Tribute Timothy Liljegren part 2

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
No one commenting on his brilliant bank pass that led to the only goal?
Who cares when he gets pushed around like a ragdoll

Not to mention struggles immensely playing defence against good teams, he can be a good defensemen against bottom feeders though

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
No one commenting on his brilliant bank pass that led to the only goal?
Its ridiculous how this coach operates you think lily doesn't know he's sandin of this season you brought a guy in to take his spot so who's gonna move the pucc other than Reilly you put that failed second pair bacc together for what? Here's an idea move Brodie and the first for Riellys partner put McCabe with lily and play Benoit edmunson and boosh on the third pair but no the dummy wants 5 Lefty's in the line up with boosh might as well have 6 Lefty's on the d they all make mistakes and the ones he loves the most make the most stupid f'n coach

He's not that good.

He skates it quickly in open space 3 on 3 and makes a pass and suddenly im being told he's better than rielly. Kids in my sons league can do that 3 on 3

In a structured game against good teams he stinks. Always has always will. Sandin was the brains to their pairing.
It's funny you can say that with a straight face when we went 5-0 the moment he got top pairing minutes now all of a sudden he succs? Riellys bacc on pp1 and now it goes cold but sure ignore every sign that tells you where the problems lie loooool ffs

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don't understand what Keefe is doing with the defense. If this was his intention it is absurd how much leash he will give to guys who have actually been shit all season defensively like Brodie, Gio, Rielly to an extent (though his offense makes up for it) but will give none to Liljegren who is better than most of them. No wonder this team can't develop young top 4 defensemen or top six forwards.
Lil has been given every opportunity, I’m so over this so hard done by mentality. Do your job, you’re in.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This narrative of "who going to move the puck now" I'd like to push back on a bit. Lil is good when he has space and time, but the moment he's under pressure he throws blind passes up the wall with regularity, there is up poise at all. So, this idea really doesn't translate to tough, hard forecheck games, he is bad, so where is the downside there? His inability to process the game under pressure is one of his key weaknesses. Whatever passing prowess he has evaporates in the tough moments, at least so far in his career.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
What opportunity has he been given due tell cause I call bull*hit
lol he's been in the lineup for years. You guys are a hoot. He's played 185 games. I call bullshit on the idea this poor guy hasn't got a fair shake. Maybe it because all the guys clamouring for him to come before he was ready. The world isn't out to get Lil, he just hasn't proven it. Go look at what Benoit has done with his opportunity for example. Grab it or step aside, it's the NHL.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
lol he's been in the lineup for years. You guys are a hoot. He's played 185 games. I call bullshit on the idea this poor guy hasn't got a fair shake. Maybe it because all the guys clamouring for him to come before he was ready. The world isn't out to get Lil, he just hasn't proven it. Go look at what Benoit has done with his opportunity for example. Grab it or step aside, it's the NHL.
How many games in the NHL do you play as a dman before they have an idea of what you are in the NHL is it conveniently now 185?? Cause it never was that number before

Reactions: Gary Nylund

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How many games in the NHL do you play as a dman before they have an idea of what you are in the NHL is it conveniently now 185?? Cause it never was that number before
Has he looked any better today than two years ago? Perhaps you might find that helpful.

I don't want to trade him necessarily, not even 100 percent giving up on him. But, for me he is the easy choice to sit, provide depth if we need it. He isn't a good top 6 d man right now. I also would have preferred we kept Sandin because at least he excels a something.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So they're dumb? He is statistically better than any defenseman on the team minus Rielly and maybe McCabe. He's had a few rough games lately but that shouldn't erase what was otherwise a successful season.

This fanbase is garbage. Zero tolerance or patience for young players and itching to trade/demote them after a rough patch. You trade him without bringing back another young defenseman to replace him and your D core for the foreseeable future is made up of geriatrics who can't do anything but play physical.
Nazem Kadri once said regarding Leafs fans "the passion is nice but there is a lack of patience here".

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Has he looked any better today than two years ago? Perhaps you might find that helpful.

I don't want to trade him necessarily, not even 100 percent giving up on him. But, for me he is the easy choice to sit, provide depth if we need it. He isn't a good top 6 d man right now. I also would have preferred we kept Sandin because at least he excels a something.
That's crazy he had the only pay that turned in to a goal coincidentally on the power play when Riellys wasn't on I don't know man maybe my brains the one that's not working but we went 5- 0 without Rielly further more 7-0 with him playing a lesser role with lily being the stand out on the bacc end but he shouldn't even be in the top 6 ?? Trade him then and kiss lord Stanley goodbye you cant win without defense and if you can't get the pucc to the forwards you won't score everyone turns a blind eye to Rielly complains about Brodie and he's the same kind of player without the offense on an expiring contract but let's take lily out the line up who on the bacc end looked good yesterday? Not tough who looked good??

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
That's crazy he had the only pay that turned in to a goal coincidentally on the power play when Riellys wasn't on I don't know man maybe my brains the one that's not working but we went 5- 0 without Rielly further more 7-0 with him playing a lesser role with lily being the stand out on the bacc end but he shouldn't even be in the top 6 ?? Trade him then and kiss lord Stanley goodbye you cant win without defense and if you can't get the pucc to the forwards you won't score everyone turns a blind eye to Rielly complains about Brodie and he's the same kind of player without the offense on an expiring contract but let's take lily out the line up who on the bacc end looked good yesterday? Not tough who looked good??
He can't get the puck to forwards under pressure, try watching the games. He crumbles and if you're losing battle after battle you don't have the puck anyways. What a hill to die on, Tim Liligren or bust for Lord Stanley, and you're lol at me? Yikes. I'm out, people take this guy wwwaaaayyy too seriously here's always have.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
He can't get the puck to forwards under pressure, try watching the games. He crumbles and if you're losing battle after battle you don't have the puck anyways. What a hill to die on, Tim Liligren or bust for Lord Stanley, and you're lol at me? Yikes. I'm out, people take this guy wwwaaaayyy too seriously here's always have.
Our dcore is old Riellys 30 Benoit is young other than him everyone is on the decline or aren't any good to begin with he's the only one currently on d with potential to be something no offense to Benoit his game is simple and effective we'll see how he handles the playoffs but the kid is playing with a ton of confidence and it seems like no matter what he does it's never good enough how do you think he should handle what's going on with him?? And were strapped for cash thanks to the forwards group so how do you fix that problem if not internally?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Our dcore is old Riellys 30 Benoit is young other than him everyone is on the decline or aren't any good to begin with he's the only one currently on d with potential to be something no offense to Benoit his game is simple and effective we'll see how he handles the playoffs but the kid is playing with a ton of confidence and it seems like no matter what he does it's never good enough how do you think he should handle what's going on with him?? And were strapped for cash thanks to the forwards group so how do you fix that problem if not internally?
I didn't say trade him or give up on him, but he's playing himself OUT of the lineup, based on his own play and nothing more. If it changes I'll applaud him, as I have done countless times in the past.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I didn't say trade him or give up on him, but he's playing himself OUT of the lineup, based on his own play and nothing more. If it changes I'll applaud him, as I have done countless times in the past.
Might as well cause he won't develop in the press box and the coach is ruining the kid while giving opportunity to players that shouldn't have it do you think it's a coincidence our pk succs and Brodie starts on it playing his off wing which he absolutely can't do anymore it's clearly evident but he refuses look what it took to put jt on the third line and off pp1 but Riellys a shoe in regardless of performance? Wtf is that

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I love this is such a big game for Habs fans and we're just hoping we don't come out flat against a trash opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad