NFL: Titans have a COVID-19 outbreak (12 players and 10 personnel)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That firmly falls under the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" banner.

This shit is spreading like wildfire (again) pretty much all across North America sans for the most remote of areas (****ing Nunavut thinks they're so big...) and these geniuses decide to expose themselves to it, knowing full well they were putting themselves and other teams at risk?

Drop the hammer on them. I believed the MLB should have done it when the Marlins and Cardinals acted like morons, and the same with the NFL here.

member 157595

That firmly falls under the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" banner.

This shit is spreading like wildfire (again) pretty much all across North America sans for the most remote of areas (****ing Nunavut thinks they're so big...) and these geniuses decide to expose themselves to it, knowing full well they were putting themselves and other teams at risk?

Drop the hammer on them. I believed the MLB should have done it when the Marlins and Cardinals acted like morons, and the same with the NFL here.

I'm calling for bubbles in Eureka, Alert and Griese Fiord. Thawed soil is for the weak.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So if the Titans have games forfeited then their first round pick has to be taken too right? Cannot reward them for their own stupidity with a high draft pick.
I doubt they forfeit, but losing 1st round pick is probably inevitable.

Sure a forfeit hurts them, but would other clubs allow the Bills and possibly Texans to get a free win? I'd be pissed if I was the Steelers. This is why rules and punishments should've been clearly laid out in the beginning.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I doubt they forfeit, but losing 1st round pick is probably inevitable.

Sure a forfeit hurts them, but would other clubs allow the Bills and possibly Texans to get a free win? I'd be pissed if I was the Steelers. This is why rules and punishments should've been clearly laid out in the beginning.

That's the main problem with Goodell's NFL - too reactive instead of proactive.

As far as any potential forfeits go, I realize there are financial reasons why the NFL would not want to do that as they would have to give that money back to the networks. But if they don't force any forfeits, then Goodell was just bluffing and little was done to deter this behavior by teams and players in the future.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So whats the leagues penalty for forcing 20 patriots players who had close contact with Newton onto a plane the day of a game to play?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So whats the leagues penalty for forcing 20 patriots players who had close contact with Newton onto a plane the day of a game to play?
If they didn't break protocol, nothing. It really just shows that the NFL's plan was very lacking.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's the main problem with Goodell's NFL - too reactive instead of proactive.

As far as any potential forfeits go, I realize there are financial reasons why the NFL would not want to do that as they would have to give that money back to the networks. But if they don't force any forfeits, then Goodell was just bluffing and little was done to deter this behavior by teams and players in the future.
If he takes a 1st and 2nd round picks and a ridiculous fine, that'll change behavior.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Doesn’t seem like forfeiture is in the cards

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They are still getting positive tests, it's more likely the game won't be played IMO. Especially when it's clear the team hasn't been quarantining since the outbreak started.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There is a presidential debate scheduled (operative word) next 2 Thursdays so fox won’t mind this.

I think there’s a way to make up a future missed game without a bye, without adding to the end of the season, it would just throw conventional nfl scheduling out the window

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If they didn't break protocol, nothing. It really just shows that the NFL's plan was very lacking.
Im asking who is over seeing the league to make sure they are making the right decisions. Kinda hard to come down on the Titans when the league has shown just as much if not worse judgment. We're talking about a league with a horrendous history of overlooking player safety to preserve their bottom dollar. Why would they act any different in this situation

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There is a presidential debate scheduled (operative word) next 2 Thursdays so fox won’t mind this.

I think there’s a way to make up a future missed game without a bye, without adding to the end of the season, it would just throw conventional nfl scheduling out the window
Not to be political, but anyone that would typically watch Thursday Night Football, that chooses the presidential debate over a Chiefs/Bills game, is ****ing insane. If I want to watch toddlers bicker at each other, I'll just turn the tv off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad