News Article: Timmins and His Staff Had a Video Conference Meeting with Lafrenière Today (June 29th)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why are they teasing us with this? I also read a piece on SN talking about how he would be a perfect fit for us, hmmm, do they know something already?
giphy.gif

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Its very tough for me not to cheer for MTL, so I may not be watching that play in round, but having a 1/8 chance in Lafreniere is a no brainer.

Dream scenario -
1. we get #1
2. Trade Domi for a top 10 pick (BUF ideally) draft BPA
3. Offer sheet Barzal or PLD

its nice to dream.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If Rossi is on the table at 7, I hope we can trade Domi to draft Rossi + Laf. Leaving the draft with a franchise winger and C. I dare to dream!
Was thinking the same thing.

Lots of ifs however I am really big on Rossi.

However if we end winning the Laff sweepstakes I try to trade Drouin instead of Domi.

Use those pics. Drouin + all our 4ths.

Rossi and Laff on the same team makes me feel guiddy.

I have a feeling that Rossi will go between 4-6 though.

A future of Suzuki, Rossi, KK down the middle... Wowzers.

Reactions: Gravity

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Was thinking the same thing.

Lots of ifs, but I am really big on Rossi.

If we did however end up winning the Laff sweepstakes I try to trade Drouin instead of Domi. But if Domi is the player that gets it done so be it.

Use those pics. Drouin + all our 4ths or Domi straight up or with a small plus if need be.

Rossi and Laff on the same team makes me feel guiddy.

I have a feeling that Rossi will go between 4-6 though.

A future of Suzuki, Rossi, KK down the middle... Wowzers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I dare not dream.

#9 overall should be good. Last time we got Serhachev. The time before, at #12, McDonagh.

The only thing that could ruin a dream scenario is hockey actually coming back and us beating Pittsburgh. What a nightmare.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Its very tough for me not to cheer for MTL, so I may not be watching that play in round, but having a 1/8 chance in Lafreniere is a no brainer.

Dream scenario -
1. we get #1
2. Trade Domi for a top 10 pick (BUF ideally) draft BPA
3. Offer sheet Barzal or PLD

its nice to dream.
Barzal would cost us five 1sts - and Lou would match anything under 12.5 million AAV.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Rossi is on the table at 7, I hope we can trade Domi to draft Rossi + Laf. Leaving the draft with a franchise winger and C. I dare to dream!

I think that if Montreal makes a trade to acquire another 1st round pick, they wouldn't do it for a Top-10 pick. The asking price would be too high for MB to consider it. I would think he'll either add one that is in the 15-20 range or in the late 1st.

Reactions: Gravity

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It certainly is a nice dream to have as it would be the reward for the fans that have had to put up with so much shit from this Molson/Bergevin era. To finally land that high end forward that has ppg upside, something we are long overdue for. Add to that with him being a local although you have to feel for the kid if it did happen as the pressure would be extreme as we saw how fans went nuts when Lats was here, and he's not even in the ball park of Lafrernière.

What a day it would be if it happened, though I try not to think about it as just getting the 9th OA would be sweet as long as we lose to the pens.

I will say I do like the idea of trading Domi for the 8th OA, if he's not happy and wants out or asks for too much. I know some will say we can't lose him but MB should know he likely can't keep all of Domi, Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault, Armia plus whatever Mete gets this off-season and with Suzuki likely getting a nice bump the following off-season after next summers big UFA class for us.

What would be sick is if we won 1st OA, traded Domi and got 8th OA and then used some picks to try and trade up for a late 1st. boston and the sens both have had 3 1st round picks over the past several years, would love to see us do it once. 14 picks is too many, we need quality now not quantity.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It certainly is a nice dream to have as it would be the reward for the fans that have had to put up with so much shit from this Molson/Bergevin era. To finally land that high end forward that has ppg upside, something we are long overdue for. Add to that with him being a local although you have to feel for the kid if it did happen as the pressure would be extreme as we saw how fans went nuts when Lats was here, and he's not even in the ball park of Lafrernière.

What a day it would be if it happened, though I try not to think about it as just getting the 9th OA would be sweet as long as we lose to the pens.

I will say I do like the idea of trading Domi for the 8th OA, if he's not happy and wants out or asks for too much. I know some will say we can't lose him but MB should know he likely can't keep all of Domi, Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault, Armia plus whatever Mete gets this off-season and with Suzuki likely getting a nice bump the following off-season after next summers big UFA class for us.

What would be sick is if we won 1st OA, traded Domi and got 8th OA and then used some picks to try and trade up for a late 1st. boston and the sens both have had 3 1st round picks over the past several years, would love to see us do it once. 14 picks is too many, we need quality now not quantity.

Lafreniere + Holtz at 8 would set our wings up for the future.

Lafreniere Holtz Caufield would be a lot of scoring punch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad