Tribute Timothy Liljegren part 2

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It isn't the system lol, it's the player.

I just don't trust him when the going get tough. His game hasn't evolved and he's so weak for his size, I don't quite get it. Has shown some really good flashes at times, and I actually recall a couple years ago, anyone who paired with him suddenly looked good. Now though, I think he's had too many bad patches and lacks the consistent confidence. Also, his hockey IQ is nothing to write home about.

Good depth, but right now I don't know honestly what he is on this team?

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I know a lot of people are down on Liljergren right now, but I really do think pairing him with a Huge veteran D like Edmundson will calm his game down.

When we remake the defence in the summer, I say we flip him. But right now we need him playing good.

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I wouldn’t make a rash decision and trade him though, unless we are big game hunting, he does have some value. I’m fine keeping him as a seventh D, he is good depth.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man if he gets dealt and we get a nothing return back thats just pain

Dermott, Sandin, Lilijgren were supposed to be the chosen three to build the defense after Rielly

So much hype, promise and once regarded talent

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Do the Leafs even know how to develop Dman?
Like we have Reilly but he is okay in the defensive side. If not for his natural abilities, he might just be like Gardiner.
Sandin has his speed problem but otherwise he is solid.
Gunnersson, Stralman even Schenn left and somehow found success or at the very least better than with the Leafs.
Now there is Lilly.
Can the Leafs develop Dman and Goalie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad