Pre-Game Talk: Time to talk Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but considering points and regulation wins, if the final 4 was:

VGK: 80+ points*
Toronto: 76+ points
Tampa: 75 points (29 RW)
Boston: max 75 points (but max 26 RW)

They would reseed as:

VGK versus Boston
Toronto versus Tampa

Which would set up a Toronto versus Boston SCF. ;)

Toronto could overtake Vegas with 2 wins (1 regulation) and 2 Vegas losses.

Reactions: Hockey Crazy

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but considering points and regulation wins, if the final 4 was:

VGK: 80+ points

They would reseed as:

VGK versus Boston
Toronto versus Tampa

Oh baby let's do this

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020
I don't understand this Reilly Nash obsession some of you have. Guy hasn't played at all this year. It will be difficult for him to get up to speed, and I think some current roster players have earned shots to start in the play offs. Having Nash as a black ace is terrific for depth, but I don't think he starts in the playoffs.

Been pleasantly surprised by Galley. Engvall looked great with Mikeyhev and Hyman shutting down the Oilers big guns. Brooks looks like a mid round steal. Our veterans are providing bang for their buck. Hutton was always a player I liked. I think he has a higher ceiling and I hope he sticks with us.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
When was the last time a team was in the position that we're in right now - we're guaranteed not to face a top 10 team for the first two playoff rounds? Hell I'm not even sure this has ever happened before.
I'm pretty sure that this is the first time in NHL history that a team is guaranteed to not have to play a top 10 team until the 3rd round.
1. That is not guaranteed. Edmonton could still move into the top 10.
2. Vegas was literally in the exact same position last year...

:eyeroll:

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I don't understand this Reilly Nash obsession some of you have. Guy hasn't played at all this year. It will be difficult for him to get up to speed, and I think some current roster players have earned shots to start in the play offs. Having Nash as a black ace is terrific for depth, but I don't think he starts in the playoffs.
I agree with you that it'll be hard for him to just hop right in if this team is at full health. An injury will likely open an opportunity for him at some point...what happens after that is up to him. However, he definitely has played this year. 37 games to be exact. He had a knee injury right around the time Hyman had his knee injury, and has been out a similar length of time.

Reactions: willmma and Lumberg

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I agree with you that it'll be hard for him to just hop right in if this team is at full health. An injury will likely open an opportunity for him at some point...what happens after that is up to him. However, he definitely has played this year. 37 games to be exact. He had a knee injury right around the time Hyman had his knee injury, and has been out a similar length of time.

And he's a shut-down C

Reactions: Nylander88

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Both the Habs and Jets aren't exactly pushing hard into the playoffs .. I'm fine with either.
I’m fine with either as well. However, the Habs are an incredibly injured team that will be getting back Gallagher, Danault, and Weber. The Jets have been one of the worst teams analytically all season and this crash was bound to happen the moment Hellebuyck stopped playing like a god.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
1-9-0 in the last 10. Wow.

Yup, said it before, it's not a sustainable way to play winning hockey. But got bashed by Jets fans, "The goalie is part of the team!" Yes we know, but he can only bail out that atrocious defence for so long. It's gonna balance out after some point. This is what happens when the goalies don't stand on their heads. Honestly hoping they slip to 4th lol, would be an epic series.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Chances are we're playing Montreal cause I'd expect Winnipeg to get at least one point in their next two games.

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Anyone else getting a kick out of the Habs fans posting playoff bound memes and such? I have all I can do to remain silent lol. That said, we better kick their arse…

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019

VGK: 80+ points*

They would reseed as:

VGK versus Boston
Toronto versus Tampa

Toronto could overtake Vegas with 2 wins (1 regulation) and 2 Vegas losses.

I still think it'll be Colorado.

Reactions: Jmo89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad