Time to start questioning Colorado?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Three straight years not getting by the second round. Great regular season, but undoubtedly were a playoff disappointment this year. Forget about not winning the Stanley Cup the last few years, how about winning two rounds? They haven’t even gotten close. Shouldn’t we expect more of the best team in the league during the regular season and the fastest rising team in the league?

Or should we wait another season or two before the pressure starts to elevate?

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Nope, that would’ve been the conference final in a normal year.

No shame losing to a squad like Vegas.
They blew a 2-0 series lead and lost 4 straight games to end the series.

If the teams alternated wins, then I could see your point, but all of Colorado's midgets were pummeled by Vegas, and it was clear after Game 4 that Colorado wasn't going to win. They need more size (on defense especially).

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I'd say they are still trending in the right direction. You have to remember they missed Kadri all series as well. You've got MacKinnon who specifically took a pay cut to keep the team together in the past and claims he'll do it in the future. They were an overtime goal away from being up 3-2. Fleury made a huge save 10 seconds into overtime in Game 5. I think they could use some more meat on the back end. That's about it. Makar is incredible. How is it possible that guy is only in his 2nd year?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I’m going to go out on a limb and say it helps when your 2C is actually playing and the coach plays Bowen Byram over Patrick Nemeth.

Let’s calm down on ‘fixing’ the Avs. Cale Makar isn’t even in his prime yet.

The Avs will be be fine. I would worry if they lose Grubauer in free agency though. They really don’t have a solid backup option.

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
Nothing wrong with the direction of the team although salary will become an issue with Makar getting a significant pay rise

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Three straight years not getting by the second round. Great regular season, but undoubtedly were a playoff disappointment this year. Forget about not winning the Stanley Cup the last few years, how about winning two rounds? They haven’t even gotten close. Shouldn’t we expect more of the best team in the league during the regular season and the fastest rising team in the league?

Or should we wait another season or two before the pressure starts to elevate?
well if you say they havent gotten close try last season forcing game 7 overtime against the sc finalists with a injury plagued roster, 3. or 4. goalie in net etc

Reactions: Name Nameless

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol. Where do people get the idea that contenders should blow it to every time they don't win a cup. There are 4-6 contenders every year, and Colorado is one of them. Every year only one team wins the cup.

The plan is stay the course, hope you make the right accessory moves, and rinse and repeat until the core starts getting old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad