Timothy "Lillypad" Liljegren Discussion || UPD 1/14/2020 -- Recalled by the Leafs and returned

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
His stats in the AHL are not that good considering his age. So if the Kings really valued him more than Liljegren or Sandin in the Jake Muzzin trade, that worked out better for the Leafs.
True. All though Kings probably wanted Lilly, and Dubas said okay then give me something more. Kings didn't so they settled on Durzi.

Fun fact. Lilly's 18 year old PPG is higher then Durzi's PPG at age 21.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I would still take Durzi back however. Maybe for an asset that seems stuck in the AHL.

Not sure about Durzi, but I think the Leafs would love to be able to trade for Calle Rosen back. He's been in the AHL for awhile. He only played 8 NHL games for the Avs this season and doesn't appear to be doing overly well there overall.

I wonder if a Ceci for Rosen trade as a basis could work? Seems like Ceci could be good RHD insurance/depth I think and they have a ton of cap space to work with.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Not sure about Durzi, but I think the Leafs would love to be able to trade for Calle Rosen back. He's been in the AHL for awhile. He only played 8 NHL games for the Avs this season and doesn't appear to be doing overly well there overall.

I wonder if a Ceci for Rosen trade as a basis could work? Seems like Ceci could be good RHD insurance/depth I think and they have a ton of cap space to work with.
They have Cole and Zadorov on their third pair right now don't they? I can't see them taking Ceci unless they flip a LD first. He could be their 7th I guess but they likely go for something like Pageau+Kreider or something with their space.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I actually don't think we should trade Ceci unless we're getting multiple defensemen at the deadline. He's significantly overpaid right now, but he's solid depth and we don't necessarily NEED the cap space. All the injuries have kind of made that a moot point unless we're making more deals

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
True. All though Kings probably wanted Lilly, and Dubas said okay then give me something more. Kings didn't so they settled on Durzi.

Fun fact. Lilly's 18 year old PPG is higher then Durzi's PPG at age 21.
I wouldn't be surprised if Dubas obviously said no to giving up either player and that's when he offered them their 2019 1st round pick without any conditions.

Reactions: stickty111

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If people weren't sure yet, well Bob pretty much said Lilly is untouchable along with the big 4, and Sandin, Robertson, and the 1st round pick.
You mean next years first right? I dont know I'd be open to dealing that if the right trade came along.

The three prospects would cost more than good value to get. Youd have to pay for one of those guys with the assumption that they are going to be more valuable to your team than they are elsewhere (and as such your willing to endure a overpayment for them)

Reactions: stickty111

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
They weren't you say. How can that be, I remember reading comments from someone one on other boards who claims with articles from Elliotte Friedman how the Kings and Rob Blake valued Druzi a lot more than Sandin and Liljegren. :sarcasm:
I seriously doubt they asked for Durzi first. I know I wouldn't and thats just speculation. it means nothing.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Someone made the point on twitter. Lilly wasn't on the untouchables list last year. It shows how much he has grown that are Leafs are not comfortable moving him.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I seriously doubt they asked for Durzi first. I know I wouldn't and thats just speculation. it means nothing.
The problem is that people are assuming that it was Durzi vs Liljegren in a ceteris paribus scenario (all else being equal). I would imagine if the package had Liljegren in it, it was probably a less enticing package overall to the Kings.

e.g. Leafs offered Liljegren + Timashov or Liljegren+2nd or something like that, vs Durzi+Grundstrom+1st, and Kings preferred package 2.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad