News Article: Timmins and His Staff Had a Video Conference Meeting with Lafrenière Today (June 29th)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Interesting............who was he a fan of? Leafs, Bruins!! lol
He's a Ducks fan
That’s definitely not true haha. I mean you’re joke probably went over my head but he’s stated many times that he would choose the Habs as the one team he could go to in the draft because they were his childhood team.

when did he state that? in interviews with french media where they ask him almost an "exclamation" question? Hey Alexis who did you cheer for as a youth, habs rigth? you would realy realy like to be drafted by the habs rigth?

He might have watched the habs as a kid, but i can confirm you he's a Ducks fan.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
He's a Ducks fan

when did he state that? in interviews with french media where they ask him almost an "exclamation" question? Hey Alexis who did you cheer for as a youth, habs rigth? you would realy realy like to be drafted by the habs rigth?

He might have watched the habs as a kid, but i can confirm you he's a Ducks fan.
Post a link then

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't need to, that's why i say you don't need to believe me.

Family photo in his house. Definitely looks like a Ducks fan

lafreniere-habs-jersey-e1544127984850.jpg

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Like i said you can choose to believe me or not, all i'm saying is Lafreniere was a Ducks fan and i have credible source. You can choose to ignore someone you don't know at all, that's completely legitimate.
i mean its not impossible but western hockey is much harder to watch for a kid,can you imagine him staying up till 10pm/11pm to watch the ducks play

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Were they the Mighty Ducks back then? Kids loved that team because of the movie and the cute critter that a duck is.

He could have been a Hab fan and really liked the ducks too. What's this witch hunt about?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Were they the Mighty Ducks back then? Kids loved that team because of the movie and the cute critter that a duck is.

He could have been a Hab fan and really liked the ducks too. What's this witch hunt about?

No he was born in 2001 and they became the Ducks in 2005. They won the Cup in 2006-07, when he would have been 5 years old.

Eggbeater

Jul 4, 2007
All that shows is what his parents dressed him up as when he wasn't old enough to choose for himself.

I don't know or care what team he cheered for honestly, just saying this isn't proof of anything.
It really isn't. At the age of about 7, I was a Kings fan because of Wayne Gretzky. I grew out of that pretty quickly and have been a Canadiens fan for the large majority of my life. What you like as a child doesn't stay with you forever.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
All that shows is what his parents dressed him up as when he wasn't old enough to choose for himself.

I don't know or care what team he cheered for honestly, just saying this isn't proof of anything.

I agree, but at least it's something more than "well I heard from someone that he's a Ducks fan, just trust me on this"

He was born and grew up just outside of Montreal. His parents are huge Habs fans (documented) and there's clearly a shrine of him in Habs gear, that is still up. Until I see him say "I was actually a Ducks fan growing up" then I'll believe he probably cares more about the Habs.

Either way, it doesn't matter, but at least I provided something.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It really isn't. At the age of about 7, I was a Kings fan because of Wayne Gretzky. I grew out of that pretty quickly and have been a Canadiens fan for the large majority of my life. What you like as a child doesn't stay with you forever.

just like you can be a fan of the team of your city growing up and be a fan of an other team when you actually understand the game growing up. Let's get real Montreal has never been an interesting team in his time and not everyone.
I agree, but at least it's something more than "well I heard from someone that he's a Ducks fan, just trust me on this"

He was born and grew up just outside of Montreal. His parents are huge Habs fans (documented) and there's clearly a shrine of him in Habs gear, that is still up. Until I see him say "I was actually a Ducks fan growing up" then I'll believe he probably cares more about the Habs.

Either way, it doesn't matter, but at least I provided something.

There's also picture of Suzuki with a Habs jersey as youth and he was a Leafs fan. Whenever you want to believe what i said or not is your choice and i respect that.

i still stand by what i said, the source isn't a neighbour who knows his aunt, it's someone in the hockey world who's in contact with the kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad