Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi recalled (Nov. 9)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It is what it is. If Therrien won't play them, they need some ice time even if in the AHL.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's not going to miss any NHL games, he'll get to play big minutes and the Habs save a bit of cap space.

Smart move IMO.

That said, I do agree that he should be in the line-up every night. I really like his game.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He's not going to miss any NHL games, he'll get to play big minutes and the Habs save a bit of cap space.

Smart move IMO.

That said, I do agree that he should be in the line-up every night. I really like his game.

He's gonna miss the Wild game but since MT benched him in the 3rd last night I guess he decided he was gonna scratch him for the Wild game.

Habsland35

Aug 24, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Like we said, there you go:

thanks...i figured they would have mentioned it if that was the case

I missed most of the game last night...Did Tinordi do something specific to get himself benched?
Tinordi has been a lot better than Weaver this season and deserves to be in the line up

also, it was nice to see beaulieu get some looks with other partners last night. i thought he really looked good with Emelin...if Therrien decides to keep P.K and Markov together for a while, I'd love to see Beaulieu on the second pairing with Emelin instead of Gilbert

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Therrien is an idiot.

Yes, the Habs need Weaver for his ability to clear the crease.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Cap move...

Underlying reasons are stupid, buy cap move nonetheless.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
was this said anywhere or are you just speculating?

I would say it was more pointing out the obvious than speculating. We're not going to run an NHL roster with six dmen on for an extended period of time.

Habsland35

Aug 24, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I would say it was more pointing out the obvious than speculating. We're not going to run an NHL roster with six dmen on for an extended period of time.

My bad...i just that it was odd that it wasnt reported that it would just be a weekend thing like they did with Beaulieu and Bourni, but as someone pointed out, it was reported a little later

RandR

May 15, 2011
It's a good move. Aside from the cap implication, Minnesota is one of the fastest teams in the league, so it makes sense to play Beaulieu instead of Tinordi on Saturday and give Tinordi a chance to get big-time minutes in those 2 AHL games before playing next week.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
For everyone bashing MT, it's Bergevin who makes these move. Not MT. Still think he's as big an idiot?

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
I'd rather have Beaulieu, Tinordi and Sekac in the line up for every game than Gilbert, Weaver and Bourque. But that's just me.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Gilbert has been pretty good, i'm surprised, he plays a simple game and gets puck to da nètte.

Last edited:

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
If you sit Weaver and/or Gilbert then at least one of Emelin, Tinordi or Beaulieu will be playing on their wrong side. Didn't this board spend all of last year complaining about how bad Emelin was playing on the right, and how he should be on the left?

Why would it make more sense to put a rookie on the wrong side then? If Emelin struggled at it why would Beaulieu or Tinordi be automatically better at it?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Probably like Bournival and Beaulieu, just to get him into a game and bigger minutes. If Beaulieu plays Saturday maybe they leave Tinordi for both games(Fri and Sat).

No problem with that if he returns on monday. Beaulieu should play against the Wild.

It's the same as Beaulieu and Bournival, 2 games in Hamilton for the Bulldogs.

Be back next week.

I really don't understand why people get in such a tizzy about non-waver eligible players being moved back and forth. One of the concerns I had before the season was that the young players not spend too much time with the nhl team but not playing. Glad to see Bergevin managing this sensibly first with Beaulieu and Bournival and now Tinordi.

Keeping players in game shape, getting them more icetime in pro AHL atmosphere can't possibly harm players, it merely has them ready physically, less chance of injuries too.:nod:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't see why people freak out over moves like this.

It saves us cap space and gives Tinordi a couple games where he'll play big minutes in an important role. He'll be in the lineup for one of our games next week, guaranteed.

Each precious penny we save on the cap is money not going into Tinordi's bank account. Pretty sure the guys end up being pissed by that kind of move.

It's not like the Habs need the few 10k$ saved by sending Tinordi down. But it might **** up his financial planning a bit. Maybe Tinner was in the process of buying a house or something and bang! Sorry but you have to put everything on hold because we don't know if the money is coming in or not.

Dumb move. If you want to keep the kids up, keep them up. Don't play yo-yo with them.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
:facepalm:

Let's send Chucky too while we're at it. And Gallagher. :shakehead

Yeah cause those guys spend 2/3 of games in the press box...good comparison!

Each precious penny we save on the cap is money not going into Tinordi's bank account. Pretty sure the guys end up being pissed by that kind of move.

It's not like the Habs need the few 10k$ saved by sending Tinordi down. But it might **** up his financial planning a bit. Maybe Tinner was in the process of buying a house or something and bang! Sorry but you have to put everything on hold because we don't know if the money is coming in or not.

Dumb move. If you want to keep the kids up, keep them up. Don't play yo-yo with them.

I don't think it has anything to do with the cap, they just want him to get some minutes. Hamilton is playing tomorrow and Sat. He was probably sitting on Saturday so 44 minutes of ice time instead of a night in the press box...easy decision.

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site

Seriously? You're concerned about Tinordi's financial planning??

Wow.

Anyways, here is an article regarding the Leafs but nonetheless applicable to all teams that explains why sending guys to the minors is a smart strategy. And doesn't even take into account the extra game-time Tinordi would be getting.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs..._day_can_mean_4000_in_salary_cap_savings.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad