Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

We all know how that ends though.
OgSrEhc.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Atlantic can be a bit bumpy but I'm sure Elon is working on a car that can do it. Are you in Estonia or did I mention something about it? lol

Your friend's wife, lol.

So re-read my previous post with that in mind. ;)

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Your friend's wife, lol.

So re-read my previous post with that in mind. ;)

ohhhh yeah, that lmao. I still want to go there, he keeps bragging how beautiful the women are there and in neighboring countries, which is true and would be my wingman lol.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
ohhhh yeah, that lmao. I still want to go there, he keeps bragging how beautiful the women are there and in neighboring countries, which is true and would be my wingman lol.

Would he have anything to worry about once you get there though? ;)

Reactions: Porkleaker

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This team rarely misses an opportunity to embarrass their fans. I am still shocked it didn't happen against Calgary.

Toronto is a bad matchup for us. They put us to sleep on a Saturday night so kudos to that.

I wonder if the team will wake up next game

I mean, at least they didn’t get embarrassed in 11 of the other 13 games prior :dunno:

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
What have you done for me lately? :cool: :sarcasm:

I mean, shit, I was pissed that they got shut out by the Leafs (2nd most hated team? something like that), but it doesn't take away from the last great dozen games they put together. At least not for me. Tomorrow's game will be more important in that sense.

Reactions: Cloned

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I mean, shit, I was pissed that they got shut out by the Leafs (2nd most hated team? something like that), but it doesn't take away from the last great dozen games they put together. At least not for me. Tomorrow's game will be more important in that sense.
Yeah you just know McD is pissed about the outcome yesterday. He will drag this team to a win if he has to. But I expect everyone will be much better. Tippet should never have screwed with the lines. Still don't get what the hell he was thinking but whatever.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He is particularly tough on Yams and Nuge IMO, that said I am a fan of those 2 and Drai (I really don't "hate" anyone on our team) and can say that all 3 could've been better last night and on many nights this season. With Yamamoto, his effort is never the question, it is just physics. Every time that he has a rough stretch and isn't winning battles it tends to lead to concern that he might not be cut out to go 100% for every game for a full season.

In fairness to my comments though Yama has only 10SOG in the entire month of February while playing exclusively with the best passer in hockey that is setting him up countless times. Thats in 12GP. Thats not good enough.

Yama has one goal in that whole stretch on a deflection.

I tend to be tough on players when they are not getting it done.

Nuge has 7EV pts, less than Kahun, he earns some criticism for having less EV pts than a player we just picked up for nothing.

Nor is Nuge playing a solid defensive game. He was caught up ice several times last game and including the 2-0 goal. In which Nuge floated back into own zone not even skating. Just gliding. he needs to be better, and we all know he can be.

I don't hate any of our players. I hate what Chiarelli did to this org and that our topsix is still a missmatch several years later because he screwed us over.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
In fairness to my comments though Yama has only 10SOG in the entire month of February while playing exclusively with the best passer in hockey that is setting him up countless times. Thats in 12GP. Thats not good enough.

Nuge has 7EV pts, less than Kahun, he earns some criticism for having less EV pts than a player we just picked up for nothing.

Nor is Nuge playing a solid defensive game. He was caught up ice several times last game and including the 2-0 goal. In which Nuge floated back into own zone not even skating. Just gliding. he needs to be better, and we all know he can be.

I don't hate any of our players. I hate what Chiarelli did to this org and that our topsix is still a missmatch several years later because he screwed us over.
I think we should use that 6 mill salary for Nuge on a legit natural goal scoring winger next season. He became obsolete after Drai's coming out party. We don't need a 6 million dollar 3rd line center and there are much better natural wingers out there for the money. And we need another one for Drai line also.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
So pick out RNH's worst stat in a low sample size and use it to compare him to a lesser player? Drai has 4 even strength goals.... same as RNH. Drai is worth about 6 mil as an UFA which is too much as a 3C. Bit of a silly game to play.

To cherry pick back, he's 25th in points and top 30 in goals. Where is the team getting a replacement for that? I almost want him to leave to see what happens but that would be cheering for my fav team to get worse just to see some fans eat a bit of crow. It would be a worse version of lossing Jeff Petry to indifference. Petry wasn't/isn't perfect but he would sure be a nice piece of the puzzle.

This comment isn't meant to be for any one poster. Just a bit of pushback against turning RNH into the newest scapegoat. If he was what some people seem to be expecting he'd be top 5-10 in scoring. IMO there should be some room between scapegoat and all-star. /rant

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Yamamoto has not been good, Drai hasn't been himself and Kahun more often than not is a non factor.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Real talk though, it's a joke that our marquee Saturday night game was at 5 pm. How come our home game is at prime time for the other team? Blah.
Western teams get screwed for tv. Been going on for years. I just accept it now. Bugged the hell out of me in 2006 during the finals when our home games were starting at 6 pm local time.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
So pick out RNH's worst stat in a low sample size and use it to compare him to a lesser player? Drai has 4 even strength goals.... same as RNH. Drai is worth about 6 mil as an UFA which is too much as a 3C. Bit of a silly game to play.

To cherry pick back, he's 25th in points and top 30 in goals. Where is the team getting a replacement for that? I almost want him to leave to see what happens but that would be cheering for my fav team to get worse just to see some fans eat a bit of crow. It would be a worse version of lossing Jeff Petry to indifference. Petry wasn't/isn't perfect but he would sure be a nice piece of the puzzle.

This comment isn't meant to be for any one poster. Just a bit of pushback against turning RNH into the newest scapegoat. If he was what some people seem to be expecting he'd be top 5-10 in scoring. IMO there should be some room between scapegoat and all-star. /rant

Nuge is a good player and all but you can’t really complete the same exercise when comparing to Draisaitl. Just looking at their overall point totals (which arguably is a primary determining factor for salary), Draisaitl’s worst season for points (his first actual season) would be Nuge’s 5th highest in points. Drai’s second lowest would literally be Nuge’s best.

I’d love to re-sign Nuge as he’s a well rounded, good two way player that can plug and play on either top 6 line (apparently Tippett forgot :sarcasm:) but anything over $7M will quickly be an overpay. I’d argue a raise to $6.5M would be fair for both sides.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Pulju is a former #3 ranked prospect, a physically strong player, a potential power forward, theres all kinds of upside with the player if he continues to work hard. Look, Yama has done incredibly well in the hockey world, again incredible. So I can certainly see people batting for him.

It doesn't matter where pulju was drafted really.
He has never produced as much as Yammo.

If yammos skills were in a 6'4'' in body that player would go first in every draft not including a Mcdavid or Mathews for the last ten years.

They are both great, hard-working players who love the game and this team.

But you have a problem with one and hold up the other. I don't really care the reason. You're one of the most insightful posters here, but you are also the one of the most full of hubris posters when hating on someone.

So I just thought I'd share that with the other poster who seemed to be going down the road of arguing with you on someone who's latest crime is a one-month sophomore slump and forcing you to bite your tongue about him for over a year

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It doesn't matter where pulju was drafted really.
He has never produced as much as Yammo.

If yammos skills were in a 6'4'' in body that player would go first in every draft not including a Mcdavid or Mathews for the last ten years.

They are both great, hard-working players who love the game and this team.

But you have a problem with one and hold up the other. I don't really care the reason. You're one of the most insightful posters here, but you are also the one of the most full of hubris posters when hating on someone.

So I just thought I'd share that with the other poster who seemed to be going down the road of arguing with you on someone who's latest crime is a one-month sophomore slump and forcing you to bite your tongue about him for over a year

Its done man. Maybe we could talk about Zach. Whats he up to? ;)

jk aside yes I have bias and preference. Most fans do.

Sorry for my transgressing. Hopefully Yama fills the net tonight and can resume production.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad