Weekes: Timo extension in New Jersey

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Great news for the Devs. I know his production disappointed in his short time with the team last year but I’m gonna chalk most of that up to acclimatizing with a new team and system. He’s too good not to return to form. And the ability that he has to play with power through opposing defenders is a very critical piece for the Devils line-up construction long-term IMO.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think he will be as productive in NJ (they created a lot of high danger chances and generated a lot of changes off the rush. Just didn't seem to be his kinda' style to produce) but that's still a good contract even if he doesn't produce at the rate prior to the trade.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
1687540564158.gif

Reactions: Devilsfan118

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't think he will be as productive in NJ (they created a lot of high danger chances and generated a lot of changes off the rush. Just didn't seem to be his kinda' style to produce) but that's still a good contract even if he doesn't produce at the rate prior to the trade.

If he doesn't eat off our rush offense 5v5 which he looked a lot more comfortable later in the year, he'll absolutely wreck havoc on their powerplay. All he has to do is either sit in the bumper and deflect Dougie bombs or be put on the half boards across from Hughes and one timer pucks.

FWIW to this deal, I think the numbers to this deal are probably right but they have other small stuff to hammer out which is why they pivoted to signing Haula first.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think once he gains some chemistry with his teammates, his net front game will be his biggest asset here. With Hamilton and Luke at the points, he should be cleaning up in front of the net, on redirections, and screens.

Not to mention he’s likely going to be playing with either Bratt and Hughes, both guys should be able to set him up consistently offensively.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Fit will be interesting. He and Jack could be downright dominant at times together, but the results weren't always there. It did look funky at times. Throughout the season, there may need to be thoughts of breaking him off to his own line away from Jack and Nico, which could be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad