Pre-Game Talk: Time to talk Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The ease with which they should win makes it a little unsettling. Should be a fun ride though.
In the old division we’d be facing one of Tampa/Boston/Florida/Islanders 1st round.

Now we face teams that probably wouldn’t be in the playoffs up until the final 4. It’s like the old Norris/Patrick division.

This team has to make final 4 at the bare minimum.

Imo Tampa's run in with the Jackets 2 playoffs ago should have killed off the notion that teams will have any sort of guaranteed path through the post season.

I'd agree that the Leafs are in a favorable position, but fans should NOT look down on even a first series win as any lesser of an experience)achievement for the team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Imo Tampa's run in with the Jackets 2 playoffs ago should have killed off the notion that teams will have any sort of guaranteed path through the post season.

I'd agree that the Leafs are in a favorable position, but fans should NOT look down on even a first series win as any lesser of an experience)achievement for the team.
No one will celebrate them winning a round more than I will. I can’t believe anyone will look down on it.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
No one will celebrate them winning a round more than I will. I can’t believe anyone will look down on it.

Making the playoffs is also something to celebrate, yet we have posters here attempting to discredit it.

We could then rationally extend that the same posters would discredit winning the qualifier round as not winning a playoff round, when in fact it would have been so.

So posters finding reasons to not acknowledge reasons to celebrate making playoffs, winning playoff rounds, and so on is not a controversial sentiment, and the prime suspects to discredit such success in not-so-common circumstance would be those who have done so in the past.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Well hope we don't play MTL cause Button says they won't even win a game!
giphy.gif

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Making the playoffs is also something to celebrate, yet we have posters here attempting to discredit it.

We could then rationally extend that the same posters would discredit winning the qualifier round as not winning a playoff round, when in fact it would have been so.

So posters finding reasons to not acknowledge reasons to celebrate making playoffs, winning playoff rounds, and so on is not a controversial sentiment, and the prime suspects to discredit such success in not-so-common circumstance would be those who have done so in the past.

And not just making the playoffs but winning the division comfortably.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't love that 4th line, those guys have skill but they lack speed and play well with some younger talent on their lines

I think they'll float guys pretty frequently between the bottom two lines.

Ie they'll use Spezza more in offensive situations and Nash for D zone faceoffs ect.

Reactions: Nylander88

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Not sure I love this team taking more goals out of the lineup. Last year they didn’t lose because they gave up too many goals. They lost because they couldn’t find enough scoring. Don’t see many goals coming from Mikey, Nash, Thornton, Foligno, Simmonds, Kerfoot. Essentially our bottom two lines. Hope I am wrong.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I would prefer the Canucks pull out the win only so as to help ruin their draft position.

Listening to Halford and Brough (SN Vancouver), they want nothing more than a first round exit for the Leafs, or to have to face Boston in the final and lose again.

Now 3-0 Jets

I just want an opponent locked in. The fact it’s Montreal is just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad