy. Just he only has a year left anyways and I think our D is setup well enough for a bit of a retool. Go younger with our prospects, add an asset and use the cap space to keep the younger Bunting.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I have a new born baby. I can't sit on a hockey forum responding instantly to everything. I made the thread and came back when I had a chance to see the discussion
Congratulations.

They change your life and give it meaning that you never could have imagined before.

Enjoy every second because it will go by in the blink of an eye.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We’re not talking about Brodie 2 or 3,years ago.
It’s now.
He’s really slow and can’t move the puck.
That spells trouble imo.

It's not like he's signed for 5 more years. He's still a good defenseman and he's only got 1 more year left. That lines up with Matthews, Nylander, Sandin and Liljegren's expiring contracts so that money can easily be reallocated then instead of this offseason and needing to make moves to resign guys in 2024.

A good defenseman signed short term is anything but trouble even if there are injury issues popping up.

Reactions: frizzer1

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd really rather trade Rielly.

Not trading Brodie at all, good luck getting better value than what we're getting on the 5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad