Pre-Game Talk: Time to talk Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Did you look at the standings? LMAO :laugh:

Habs SUCK ASS
They’re pretty bad but like the Jets if they win the first game are they not due for a winning streak? That’s my big concern playing teams that have had long losing periods just prior to the playoffs. Also if they happen to get Gally, Drouin, Weber and Price back that could give them a huge lift.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
LEAFS VS. CANADIENS IN THE POSTSEASON!!

In the words of the immortal Bob Cole: "Oh baby!"

giphy.gif

imagine a prime bob cole calling this series?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
On paper Leafs should sweep them but there is a rivalry between the teams so I’ll say the Habs will win one and maybe another if Price is capable of stealing games still.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
When's the last time you won a first round series? I admit we are underdogs, but you still have to deal with this:

View attachment 432973

Did you know that the Leafs despite not having won a playoff series since 2004 actually have more playoff series wins than the Habs since 1993?

Crazy. We’ve done shit all for nearly 20 years and the Habs still haven’t been able to get more series wins than us since their last Cup.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They’re pretty bad but like the Jets if they win the first game are they not due for a winning streak? That’s my big concern playing teams that have had long losing periods just prior to the playoffs. Also if they happen to get Gally, Drouin, Weber and Price back that could give them a huge lift.

The way I see it; every team that makes playoffs one way or another more or less is there because they are decent in the division.

Dubas has paid 4 forwards 50% of the cap to score. Whether it is against the habs or any other team. This team will go as far as the 4 guys take us.

It could be habs with price or jets with helly; if this team can't score then something is wrong with the roster. Leafs roster IMO is a lot better than we've had in any past playoffs.

We have players that can grind/play boards and a decent top4 on D. Once we get Bogo back I will be even more comfortable. Our only weak position is our goalie. Jack is good but he isn't proven goalie but hey Binnington wasn't proven either ;)

Leafs are stacked compared to other teams in the division; if Leafs can't make the conference finals this season then quite frankly I don't even know what to say.....

In the end, winning is all that matters regardless of the opposition whether it is price/weber/gallagar or helly/scheifle/Ehlers/Statsny/Dubois etc...

Leafs gotta find a way to win.

Reactions: Tlo1

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
LEAFS VS. CANADIENS IN THE POSTSEASON!!

In the words of the immortal Bob Cole: "Oh baby!"

giphy.gif

Been waiting for this since the late 1970's for payback.

Its a long time to hold a grudge I know .:wg:

SeasonRound Result Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 Game 4 Game 5 Game 6 Game 7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1977–78Semifinal Montreal 4–0 3–5 2–3 6–1 2–0
1978–79 .QuarterfinalMontreal 4–0 2–5 1–5 4–3 5–4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Teeder Keon

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think it's pretty annoying that the North division playoffs are starting on the 19th just so they can go through with completely pointless Canucks vs Calgary games. Obviously it's going to lead to a more condensed schedule than US teams will have to deal with

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

We are missing Hyman, Foligno too. Those two are big pillars and work their asses off.

Reactions: Tlo1

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Our playoffs not starting till the 19th because of the Canucks/Flames games is sheer stupidity.
I guess it gives our guys more time to heal up (i.e. Foligno, Hyman, etc.)

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Smith's having a great year for them, their goaltending looks like anything but a weak spot to me.

Sure but you never know with goalies. Look at Binnington absolutely bombing against Vancouver last year despite them being heavily outplayed.

Winnipeg has 3-4 players better than anyone on the Habs.

I’d be worried having Campbell in net and faltering against players like Connor, Scheifele. Habs? No problem. Their biggest threat is Toffoli and let’s be honest, if that’s the guy who is your biggest threat, your team just isn’t good.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
That was my first year watching regularly.

78-79.... So much promise ...Clownshow Ballard I hope he's rotting in hell under Satan's sweaty scrotum.
We’ve never been able to come from under that AHoles grasp until this recent ownership and management
It’s literally the first time I’ve felt we are free of his effin skin ...

Reactions: Marshy

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
On paper Leafs should sweep them but there is a rivalry between the teams so I’ll say the Habs will win one and maybe another if Price is capable of stealing games still.

Has Price even been practicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad