Post-Game Talk: Tippett moisturizes Bouchard

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I mean, at least they didn’t get embarrassed in 11 of the other 13 games prior :dunno:

I know.. everyone's hunting down the poster's that are giving the Oilers a hard time for losing the game. I should have expected this.

Like the poster I quoted. Not expecting to win them all. They've played good hockey over the last few weeks. And I'm not the least bit surprised the time would come to have not such a good game.

I'm only pointing out that the timing seems to always be at a place that seems.. odd for me when they do. Like the original poster pointed out. I understand laying an egg. It just sucks that the game that happens in is a national game against a team we're in a race with for the lead of the division.
I'd have been totally understanding losing a hard fought game Saturday night against a really good hockey team.. but that was a no fought game with all the motivational factors present.

If you can understand that I guess. But if you just want to beat down on anyone saying the slightest negative thing about an Oiler loss then hell.. shrug away I don't care.

I think the Oilers can be a good team. But I also don't trust this team at all. Getting blown out by Toronto with the run they've been on is not the end of the world. But doing it on the first game of a series that actually has significant meaning in the standings is a knock on the confidence I have with this team. They did the same thing in August. Came out and laid a complete egg against Chicago. Then played well after. I have to take this game into consideration when I think if this team can do any playoff damage. They've now laid two eggs in the first games of important series in the last 6ish months. Is this a trend? Is it just happenstance.. I think it probably is. I'll be really interested to see how they react the next time something like this presents itself though.

Maybe Toronto really is that good and it really had nothing to do with the Oilers not being mentally prepared and involved in the game.
Perhaps they school us these next 2 games as well. That's honestly what I hope the least for. I hope the Oilers took a game off and realize it. Because if they didn't. It means we probably don't get out of this division without some help from another team taking down Toronto.
I hope the Oilers tear Toronto a new one the next game/games. Then I hope they come back and reflect on the motivational factors of Saturdays nights game to try and understand what happened so they can learn something about themselves as a team. So when Game 1 comes around next time.. they're ready for it.

Every game is an evaluation imo.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Its done man. Maybe we could talk about Zach. Whats he up to? ;)

jk aside yes I have bias and preference. Most fans do.

Sorry for my transgressing. Hopefully Yama fills the net tonight and can resume production.

Yea, sorry was away from the forum for a day and came back to that.

My boy Zach, ya.. That contract sucks and he only shows a spurt of what he can be every now and then so. Between Turris, Neal, and Kass that's a lot of dough tied up next year on role players who aren't playing their roles anymore

Reactions: Drivesaitl

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Damn look at the exit and entry numbers

as for the defense, he needs minutes to get better with that - sitting him is a waste of time and does not help him progress - he needs to get used to the flow and quickness of the game to allow him to figure out what works best for him and how to best defend based on his play style

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad