News Article: Timmins and His Staff Had a Video Conference Meeting with Lafrenière Today (June 29th)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's a Ducks fan

Maybe you misunderstood. Maybe he was just saying that he has a duck fan:

c9dce8c5355f6dd627fb0dd5f41ae49d.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He could be a fan of the Ducks. He can be a fan of the Kings. He can be a fan of the Sharks. He can be a fan of the Golden Knights. He can be a fan of the Coyotes. He can be a fan of the Stars. He can be a fan of the Canucks. He can be a fan of the Oilers. He can be a fan of the Flames. He can be a fan of the Jets. He can be a fan of the Blackhawks. He can be a fan of the Blues. He can be a fan of the Avs. He can be a fan of the Wild. He can be a fan of the Preds. He can be a fan of the Panthers. He can be a fan of the Lightning. He can be a fan of the Canes. He can be a fan of the Caps. He can be a fan of the Penguins. He can be a fan of the Flyers. He can be a fan of the Jackets. He can be a fan of the Isles. He can be a fan of the Rangers. He can be a fan of the Devils. He can be a fan of the Bruins. He can be a fan of the Sabres. He can be a fan of the Sens. He can be a fan of the Wings. He can be a fan of the Leafs. He can be a fan of the Habs.

As long as he's playing for the Habs.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He could be a fan of the Ducks. He can be a fan of the Kings. He can be a fan of the Sharks. He can be a fan of the Golden Knights. He can be a fan of the Coyotes. He can be a fan of the Stars. He can be a fan of the Canucks. He can be a fan of the Oilers. He can be a fan of the Flames. He can be a fan of the Jets. He can be a fan of the Blackhawks. He can be a fan of the Blues. He can be a fan of the Avs. He can be a fan of the Wild. He can be a fan of the Preds. He can be a fan of the Panthers. He can be a fan of the Lightning. He can be a fan of the Canes. He can be a fan of the Caps. He can be a fan of the Penguins. He can be a fan of the Flyers. He can be a fan of the Jackets. He can be a fan of the Isles. He can be a fan of the Rangers. He can be a fan of the Devils. He can be a fan of the Bruins. He can be a fan of the Sabres. He can be a fan of the Sens. He can be a fan of the Wings. He can be a fan of the Leafs. He can be a fan of the Habs.

wouldn't this be something....with first over all in the 2020 draft Montreal is proud to select
Lafrenière

2 days after draft...Lafreniere refuses to come to Montreal wants a trade to Ducks...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I agree with this, (except maybe for the Leafs and Bruins fan thing).

BTW, according to this, that supposedly came from the CHL top prospects media guide, he was a Chicago Blackhawks fan.

Getting to know the top prospects for the 2020 NHL Draft

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I agree with this, (except maybe for the Leafs and Bruins fan thing).

BTW, according to this, that supposedly came from the CHL top prospects media guide, he was a Chicago Blackhawks fan.

Getting to know the top prospects for the 2020 NHL Draft

That should settle it, then.

Favourite team: Blackhawks.
Favourite playe: Patrick Kane.

And it makes sense. When he was growing up, the Blackhawks began their run of being the best team in the league.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

And it makes sense. When he was growing up, the Blackhawks began their run of being the best team in the league.

so, i guess we wont even get him as a UFA..lol

Vinny all over again...lol

with that said, the days are numbered for the Hawks name ....team name change coming IMHO

Cleveland Indians ready to discuss changing team name

Washington and the N.F.L. Might Change the Redskins Name. Why Now?

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It doesn't really matter if he's a habs fan or not. For these kids, the game soon feels like a job after a little time in the pros, and fandom does not exist anymore.

If there's any connection that counts in the pros, it's that first connection from the team that drafts or signs the player. Thats the city which becomes difficult to leave, not the childhood team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

That’s the thing, these kids were all born in 2001-02. Growing up after that, you’ve only seen awful Habs teams, so it would be very surprising for someone that age to like them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
so, i guess we wont even get him as a UFA..lol

Vinny all over again...lol

with that said, the days are numbered for the Hawks name ....team name change coming IMHO

Cleveland Indians ready to discuss changing team name

Washington and the N.F.L. Might Change the Redskins Name. Why Now?

The Blackhawks though is not an offensive term.

If you read the origin of the team name, it was from their owner in the 20's. He fought in WWI in a division they called Black Hawk. And that division was named after a Native American chieftain in Illinois named Black Hawk.

So I don't see them changing their name or logo. Because there is nothing offensive about it. If anything, they're honoring a specific Native American that was from their area.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
At the end of the day, I just wanna hear that at the Entry Draft (crossed fingers):

''WITH THEIR FIRST OVERALL PICK THE MONTREAL CANADIENS SELECT FROM THE RIMOUSKI OCEANIC, ALEXIS LAFRENIERE''

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Blackhawks though is not an offensive term.

If you read the origin of the team name, it was from their owner in the 20's. He fought in WWI in a division they called Black Hawk. And that division was named after a Native American chieftain in Illinois named Black Hawk.

So I don't see them changing their name or logo. Because there is nothing offensive about it. If anything, they're honoring a specific Native American that was from their area.

Adam, read this..I would lay good money down on the Chicago team name changing sooner or later...we live in a different world ....

Collingwood Blackhawks changing name, logo in 2020 - BarrieToday.com

The OHRC reached out to Collingwood council, and other municipalities, to explain the recent tribunal settlement and to urge Collingwood to engage Indigenous communities in discussions about the use of Indigenous-themed logos and team names in sports arenas.

“The OHRC recognizes that the use of Indigenous-themed names and logos by sports teams has been a long-standing norm in our society,” reads the letter sent to council by the OHRC. “However, it is time to revisit these pervasive images.”

The OHRC letter further states derogatory images and words such as those used in some sports logos, have a significant ability on the affected individuals and groups to participate.
“Sports are drivers of social inclusion. They bring communities together and help youth develop their self-esteem,” states the letter. “To this end, the OHRC and municipalities have a shared goal of actively removing barriers to participation in sports for Indigenous youth.”
In Hammond’s letter, he states the CMHA board is having discussions around how to ensure a new logo and name is respectful of any group that may feel represented by the new logo, how to choose a name and logo, and how to manage the cost of home and away jerseys for 400 players.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Adam, read this..I would lay good money down on the Chicago team name changing sooner or later...we live in a different world ....

Collingwood Blackhawks changing name, logo in 2020 - BarrieToday.com

Thanks for the link.

But I don't think the Chicago Blackhawks will suffer the same fate.

It may happen. We never know. I just think that it will stay as is. I'm also not saying they won't look into it (both Chicago and the NHL). I doubt they will just dismiss it all and carry on.

Last edited:

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
For every ****ass here talking trash about him being a Ducks fan, he changed his profile picture a couple of times earlier on FB with a picture of the Ducks rooting for them in their 2016 run. Idk if that is the same ''source'' as the other guy, but that is that.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Let's give the credit to @HOPE who was right since the beginning (end of the discussion) :thumbu:

View attachment 352593
thank you.
Habs weren't in the playoffs tho. So yeah he could be a Habs main with the ducks as a side team
or i could have a contact in hockey who is in direct contact with the kid. Oh and i thought he was a Chicago fan? they we're in 2016's playoff.
No, it doesn't matter what team he cheered for.

But the guy rightfully got called out "He's a Ducks fan, believe me." Like... no?

you need to quote me where i say believe me, because i'm pretty sure i've always said you can believe me or not, it's a personal decision that i fully understand because i'm just an internet dude.

and yes i agree with you, it does not matter 1 bit what team he cheered for. The conversation only started because i quoted someone who said if he could pull a Lindros!

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Hockey at Home: Episode 5

@4:27 to @4:55

“Growing up at Saint-Eustache which is like twenty minutes away from Montreal, I watched the CH. A lot of great players have played there. So for sure growing up it was my favorite team. And I had the chance to go to the Bell Center a couple of times to watch them play. As a kid, I really dreamed to play for this team.”

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad