Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi recalled (Nov. 9)

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Seriously? You're concerned about Tinordi's financial planning??

Wow.

You're right that we don't need to worry about Tinordi's finances. My post might have looked bad in that regard. :laugh:

My point was more about the detailed planning. You'd be surprised by how much a player's monthly finances look exactly like yours, but with bigger numbers. They have transfers planned to investments accounts, huge payments on the house/car etc. If the money doesn't get in as expected, they have to cancel a few things, call the financial advisor etc. It's just some unecessary hassle.

I remember that the guys in Tampa were really pissed a few years ago when the team had to stop paying them for a few weeks because of bad finances. It just **** up everything you planned. Even if you're a multimillionaire

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I like Beaulieu more than Tinordi, and I think Beaulieu will be better too.

But somehow this season, it seems that the winning ratio when Tinordi plays is much higher than Beaulieu. I may be wrong, but I think Beaulieu has played in all 4 losses so far, and Tinordi none. Anyone has that stats ?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I like Beaulieu more than Tinordi, and I think Beaulieu will be better too.

But somehow this season, it seems that the winning ratio when Tinordi plays is much higher than Beaulieu. I may be wrong, but I think Beaulieu has played in all 4 losses so far, and Tinordi none. Anyone has that stats ?

With Tinordi in lineup : 7-1-1
With Beaulieu in lineup: 4-4-0

Still Tinordi is -5 with that record.

habitue*

I don't like this yoyo game played with Tinordi and Beaulieu.

You keep them both and play them full tme or you let them in Hamilton for another full season and give them 25 minutes of ice time .

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Getting him away from JJ might not be a bad thing.

Frankly Tinner has been much better than Beauliue but Nate seems to have a slightly longer leash than Tinner

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
On the Hab's website

Jarred Tinordi was assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs. He should play two games with the Canadiens' AHL affiliate over the weekend before rejoining the big club on Sunday. The Bulldogs will play two games against the Adirondack Phantoms on Nov. 7 and Nov. 8.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
#fiereTherrien

MB sent him down.

Michel+Therrien+Montreal+Canadiens+Introduce+6ZS-pYKEohvl.jpg

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yep. Bergevin isn't gonna send down someone who is gonna play.

From before the start of the season it was known he and Beau would cycle in and out of the lineup as the 6 and 7 D's. What's wrong with giving him some more playing time in the A when the Habs have a break in the schedule like they did with Bourni and Beau.

Holy over reaction Batman!

Matteus

May 11, 2009
I'd rather have Beaulieu, Tinordi and Sekac in the line up for every game than Gilbert, Weaver and Bourque. But that's just me.

Speaking of Sekac, every shift he plays he does something I like and I'd love to see more of him.
The guy tries to get used to the smaller rink and the NA style and I don't see how playing 8-10 minutes every other week will help him get there. :(

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I wouldn't have a problem with this move in a vacuum. I still can't stand Therrien for taking Tinordi out of the lineup when he did though. Cycle or not, when someone shows he can do it every night you keep him in the lineup. In fact, I'm somewhat pissed that they did not send him back sooner if the intention was to give Beaulieu his time, unless there was some obscure rule that prevented him from getting sent down beforehand.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
so uh, last game Weaver was out with the flu and he got back to the hotel at the very last moment so both Beaulieu and Tinori played so we could dress 6 dman

What is similar situation happen saturday? We play 5 dman?

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
We did the same with Beaulieu last week so he could play 2 game during the weekend, why is there so much overreaction over this move

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Loolllll

Therrien is so awful. Didn't like something this last game and now tinner is in Hamilton

Here we go again....

The coach does not assign or recall players from the American League. That is the GM's job. The general manager provides the coach with the roster from which he then makes his lineup.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Here we go again....

The coach does not assign or recall players from the American League. That is the GM's job. The general manager provides the coach with the roster from which he then makes his lineup.

The GM is not going to send down a player the Coach is planning on playing. This was clearly an indication of the coach and GM having a conversation about the players and Therrien saying, Tinordi is not in my short term plans when Weaver is back.

Bergevin then sent down Tinordi to get in some games rather than sit in the press box.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
The GM is not going to send down a player the Coach is planning on playing. This was clearly an indication of the coach and GM having a conversation about the players and Therrien saying, Tinordi is not in my short term plans when Weaver is back.

Bergevin then sent down Tinordi to get in some games rather than sit in the press box.

The GM, not the coach determines who is going to play. Obviously the GM takes input from the coach but its the GM's decision.

Fwiw I wish they'd include Sekac in the yoyo act to give him some AHL time, he could benefit from it. I'd cycle Tinner, Beaulieu, Sekac and Bournival down to Hamilton on a regular basis.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
MT…. master of screwing around with the confidence of young players… is it really so much to ask to get a competent leader in place to coincide with quality players?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You're right that we don't need to worry about Tinordi's finances. My post might have looked bad in that regard. :laugh:

My point was more about the detailed planning. You'd be surprised by how much a player's monthly finances look exactly like yours, but with bigger numbers. They have transfers planned to investments accounts, huge payments on the house/car etc. If the money doesn't get in as expected, they have to cancel a few things, call the financial advisor etc. It's just some unecessary hassle.

I remember that the guys in Tampa were really pissed a few years ago when the team had to stop paying them for a few weeks because of bad finances. It just **** up everything you planned. Even if you're a multimillionaire

To be fair, if Tinordi is buying a huge house after a few games he's a moron.

If he's buying a modest house then look at the numbers:

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2140

He got 90k in salary bonus, got paid at a 900k rate and in the minors will get a 67.5k rate.

His salary bonus alone is enough to buy a condo and he still hasn't officially 'made' the NHL.

I get it's proportional but he isn't a vet so if he's thinking like he is, his loss.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The GM, not the coach determines who is going to play. Obviously the GM takes input from the coach but its the GM's decision.

Fwiw I wish they'd include Sekac in the yoyo act to give him some AHL time, he could benefit from it. I'd cycle Tinner, Beaulieu, Sekac and Bournival down to Hamilton on a regular basis.

As would I. Not sure what the benefit of benching these guys is. Sometimes it's worth giving them the occasional big minutes.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Smart move by MB, neither require waivers, MT wasn't going to play Tinordi against Minnesota so MB sent him down to Hamilton to play 25-28 minutes in both games for Hamilton, giving him much more ice time & to continue seasoning his game, brilliant move.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Disagree. Weaver has been fine. Playing the two rookies against Buffalo didnt give optimal results on the ice IMHO.

Beaulieu was all over the place in a good way because he didn't have Weaver over reacting to every loose puck in the D zone.

I was a huge fan of Weaver last year but so far this year he's been absolutely brutal

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
What in the hell are people complaining about?

Right now, when the top 5 D are healthy, only one of Tinordi/Beaulieu is playing. Weaver is feeling better, so MB asks MT which of the rookies will play Saturday against Minnesota. Its Beaulieu.

Instead of Tinordi watching from the pressbox, he gets two AHL games on Fri/Sat and is recalled afterwards.

Really, if anything this kind of move is GOOD when managing a pair of rookie defenseman, giving them both stretches of NHL games, but also trying to keep them fresh when it is not their turn.

Go ahead and argue that they should both be in the lineup, I don't completely disagree, but considering only one is playing at a time when everyone is healthy, this is very good player management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad