Time to Sign Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habtchum*

Price, Gorges, and Maxpac are all at 6 yrs, maybe Subban is about to join them??

These guys all played more seasons/games than PK.

PK has only played two seasons so far.

A two year contract at 8 / 8,5. Is more than enough.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
If Subban can get his shot back he will be a legit #1, until then though he isn't. He was fed non stop on the powerplay and did not look good.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
3 years 5 mil per .get it done and lets move on.

Thats too much.

Del Zotto just signed 2 years $2.55 per.

John Carlson signed before the lockout for 6 years at a shade under $4 per.

Subban slots in with these guys. Maybe slightly better but not significantly better. I think a 2 year deal at between $3.5 and $4 is more than fair. He can get his mega deal after that.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
PK wants 4+ yrs and Bergy is offering 2. They'll end up settling on 3, I just hope they don't waste too much time before arriving at the inevitable. Camp is short enough this year as it is without this pissing contest.

I think everyone can live with 3x5mil. Get it done and get his ass to camp!

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
If Subban can get his shot back he will be a legit #1, until then though he isn't. He was fed non stop on the powerplay and did not look good.

I think you're standards are a bit warped a bit by the Habs' recent history of top PP point shots.

Subban was so horrible at it he was tied for 8th-15th in PP goals by defensemen. Not great, but above average for a team's first unit shot from the point.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Francois Gagnon ‏@GagnonFrancois
Plusieurs rumeurs. Ça va jusqu'à 6 ans et 36 M $ @Fortin001: Est-ce vrai que PK veut un contrat de 5 millions par année???

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Francois Gagnon ‏@GagnonFrancois
Plusieurs rumeurs. Ça va jusqu'à 6 ans et 36 M $ @Fortin001: Est-ce vrai que PK veut un contrat de 5 millions par année???

If true, I hope in two years I'm saying glad this happened. probably not, but meh.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
But a level under his peers is still above a TON of players, and if Markov in his prime would have been his level of "peers" and Subban is a level below him, then he's still our no. 2 D....

Intelligence is real important, but getting EVERYTHING in one guy is very rare, and when you do, you have a generational talent. Put Rod Langway's defensive awareness in PK Subban's body, and you get a GREAT ****ing HOF defensemen. But take Subban's hockey sense and Langway's athleticism and you get a player who's lesser than either of them.

PK is PK. And PK is great for what he is. He'll never be Langway and we don't need him to be. He'll be something like a poor man's Coffey, and that's totally fine by me.

One famous play in the 1984 World Cup notwithstanding, Paul Coffey was not that good a defensive defenceman. PK is better defensively and tougher. But Coffey put up HOF numbers offensively. If PK comes even to 60% of Coffee's numbers, he will be a Norris candidate often.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Thats too much.

Del Zotto just signed 2 years $2.55 per.

John Carlson signed before the lockout for 6 years at a shade under $4 per.

Subban slots in with these guys. Maybe slightly better but not significantly better. I think a 2 year deal at between $3.5 and $4 is more than fair. He can get his mega deal after that.

pk is ahead of both those guys .no question.should evolve into a #1 ,maybe not this year but next.5 mil per is market value.get it done mb.we dont need any distractions .

PunkinDrublic*

Well if Gagnon tweets it, then it must be true. You will all see.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
http://spectorshockey.net/blog/updates-on-luongo-subban-and-del-zotto/

SPORTSNET.CA: Contract talks between the Montreal Canadiens and P.K. Subban’s agent “cooled” yesterday, and are expected to continue on Sunday.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: It’s believed the Canadiens have offered Subban a three-year, $12 million contract, while Subban is reportedly seeking a five-year deal worth the same amount ($4 million) per season.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

SPORTSNET.CA: Contract talks between the Montreal Canadiens and P.K. Subban’s agent “cooled” yesterday, and are expected to continue on Sunday.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: It’s believed the Canadiens have offered Subban a three-year, $12 million contract, while Subban is reportedly seeking a five-year deal worth the same amount ($4 million) per season.

I think Subban's offer is more than fair...if those are the n ubers

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I think Subban's offer is more than fair...if those are the n ubers

Is he still RFA after 5 years? Probably not. Hence why it's less advantageous for the the Habs. They want to keep rights on Subban. I think this is more the issue than anything else.Maybe I am wrong though.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

That's in the range of acceptable either way. Why don't they stop bickering like children on puny details like 2 years. Make it 4, shut yo mouths and shake hands. No Excuses!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Not sure why you say that. His tweets are usually accurate, more so than many others out there.

The guy tried to run Kovalev out of town a few years ago, and then claimed to have "lost" the proof. The way he acted during that whole situation, especially how badly he lost his temper to those who questioned his inability to provide the proof he claimed to have, is why I think he's a clown.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Is he still RFA after 5 years? Probably not. Hence why it's less advantageous for the the Habs. They want to keep rights on Subban. I think this is more the issue than anything else.Maybe I am wrong though.

no, but he'll deserve his paycheck or not after 5 years. Hot commodity for a trade, or possible resign. 5 years is a long time, in 2 years time I could see him making 6 based on his play. I would take this deal solely for the price/years. heck, I would try 6 at 4.25 if possible.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

SPORTSNET.CA: Contract talks between the Montreal Canadiens and P.K. Subban’s agent “cooled†yesterday, and are expected to continue on Sunday.

5 years/20 million? I'd give him that without hesitation.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
5 years/20 million? I'd give him that without hesitation.

Same here. Not sure why the hesitation on the Habs part about the length. My problem with Subban would be the money, not the length...And 4 M$ per....that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad