Tribute Timothy Liljegren Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs were solidly in a playoff position, or hopelessly out of one, I believe they would throw him and watch him sink or swim. But the margin for error for the Leafs right now is razor thin. I thought he got the short end a bit last night, but I understand why they did it. He's a kid who can get down on himself in game, and Keefe knows that.

Absolutely he can. That's partially why I like him, he gives a bleep about his play. After a mistake, u can see it on his face. He cares and is self reflective. Ill bet he is one of the most coachable players Keefe has seen. He needs time, keep it simple, he is too much in love with rushing the puck right now, he has to forget about that right now imo.

Reactions: Saint Blue and kb

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
How about you bring something of substance into these threads, other than personal attacks? You contribute nothing and can never back up your argument.

Personal attacks? I don't do that. I just think you're obsessed with being right about Lilly. Not personally attacking you. If I hurt you, it was not what I intended.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Personal attacks? I don't do that. I just think you're obsessed with being right about Lilly. Not personally attacking you. If I hurt you, it was not what I intended.

You do seem obsessed about being right, but instead of backing up your point of view with anything that resembles evidence, you are content to troll threads and toss around insults. I think you should use what little brain cells you have to do something more productive with your time, but carry on with your trolling if it makes you feel better.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
You do seem obsessed about being right, but instead of backing up your point of view with anything that resembles evidence, you are content to troll threads and toss around insults. I think you should use what little brain cells you have to do something more productive with your time, but carry on with your trolling if it makes you feel better.

Well you two are entitled to stick together and like eachothers posts if it keeps you confident! You're also both entitled to your own opinions. I just aint.

Reactions: LeafsRus

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
he can't even handle a 3rd pairing role without getting demolished. I thought he would be a lot more ready than he has been, but I was wrong

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Honestly, he was our best D tonight.

Positionally sound, took the body when needed without hesitation, and didn't flub the puck like Holl and Marincin did a half dozen times.
Yup posters saying he was terrible are going by underlying numbers to support an opinion.

Reactions: klmdg

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The sample size is way too small to make judgements on underlying numbers in any situation, however his PK numbers are strong so far.

Reactions: Sparrowtrini

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The way I see it he is ready to be in a sheltered 3rd pairing role, but it's better he gets sent down especially in the middle of a playoff race.
When we’re fully healthy, Lily, Sandin, Marincin and Rosen all sit. Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie, Dermott, Holl and Ceci are our top 6 dmen. Lily has done a serviceable job in a 6/7 D role, but for now Ceci is better.

Lily probably makes the team full time next year, though. He’s close.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Anyone have the video of Liljegren daddy dicking Thornton?

Rielly ________
Muzzin Liljegren
Dermott Holl
Sandin Marincin/Rosen

It's a pretty thick dcore other than Sandin.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
The way I see it he is ready to be in a sheltered 3rd pairing role, but it's better he gets sent down especially in the middle of a playoff race.

Honestly, I despise the sheltered 3rd pairing role in Lily’s case.

Either play him in a serious role and live with the mistakes or send him down. It’s not like the other D are playing mistake free. Marincin alone whiffed on 3 pucks tonight without being pressured resulting in scoring chances against and got caught badly out of position on the 4th goal.

Lily’s is as good a skater, puck handler and passer as anyone we ran on D tonight, and his defensive awareness, poise and physicality is already miles ahead of Barrie.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Honestly, I despise the sheltered 3rd pairing role in Lily’s case.

Either play him in a serious role and live with the mistakes or send him down. It’s not like the other D are playing mistake free. Marincin alone whiffed on 3 pucks tonight without being pressured resulting in scoring chances against and got caught badly out of position on the 4th goal.

Lily’s is as good a skater, puck handler and passer as anyone we ran on D tonight, and his defensive awareness, poise and physicality is already miles ahead of Barrie.

Essentially played a smooth, mistake free game today but I agree he needs more minutes to develop properly at the NHL level.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
When we’re fully healthy, Lily, Sandin, Marincin and Rosen all sit. Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie, Dermott, Holl and Ceci are our top 6 dmen. Lily has done a serviceable job in a 6/7 D role, but for now Ceci is better.

Lily probably makes the team full time next year, though. He’s close.
We've had that top 6 group together for 1 game this year and Muzzin got hurt in that game lol it's amazing we're where we are in the standings.

I think Dermott will calm down a bit once the other guys are back and hopefully they can mesh before playoffs.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
I thought Liljegren played great last night.

He is where he should be right now. He’s helping the team in a sheltered role, while we deal with injuries. He’s learning that he’s good enough to play in the nhl. Once our team is healthy, he’s going to have the opportunity to go back to the ahl, and dominate.

I honestly think this is all great for his development. He will be an absolute stud for us next september.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ian Tulluch said this about Lilly's game last night.

Timothy Liljegren (RD, #37)
— Even though his on-ice numbers were terrible in this game, I thought he looked alright. Liljegren was winning some battles along the wall in his own end, which is definitely something the coaching staff is going to appreciate. He was also playing a tight gap in the neutral zone defensively, stepping up on opposing forwards before they could enter the zone.

This is exactly what we were saying. The numbers weren't pretty but from the eye test, he played well.

Reactions: aingefan and klmdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad