Post-Game Talk: Tippett sucks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yes RNH is better at PP than he is at ES, see my previous post for that. Even if you only judged him for ES, so 85th in the last 3 years for P/60, and completely ignored his PP production, he isn't that overpaid. The 85th highest paid forward makes $5.875. So by this metric, if you ignored his PP production, he would be overpaid by a whopping 125k/season. You are somewhat right, RNH doesn't drive offence by himself, but he isn't paid like a player that does that either. On the average, he is paid roughly correctly right now at $6 M. Yes, you can cherry pick some players that are on better deals around that range, and you can cherry pick to find worse deals as well. But on the whole, he is in the correct range for what he makes vs the production he provides.

An argument I can get behind is that he has been slightly overpaid for the early years of his deal, I wouldn't argue that. Hopefully this will act favorably in contract negotiations, but I somehow doubt it, lol.

Danault in Montreal makes half of what RNH does and in last few seasons has identical EV pts. Nuge isn't even an effective PP player, he doesn't drive the offense there either. Nuge has been lucky to play with all of Hall, Eberle, Dra, McD who are all much better at driving offense.

Nuge is a supposed 200ft player who is weak on the puck, still resembles what he looked like when he was 18, and has never at any point developed a strength suitable to be his best in the NHL.

This all being stated by a poster that believes Nuge could have been a dominating player at this level, no worse than a Sedin. Nuge has it all in his head, can be a great player, thing that always frustated with him is how he settle for less. So I'm fine with him being paid less, or getting dealt.

Reactions: Messrules11

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
RNH has a goal and two assists at even strength. I mean even last season Sam Gagner was a PP weapon they barely used. It's kind of frustrating right now seeing talented players be underutilized because we have to overwork the star forwards. Does that make sense if the results are poor?
And the goal was mostly work by Yama, and the two apples were touching the puck and then watching McDavid skate through the entire team to score.

Reactions: Messrules11

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
And the goal was mostly work by Yama, and the two apples were touching the puck and then watching McDavid skate through the entire team to score.
You could put Nuge in the bottom 6 and he would be as invisible as the rest of them but let’s pay him 7M for another 5 years. :baghead:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If you were to make a Turris highlight reel for this season, it would probably be three dump-ins from center ice and that's it. You'd probably have a tough time even finding a three second clip of him carrying the puck.

There's guys showing flashes who aren't quite comfortable with the system or his linemates and then there's guys who are completely useless.
I'm not sure what people expect from a line that has shown no chemistry. Can the third line put two passes together?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad