NFL: Titans have a COVID-19 outbreak (12 players and 10 personnel)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

So if this holds, the Bills will only have 4 days to prepare for the Chiefs. Thanks, Titans. Thanks, NFL. Bills getting screwed like always. :madfire:

Lol. Mlb made Oakland play in Texas on a Sunday, Seattle on Monday, then Denver on Tuesday to make up games for 1 covid test. It's shitty but the Bills will cope.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Part of me does agree. The NFL's philosophy on this is so incredibly flawed. Their approach is that it's inevitable that players, coaches, staff, etc. will get COVID away from the facility, which is correct, but that they don't want to spread it at work, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Football isn't something you can just work from home and then show up on gameday, and since it can take days after exposure for you to test positive, there is just no way you can genuinely protect everyone with that philosophy. Now there is a 0% chance the people involved would agree to a bubble outside of the playoffs, and that's a reality everyone will have to live with. While the Titans likely broke protocol, it's probably safe to assume that many others did too and the protocols themselves are pretty flawed to properly deal with COVID.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Part of me does agree. The NFL's philosophy on this is so incredibly flawed. Their approach is that it's inevitable that players, coaches, staff, etc. will get COVID away from the facility, which is correct, but that they don't want to spread it at work, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Football isn't something you can just work from home and then show up on gameday, and since it can take days after exposure for you to test positive, there is just no way you can genuinely protect everyone with that philosophy. Now there is a 0% chance the people involved would agree to a bubble outside of the playoffs, and that's a reality everyone will have to live with. While the Titans likely broke protocol, it's probably safe to assume that many others did too and the protocols themselves are pretty flawed to properly deal with COVID.

Likely broke protocol? They absolutely did. They told the Titans to go home and quarantine and they went and held a secret practice. Seems like a pretty blatant disregard of protocol.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Likely broke protocol? They absolutely did. They told the Titans to go home and quarantine and they went and held a secret practice. Seems like a pretty blatant disregard of protocol.
Sure, don't disagree, that action clearly broke protocol. I'm not sure if the NFL differentiates between player-led actions and club-led actions, so that's why I said likely. If they do differentiate, then the Titans might have an argument that it was rogue players that they have no control over outside of the facility. I know fans don't care to differentiate between those, but I think it's an important distinction.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sure, don't disagree, that action clearly broke protocol. I'm not sure if the NFL differentiates between player-led actions and club-led actions, so that's why I said likely. If they do differentiate, then the Titans might have an argument that it was rogue players that they have no control over outside of the facility. I know fans don't care to differentiate between those, but I think it's an important distinction.
I dont think it really matters whether the team or players organized it. At the end of the day the organization is responsible for all of it employees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad