Pre-Game Talk: Time to move on. Habs vs Rangers, Saturday at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There are only so many permutations you can try with the same 12 players.

Those permutations of the 2nd and 3rd lines have already been tried and failed though. There are others that i prefer that haven't been tried.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Domi back playing C and Suzuki at RW, as per Julien PC just now.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Those permutations of the 2nd and 3rd lines have already been tried and failed though. There are others that i prefer that haven't been tried.

I think on PP they should put the backup in net and have Price up front. Hell, why not?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think on PP they should put the backup in net and have Price up front. Hell, why not?

I'd like to see Domi and Suzuki get Tatar and see if Danault and Gallagher can make do with Lehkonen.

I'd like to see if Domi will do well in the wing with Danault and Gallagher and if Suzuki and Tatar can do well together.

I'd like to see three past stable lines Tatar-Danault-Gallagher, the Finnish line, Cousins-Thompson-Weal, and then a trio with 3 offensive players: Domi-Suzuki-Hudon, or Hudon-Domi-Suzuki.

There's a lot I'd like to see tried, that hasn't been tried before.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Julien claiming that Domi not skating as well on the wing, so playing him back at C.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Confirming previous post.

It does make sense to have Domi at center.

But that failed at the beginning 9f the season.

I would rather have seen Tatar-Domi-Suzuki or Hudon-Domi-Suzuki. Give Domi, probably our best offensive player, two offensive wingers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Line Blender alive and well.

upload_2019-11-22_12-55-34.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It does make sense to have Domi at center.

But that failed at the beginning 9f the season.

I would rather have seen Tatar-Domi-Suzuki or Hudon-Domi-Suzuki. Give Domi, probably our best offensive player, two offensive wingers.

Would have liked to see Suzuki continuing at C, he was doing well there.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
It wasnt a bad decision to put Domi on wing. The problem is , that wasnt a promotion. I would liked to see Domi with Danault and Gallagher. Or Domi with Suzuki Gallagher. Hes moved to the wing, but he played with lekhonen or armia. This guy is just angry right now cause he moved on wing without playing with better player and let his place to a youngster /(suzuki)

Reactions: DangerDave

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As soon as Poehling finds his game again, would be a good time to look at trading a C to fill a glaring need. Who to trade, not sure.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It wasnt a bad decision to put Domi on wing. The problem is , that wasnt a promotion. I would liked to see Domi with Danault and Gallagher. Or Domi with Suzuki Gallagher. Hes moved to the wing, but he played with lekhonen or armia. This guy is just angry right now cause he moved on wing without playing with better player and let his place to a youngster /(suzuki)
The problem is we don't have enough talent to fill up 3 lines. We can't give Kotka or Suzuki both Hudon and Lehkonen and expect them to do anything of use. We split the talent across 3 lines so there isn't 1 completely useless line on the ice at any point of time. But putting Suzuki on the wing is stupid, we need to stop playing guys out of their natural position and expect them to develop properly.

The stupidity of our coach and GM is astounding. We played Drouin at center for a full season just because Bergevin wanted to stick to to Galchenyuk. We played Glachenyuk all over the place because we couldn't develop him at center. now we're doing that again with Suzuki. Once that fails, he will get the Kotka treatment and get dropped to the 4th while bringing up Weal or Cousins, then that fails so we shuffle the lines again and round and round we go.

But Bergevin is a man with a plan.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The problem is we don't have enough talent to fill up 3 lines. We can't give Kotka or Suzuki both Hudon and Lehkonen and expect them to do anything of use. We split the talent across 3 lines so there isn't 1 completely useless line on the ice at any point of time. But putting Suzuki on the wing is stupid, we need to stop playing guys out of their natural position and expect them to develop properly.

The stupidity of our coach and GM is astounding. We played Drouin at center for a full season just because Bergevin wanted to stick to to Galchenyuk. We played Glachenyuk all over the place because we couldn't develop him at center. now we're doing that again with Suzuki. Once that fails, he will get the Kotka treatment and get dropped to the 4th while bringing up Weal or Cousins, then that fails so we shuffle the lines again and round and round we go.

But Bergevin is a man with a plan.
It seem to be easy to put younger player on the wing. (Suzuki). Or reduce their icetime (KK). Could it be because he doesnt want to lose his room? Maybe he scare about to see some veterant to be angry? I dont know really

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Rangers on a 2nd night , I think we win but it won't be easy (it rarely is with this team)...

Jul 6, 2016
Really bad decision moving Suzuki to the wing. Why should he get demoted when he was one of the best forwards since being moved to center? And we've already tried him on Domi's wing and it didn't work.

Domi cried loud enough... And Suzuki, a raw rookie, had just to shut up and play where he is being told.... But he is not "demoted" because he will still play on the 2nd line with the minutes coming with it. And we know Suzuki can play rw, like he did many times in the OHL.

But it is also telling me that it's gonna be hard to fit all those guys at center eventually: Danault, Domi, Suzuki, KK, Poehling, Thompson, Vejdemo.....

Reactions: Edgy

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It won't change anything for Domi (center or wing) as long as he keeps playing by himself. Maybe if he stops trying to go through the whole team, this might help?

Agreed. Domi's problem is not the position he plays. It's how he plays. If he indeed was pouting because he got moved to the wing then trade him now. Just a headcase and nothing more. not like he is a star that cannot be replaced. Bergeinv will do some more dumpster diving and will find another diamond in a rough.

Reactions: Justin11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad