Votes: 55 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Sennecke was a bit of a meme at first for me but now, I am legit considering taking him at #5.

With that said, if Buium is still available at #5, I think we will regret not taking a future Makar.

First time i see his highlight, and i have to admit that i really like what i saw. Really funny because the way he skates, protects the puck and uses his long stick gave me a flash of Jean Béliveau. He eats the puck too long at times but i really love how good he is to fool opposite players . Entertaining player

Reactions: Benstheman

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Just for fun,

NHL comparables:

Demidov = Kiril Kaprizov
Ignila = JT Miller
Lindstrom = Alex Tuch/B. Tkachuk (don't see him becoming a center at the NHL Level/low hockey IQ)
Catton = Logan Cooley/Barzal
I dont get the low hockey IQ for Lindstrom.

Yes, sometimes he can make some bizarre plays, but most of the time, he is taking some really good decisions and has great flashes. IMO, it is more a guy who never thought he could make all of that (being a 3rd round pick in the W) and realized he can make plays, control the game. More and more, he was scanning the ice and finding the right spot to go before he got injured. Of course, he doesn't have the IQ of Catton, but I think we are only scratching the surface and can improve it a lot with a good development team and coach.

For him, it is about playing in his strengths and being more constant. He has a nice combo of nastiness, speed, power and skills.

His decision-making reminds me a bit of Slafkovsky. You see bad and great flashes, but I think our staff can help him a lot about the routes he is taking and everything that could make him a dominant piece down the line.

If Demidov is gone and Lindstrom is still there, I think you are running to the stage and take him. Leave him in the W next year and bring him at 19 years old.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
This may be old news but I noticed that TSN and RDS will be carrying the WHL, OHL and QMJHL final series. That's great! We'll get to see lots of Parekh, Sennecke, Poirier, Gill etc.

Reactions: bopeep and SlafySZN

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The last time a team moved up in the ~ 10-15 range is Arizona in 2022. So yes, one late 1st and two 2nd rounders.
View attachment 867711
If management were high on a player who was still available like Eiserman, Connolly, or Yakumchuk, I give the Jets 1st and the Flames 1st to move up. Getting a blue chip prospect is exactly what you want for taking on the Monahan contract. I don't want two more Mesars or Becks.

I'm with you Michoulicious. Sam Dickinson and Zeev Buium are best players available at 5th overall. Not Sennecke, not Iginla, not Lindstrom even.

I would definitely take an LD if I thought they were number 1 D material over a 25 - 25 2nd line winger.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What you guys think of Adam Kleber with our 2nd rounder? Would love that prototype to complete Reinbacher and Mailloux on the right side.
Always depends on who's left but Kleber is a serious project that I would love to gamble on. On a pure skating/frame basis I don't think he's there, but then again a guy like Sotheran fell all the way to the 5th last year.

I would be glad to pick him, he's shown a willingness to play a very conservative game, tie up players along the board, uses his weight really well, etc. Plus booming shot. I hated Edmundson but he does remind me of him a bit.

Reactions: Benstheman

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So, let’s be honest, can somebody explain to me the Silayev hyp?

I understand he’s big, mobile and played in the KHL at 17 years old. It’s enticing a prospect of his potential, but how can we justify him in the top 3. He’s a project and I think that’s so risky.
Wingspan w high end mobility

In today’s game tough to get away w hooking / holding / cross checking … wingspan incl active stick while being able to maintain pace becomes vital for defensive Dman. Add active stick coverage to 6’7” frame & that’s a lot of area being covered

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If management were high on a player who was still available like Eiserman, Connolly, or Yakumchuk, I give the Jets 1st and the Flames 1st to move up. Getting a blue chip prospect is exactly what you want for taking on the Monahan contract. I don't want two more Mesars or Becks.

I would definitely take an LD if I thought they were number 1 D material over a 25 - 25 2nd line winger.
I think Dickinson fits the no.1 D narrative. Buium i'm not sure.

Would not be surprised to see Dickinson go top 4. Maybe even Silayev has a unicorn but not sure either.

IMO, only Levshunov and Dickinson have that no.1 D tag for this draft. So it would make sense to have both of them in the top 5.

I think the draft would become crazy interesting if Chicago goes D with the 2nd overall.

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Wingspan w high end mobility

In today’s game tough to get away w hooking / holding / cross checking … wingspan incl active stick while being able to maintain pace becomes vital for defensive Dman. Add active stick coverage to 6’7” frame & that’s a lot of area being covered
He also put up all time numbers for a dman in the KHL. Smart player as well. He should be the first D off the board, a cornerstone player.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Kind of weird for the poll not to contain Dickinson, but Zayne Parekh is there? Out of all these players, I'd draft Sam Dickinson before and wouldn't hesitate a second.
Probably based on the fact Hugues said they won't draft lhd...

But i agree with you. Dickinson>>>Parekh.

He also put up all time numbers for a dman in the KHL. Smart player as well. He should be the first D off the board, a cornerstone player.
Maybe not 1st D but he definitely is a good candidate to be pick up in top 5 of the draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Lindstrom this year allows you to grab the Benson/Cooley of next year's draft without worry.

Lindstrom Dach Slafkovsky in the top 6 is more than enough beef.
Next year's draft could be deep. Lots of high performing underagers at the WU18 and it will be a far better draft class for European countries.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Lindstrom this year allows you to grab the Benson/Cooley of next year's draft without worry.

Lindstrom Dach Slafkovsky in the top 6 is more than enough beef.
Maybe try and get that guy with the Winnipeg pick, next years pick won’t be in the lottery anyway 😉

He put up all his points in the first month of the season, not super sustainable.
Reinbackers told me points are points just last year

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Brady was my choice that year. I was shocked when we picked KK. I didn't know who he was.
For what i remember many of us wanted Filip Zadina ( even the crazy chick in the crowd :sarcasm: ).
kudos for you if you saw that Tkachuk was the best pick at #3 that year.

I still wake up in the middle of the night to imagine having Tkachuk on our rosters for years to come.
Damn it ! that would have been fun to watch . :cry:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Probably based on the fact Hugues said they won't draft lhd...

But i agree with you. Dickinson>>>Parekh.

Maybe not 1st D but he definitely is a good candidate to be pick up in top 5 of the draft.
When did he say that? I watched the post-lottery interview and he never mentioned this. Maybe it was in another interview.

I agree with you that Dickinson is your prototypical #1 d-man. He can do everything out there on the ice and will be an absolute monster. He made a few boneheaded mistakes in some of the games I watched, but I still really like him and think he'll be a beast. I just don't see how you can pass that up for someone like Iginla, Catton or Sennecke. Unless your assessment is that the other 3 are in the same tier as prospects, which I don't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad